Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone have any regretes or overall happy

Hi all, im new to this and i havent got my surgery done yet. i still got 5 pounds to loose. Im not having second thoughts cause i really want to get the weight off but i do want to know what to expect and who is overall happy or what are your regretes.

Edited by keishonda

truthfully alot of people think getting banded that the weight just start falling off i dont think this is the case its alot harder then that. you really have to change your lifestyle as in excerise and eating habits. it will be a hard journey but at the same time it will be satisfying because when you start to do all the right things the weight will come off and you will feel so much better about yourself you wont know what to do. but dont get discourage about the weight not falling off so fast just take it nice and slow and it will come

Hi!

I was banded July 2 of this year and I absolutely don't have any regrets. I've lost just about 50 pounds in 3 1/2 months...there's no way I could have done that on my own without the help of my band. But you do have to really make up your mind to eat the right things and try to get in some exercise. You will still be able to eat "fattening" things with the band, it won't stop you from doing that but you have to be conscious to eat healthy. It will give you the "gift" of not being hungry all the time and not being able to eat as much as you used to.

Lisa :biggrin:

well ive got a work out routine and i am on a strict diet so i am pretty sure i will do well. i just want to hurry up and get it started.

When I decided to have my surgery I was READY!!! When I was laying down onto the operating table I started think OMG what am I doing?!?! If I said stop now would they? OMG OMG OMG...what have I done....is this all just a mistake? The next thing I remember I was struggling to wake up...once I had healed I was so thankful that I had gone through with it!!! It's worth it!!!

I've had my band for 3 and a half years. NO REGRETS still. None. It has been the best decision I have ever made. My situation is extremely different then yours though. You only have 5 pounds to lose?? Did I read that wrong? I was about 80 pounds overweight when I got the band.

Please don't think that the band will not drastically change your life. You will never eat out the same again or have some of your fav foods again. Make sure that's worth it for 5 lbs. Or maybe I read it wrong.

Annnnnyways, I love my band. Go lap-band!!

I've had my band for 3 and a half years. NO REGRETS still. None. It has been the best decision I have ever made. My situation is extremely different then yours though. You only have 5 pounds to lose?? Did I read that wrong? I was about 80 pounds overweight when I got the band.

Please don't think that the band will not drastically change your life. You will never eat out the same again or have some of your fav foods again. Make sure that's worth it for 5 lbs. Or maybe I read it wrong.

Annnnnyways, I love my band. Go lap-band!!

LOL....I think what she was saying is that she has 5 more pounds to lose before she can have the surgery...not 5 pounds overall to lose...

Hi all, im new to this and i havent got my surgery done yet. i still got 5 pounds to loose. Im not having second thoughts cause i really want to get the weight off but i do want to know what to expect and who is overall happy or what are your regretes.

i love love love love love my band. omg i love it. really.. ive lost more weight than i have in my entire lifetime in one month. its all about the mindset tho. it really has to be there.. im so grateful my grandparents gave me this oppurtunity. they covered my surgery and any future expenses in full. ugh i tear up thinking about it because its just such a lifechanger for me. i love them so dearly. does this mean i dont miss eating cheeseburgers alot? no i still miss then but i dont miss it more than i miss being healthy. and that is whats it all about for me. to become more healthy to see my kids grow up and have a long life with my husband and family. sure we dont know what will happen in the future but this will eliminate one risk factor for that not happening. and a big risk it was. ok so anyway sorry to ramble but i dont have any regrets. i love my band so much... :regular_smile:

Ok,, my two cents worth. The only regret that I have is that I would have done it sooner. I looked into it 5 or 6 years ago when it was new to my area. There was alot of shit that you had to do before you could even see a Dr. The other regret is that I did not understand that you would be hungry until you got RESTRICTION, and that restriction could take MONTHS. Each and every person is different, for me it took about 3 months.

That being said..... to be able to lose weight with out being hungry is mind boggleing. Like the others have said, it is mind set. YOU HAVE TO BE READY TO MAKE CHANGES. Now that I have lost, it does not matter to me that I cant eat or drink certain things. The changes are SOOOOOOOOO worth it. Everyone is different on what they can and cant eat and drink anymore. I chose not to drink soda anymore. It is just not worth the feeling of being overfull and belching. I CHOSE not to eat alot of Pasta and rice, not a big bread person so that does not matter. Have tried toast and it was not good.

It is an awsome journey... ARE YOU READY?

LOIS:smile2:

I am a month post op tomorrow. I love my band. My only regret was not getting it sooner.

teri

Regrets? Not only, no, but HELL NO. I got my life back. I feel good for the first time in years. I got my marriage back. I'm reducing my meds. My knees don't hurt. I look like "me" again. I'm active. I have friends. I have a whole new lease on life. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

This might be something you would want to ask on the revision board.

If I had it all to do over again no, I would not get a band. I would have gotten a sleeve the first time around.

Probably not the answer you are looking for but it's the truth.