Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Make-up

You can use a bronzer as a highlighter or as an all-over powder. Depending on the shade of bronzer, it can make you look slightly sun-kissed or baked- in- the- sun- tan.

I use Clinique, but I had a dermatologist tell me to use only MAC products. Seems the older I get, the more I need and the more expensive it becomes.. I was hoping for the other way around.. lol

I use oil o lay face cleansing cloths right now. Lucked up and found some at clearance at target. I'm cheap I cut them in half and only use a half everytime. I use stretch and separte hydrofuge max faxtor eye mascara when I use it. I have some clear liquid type of mascara remover, but don't much like to use it...but when I can't let it wear off i use it.

I use mostly brown eye shadows or redish tones. ( i know boring LOL) But have a 12 hour eye makeup kit from revelon. (the kit color is coffee bean ...so browns) I like it alot and actually use the dark brown for liner..I think it looks softer than a pencil.

I have Sorme believable bronzer. And this I use in place of blush most of the time (its terracotta color so has a bit of pink to it) . I do a C patten...basically my cheeks up around the side of my eyes and a little on my forehead. It gives more of a just out of the sun look.

And as I already stated I use the cashmere by loreal for base. For lips I use the long lasting stuff (varies brands) or just clear lip gloss. (I like color mainly because I have some discoloration right at my lip line and this helps camaflouge it. I usely wear mauvey colors when I wear lipstick..more earthy colors.

That is pretty much my standard makeup. I have tons more because I go through fits every so often where I experiment...I also have a 13 year old daughter who is likes to "glitter" lol.

Anyone know of any cream style golds that don't come off so easy for the eyes?

Because of this thread, I actually wore makeup for the first time in like 2 weeks yesterday. LOL

Melissa

Well, I have officially made the entire switch to Mary Kay products. I will let you know how it all works out in about a month.

As for department stores or stores like ULTA. The girls working at those counters have absolutely noooooo training. I should know, I was one of those girls. :( We are told to "pretend like your putting it on yourself, if they like yours, then will like what you do".

The whole Mary Kay experience has been quite pleasant so far. and very private (she did it in my own house) I like "light" make up with neutral colors. She did exactly that. Light and airy and neutral tones. Felt good.

I must admit though, it is a lot more pricey than when I could just go to Walmart and get a powder. ((sigh))

Oy. It sounds like entering the world of makeup means commitment and money. This is what happens when you leave it too long, Crystal! :(

Maybe I'll wait until my girls are old enough to drag me with them to a salon or something. Doesn't sound worth doing by myself, quite.

well, I graduate in a couple of years, I most likely I will get an assignement in DC. DC is not Seattle. They will probably want me to wear nylons, but I won't go that far

... I won't go that far

LOL!! No kidding. But now that I'm thinner, I've been known to wear tights. They're pretty comfy, actually!

I take makeup off with baby wipes...they even cut waterproof mascara. They're pretty gentle. I love clinique makeup, but use maybelline mascara 'sky high' it really lengthens for me. I use bronzer to give my face a bit of a sunkissed glow, just lightly apply it in the "T" zone. Try doing a search for makeup application tips, maybe some of the cosmetic companies have sites? Good Luck!

Pam, that's a great idea! We use baby wipes for just about everything in my house, and taking off makeup seems like a perfect application. Good thinking! :(

I am a paleface brunette -- think Michael Jackson without the eyeliner -- and I just wear SPF 30+ sunscreen. I've got foundation by Prescriptives (color: Library Paste) and Shiseido (color: Kabuki), but I almost never wear it. . . I'm very low-maintenance that way. Lipstick and cheap black mascara and I'm good to go. But even in Chicago in January, sunscreen is a must!

I don't wear any foundations or anything. I have a few different eyeshadows, usually browns, and neutral colors, then eyeliner. I don't usually do mascara. Then I use my lipstick, kind of a plum/muave color, in the long lasting stuff. Max Faxtor is the best long lasting lipstick I've found, but Cover Girl is pretty good too.

:(

Pam, that's a great idea! We use baby wipes for just about everything in my house, and taking off makeup seems like a perfect application. Good thinking! :(

Mine too !

Anyone ever noticed that baby wipes are a WONDERFUL spot remove for carpet AND clothes?

sorry Crystal - a bit of topic here...