Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those packets you add to water

Not bad necessarily, not great either. They do have chemicals and like you said artificial sweetener. I will say they are better than soda but not as good as plain Water.

With all that I use them because when I do I drink more Water. I like the Celestial Seasonings (order online) ones as the Crystal Lite ones give me a Migraine. The Celestial Seasonings are called Zingers to Go and are all natural- sweetened with Stevia.

I have found that they all are too kool-aid like if mixed with 8 or 16 ounces of water. I mix them with 32-48 ounces, I get just a hint of the flavor but not enough to be overpowering.

I have not experienced acid reflux with any of them.

I use crystal lite all the time. But I also dilute it to 1 packet for 36 oz or sometimes more. I don't like it real sweet.

My doctor allows the Crystal Lite and Special K H20 Water Protein Mix - they are good.

Just be sure to read the package and of course if any questions ask your doctor/nurse. I found that your hosptial will not know as much as they should - but always check with your doctor - and make sure you follow his plan.

Good luck!

I was banded on 9/24/08 - and have been doing great and no trouble at this point!

I don't think they are bade for you. My nutritionist has recommended them to assist getring my daily Water in. I really don't like plain old water. I recommend trying the Special K or All Bran since they have the added Protein. When I drink the Crystal Light I add a scoop of Protein Powder to it. Drink up! :wink2:

I love the Crystal light, the orange sunrize is great frozen and by the time I want some it is back to getting slushy. White tea with blue berry and Citru splash (all CL) are great. Find them on sale to 2/5.00 or $2 each I stock up on them. Whenit is hot and I am hot from walking or working out Water is best. coffee goes down well while I am fixing dinner and add another 8 Fluid. name of the game that fluid intake really helps keep that hunger at bay a little longer. I try to go 6 hrs between meals sometimes no Snacks I try to push it until that tummy is growling. Don't put protien in any of my regular drinks. I thought that K20 had added sugar/calories. I normally keep Protein about 60-70day with or without a Protein Shake in the am.

i think i've tried just about all of them, because i hate Water plain.

the after taste was just too much to handle, and i would get a headache w/some....

i just keep LOTS of lemons on hand, and whatever fruit (strawberries/melon/oranges), and cut up and make a 60oz carafe of water & fruit and drink on that each day. i'm less worried about the sugar from fruit than of artificial sweetners.

I hope they're not bad for you. I am like some above me, I just do not like plain Water. I drink crystal light or something like it all of the time.. If it wasn't for those I wouldn't drink any water. I drink at least 4 bottles of water daily with a packet of crystal light in each. And by the way, when they did my lap band they also repaired a hiatal hernia and almost nothing bothers my stomach any more.. Good luck!!!

Edited by Perky66

Crystal light is a lifesaver, no problems at all. I think Wal-Mart has trouble keeping up with the lemonade flavor because of me!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I'm 9 weeks post op and will have my first fill next Monday. <o:p></o:p>

PreOp 323

Surgery Aug 11, 2008

Today 266

I love Crystal Light, but the regular lemon one gives me reflux (before surgery). They have a natural lemon flavor that didn't seem to be as acidic as the other. My doctor recommends Crystal Light for people that don't like Water (people like me).

The Crystal Light ones are sugar free and only 10 calories per little packet. I have half a packet in one 16.9 oz bottle of Water and the other half in a second 16.9 oz bottle of water.

I used the drink packets multiple times a day up until my most recent fill. Now they give me heartburn so I have started sipping tea. I hope I can drink them again when the band loosens up again.

I mix one packed in a 32 oz bottle of Water, so it's quite diluted. I found I won't drink the Water required each day if I don't mix something in it.

I also mix in fruity tea, and let that chill in the fridge (like cranberry zinger.)

No problems for me so far!