Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared to even go to my appointment...

TOMORROW, well I called to have another fill I have NO RESTRICTION after 3 fills and 5.5 ccs in my realize band. I feel I have been good meaning I haven't ate junk food, and even my portions are/have been cut back for not having restriction even to the point of leaving and still being hungry. I just don't know what is going on. I don't want to get to the point I can't eat anything like my friend is now but I do want some kind of restriction because although I have cut back I am sure it's not enough.

My problem is the fill doctor he is so dry with me since I have not been successful and that makes me uncomfortable to even go there but yet I need to get to that point of having restriction. Tomorrow is one week earlier from when he scheduled it. I think he will be mad becasue I am back we will see hell I am almost wanting to cancel but know I can't. It's to the point of being scared to face him that is so sad!!!! Thanks for listening.

Don't be scared, If you are doing everything right he has no reason to be mad at you. I would get him to check for a leak. If all eles fails try to find another fill doctor that you feel comfortable with. Let me know how it goes...

You are hiring the doctor to do a job for you. So far he has not done enough to help you. You are the one who should be upset with him, not the other way around. Never let a doctor intimidate you. They sometimes think they are gods, but they are just people with a certain skill set.

I am not going to sit here and lie to any of you, I am sure I have not been perfect like some of the bandsters on here are I have slipped and ate some things that I should have not! But to me I have cut back like soooooooooooo much and I am sure it's not enough but I feel that if I had some restriction I would not be able to think about cheating!!!

I just want to know where the secret switch is that many have already found to be that obedient to go from eating alot to disaplining yourselves to a "T"!!!! I can't without help some of you people can do and I fall in the catagory well I can't. And I had this idea of the band helping more than it is now. I know we are all different and so are our bodies so I try not to compare...if you could just be in the room with me you could feel the disappointment that he makes me feel, even the friend that has lost 191lbs went with me last time and she walked out of there calling him a horrible name even she seen it. I kind of want to ask to talk to my surgeon but I am scared to go aganist the fill doctor I don't know I am all emtional I guess feeling real down knowing I feel like a complete faliure right now damn!

Well, I am sorry you are having this bad experience, but there is hope...many of us that are successfull, have been through all of what you are talking about...so it's just steps until you can get to the place you need to be....you are not a failure. I had 4 fills before I found my "sweet spot" it might take one or two more times. I understand what you are saying about this Doctor, but when you go in there, remember this is about you and the help you need...not the Doctor that has an attitude. You go in there, hold your head up high, and realize this is just another step towards being more successful in your journey. You wouldn't have already lost 29 lbs if you were a failure. Keep on trudging this road to happy destiny...you can make it!

Oops I need to change that 29lbs I was counting all the pre-weight and the weight I lost during the first week that has all been gained back. I really need to update that. I am trying to get a different mind set to face him tomorrow I even woke up this morning thinking I can't eat all day I have to lose at least one pound before tomorrow this I cna't be doing on a daily basis and I know this, maybe becasue it's a man you think the lady that used to be there is gone and now it's a man that weighs prolly 160lbs and I bet never had to even deal with weight issues. Ugh! thanks everyone!

I feel as if i am having somewhat of the same problem! I have had three fills, now i have 6 ccs in my band and i feel little restriction. Last time the doc said i would definently be able to tell but not really!! Whats wrong with me!! i mean was this all for nothing? What to do What to do?? I had my surgery June 12th and since surgery i have lost nothing all my weight was preop!!

And I was banded on the 26th of June. I am so frustrated...yes we are int he same boat let's paddle together and figure this out!!! LOL!!

Hey it's Melolo from KCMO,

I have the Realize Band as well. I'm frustrated as hell too :regular_smile:... Not to the point that I want to give up. Hell no... But to the point I want to give my nurse a knuckle sandwich. ;) I have 4.5cc in my band. My second fill was last Thursday. I took my mother in with me so she could witness me telling him that I don't feel any restriction when he fills me and makes me swallow the Water. Also to witness him saying how many ccs I have in my band. So when I get to the point that I'm not going to take it anymore I have just cause to comfront him.:w00t: But please don't be scared to voice your concern because they were paid for this service and you as a patient should be happy or at least satisfied. I told the patient liason for the clinic where I had my surgery done how I felt and the fact that I thought I was pissing the nurse off (which I don't care) and she told me it didn't matter if he gets mad. It's all about me and my progress. She told me to keep speaking up for myself... That's what I'm telling you. KEEP SPEAKING UP FOR YOURSELF. Your doctor will get over it...so will my nurse. :)

Edited by Melolo

I just want to know where the secret switch is that many have already found to be that obedient to go from eating alot to disaplining yourselves to a "T!

it gets a lot easier to control what you eat - but you have to have restriction first. that's your doctors role; your's is to be compliant w/the guidelines given. no joke it took 8 fills before i got to my sweet spot (if there is such a thing..LOL), and yeah everyone has days where they mess up the diet - but so do normal weight persons. they indulge in sweets & treats - but it's limited, that's how i view the band....i want to enjoy all foods, but in moderation.

i would be honest w/your dr that you are struggling with willpower and dieting & need another fill. you shouldn't feel scared, it's your band & you should have a voice in it's operation:wink:

In my case my first fill could not have come soon enough as I felt I had no restriction and was scared that I was going to gain weight back. I talked with my surgeon and some of the restriction problems I was causing. I kept having some liquids with my meals and washing away the food past the band and therefore not ever feeling full. I would have Soup or small sips of Water thinking no big deal and it was. As for your Doc you need to just ask if someone else can do your next fill because you are feeling uncomfortable, if no one else can at least you said it and they will know you are unhappy.

Hi Slenerella and Ebeth, I was banded on June 23rd and I have only lost 6 lbs. I am okay with this because I realize it is a process. I am so angry that you doctor makes you feel bad instead of listening to you and really helping you. I agree that he is working for you. I think you should first of all "out" him by name so no one else has to use him. I don't know how you feel about this but I think I might file a complaint with the American Medical Association. The fill center that is advertized here might give you an alternative to this creep. I like this site because it allows people to be honest about doctors, hospitals and fill doctors and nurses. I hope you tell this guys name and what city he is in. I told my fill nurse that her name and the doctors name were on the internet and she suddenly became very interested in helping me with getting my fills right. I think they need to know that there is a check and balance to their conduct and that their business if not their license could be affected. Please let us know what happens.

Yea I am learning and yes I know Soups are not band freindly so I have not touched the several cans of Soup I had bought. I am trying to learn to eat Protein I do good with the stir fry chicken and zuccini and veggies I like it alot and feel content afterwards but I need other flavors or recipies for chicken!!!

He is the only one doing fills and that is the downfall...

Yea I am learning and yes I know Soups are not band freindly so I have not touched the several cans of Soup I had bought. I am trying to learn to eat Protein I do good with the stir fry chicken and zuccini and veggies I like it alot and feel content afterwards but I need other flavors or recipies for chicken!!!

He is the only one doing fills and that is the downfall...

Try doing what I did if you have someone that can go with you... try asking them to go to your next appt with you. Bring a note pad with you and document your visit. If you're from KCK. I do believe there are others that can perform fills. Like I said I'm from KCMO. Which you know is the twin city of KCK. I do believe there are doctors in both KS and MO that do fills. :)

My friend did go with me last visit she walked out of there very angry about how he was such a dry person and other things she said but can't really post it. I would go somewhere else HOWEVER I paid cash and my fills are free (if you will) for a year so I need to swing it unitl I have to pay fo rmy fills and I will prolly try and get into another surgeon if I can for the remainder of my process. But the one she went to and lost the 191lbs they were very agressive and well look at the results 191lbs lost!!!!!!!! But wanna know how much thier fills are $390.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget that for 1cc of liquid no way.. I have to swing it for now.