Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm eating everything, HELP, lol

I haven't even been approved, I just started with my appointments and I have an eating attitude!! I can't quit eating and I'm make such bad choices, I keep thinking to myself that I can eat this now since I will be losing weight soon.

What a bad thought, I'm going to gain and then not get approved, I don't want to gain anymore but I keep telling myself while I'm making bad choices that it is OK, then once I have ate it, I know I'm wrong.

Halloween mini's are in my office and I looked down in my trash can and seen I had so many wrappers that I hid them at the bottom since I was embarassed and didn't want my co workers to see them.

Did anyone go through this and how do I stop, or should I been enjoying it, lol. I guess I should get approved first!!!

HELP, I'm out of control!!:w00t::thumbup::crying:

Seriously you need to take some deep breaths and chill out! :crying:

Who said you won't ever be able to eat again? My surgeon told us we'd be able to eat essentially anything we ever did, but be satisfied with a MUCH smaller portion. So you'll have one mini instead of 10 or 100 or whatever. While you are losing, of course, and even afterward to a point you'll want to make healthy choices (protein, then veggies, then fruit, then grains) but an occasional halloween candy or christmas cookie won't sink your ship. You need to put it in perspective. You're thinking "punishment" and "diet". That's not what the band is about.

I have been in this pattern for months now. It sucks! I gained weight between my first and second surgeon appointments! Ack!

I ate half of a bag of Peanut Butter M&M's today. They are sooooooo good and fresh b/c they're for Halloweenie. Moo.

Unfortunately I just answered to say "I feel ya" and not to give you suggestions on what to do. Sorry!

First, I did not mean to post this on the post, this should have been on the pre, sorry:blushing:

My problem is not that I'm worried that I can't eat later, I have an attitude now that to heck with it, I can eat what I want since I will lose it once I'm banded. I am giving myself an excuse to eat what I want now and I know I have to stop. I may not get banded until April and if I keep eating this way I am going regret it. I need to quit letting my bad thoughts win over me and start trying to get healthy now.

Just wait until you go to an appointment and see that you gained weigh it will stop you in your tracks.. well hopefully... I did not intentionally tell myself i could it it would be ok, but some how I managed to gain 6 lbs between my second and third appointment. I was so upset I had gained weight that in the 3 weeks between my 3rd and 4th appt I lost 14 lbs. and that felt awesome.. and now i have lost about 14 since surgery.. it is GREAT :crying:

If you eat wrong foods with the band, you wouldnt lose then either. Some get fills so tight they cant eat, but other than that, you will still be able to eat. I can eat anything I want even after two fills. subway subs, pizza, anything, and they told me I probably wouldnt be able to eat.

I do sympathize. Every time before I go to a fill and Im eating a sub or something like that Im telling my family, well I might not be able to eat this after the fill, so this might be my last sub with the family.

A calorie in is still a calorie out with the band.

First, I did not mean to post this on the post, this should have been on the pre, sorry:blushing:

My problem is not that I'm worried that I can't eat later, I have an attitude now that to heck with it, I can eat what I want since I will lose it once I'm banded. I am giving myself an excuse to eat what I want now and I know I have to stop. I may not get banded until April and if I keep eating this way I am going regret it. I need to quit letting my bad thoughts win over me and start trying to get healthy now.

You said it yourself, Mrsace! Let those bad habits go!! Seriously, the more you practice good habits and good choices now, the more successful you will ultimately be when you do get banded. I know it's difficult to do.....but the important thing is to not give up. You can do this!!

I just keep telling myself every pound I put on now is pushing me further back from where I want to be after I get the band. I am extending how long it will take for me to get there. THAT tends to stop me in my tracks.

Think of it this way, every pound you gain now, is a pound you will have to lose later.:w00t: They don't come off as easy as they go on. Now is the time to slowly start making the changes that you are going to need to make for after the band. It will more difficult if you wait until after having the band to make the lifestyle changes that you need to be successful. Good luck on your lap band journey!:redface:

Edited by *slim*

Mrsace13 i completely understand where you are right now because i'm there myself. i was doing good while seeing the nutrionist, she had me on a pre-lapband diet to get me use to chewing and trying different Protein shakes. i was doing food and exercise journals everyday for her, even after they said i was approved i was still doing good. mines just hit me this week and i find myself trying to get in things because i feel i won't be able to anymore. i pick up my pre-op diet this Friday which is also my Birthday:blink:. so now i feel like i have a deadline to meet, but don't want to go back heavier than i was in the consultation. my surgery is in about 2weeks and i know that the more i put on now is going to be the more i'll have to get off later. for me i try to spend most of my free time in the gym and not think about it but i do know what you mean by those funsize candies in the office. i have a real fear of having excess skin as i lose weight, afraid it wont bounce back. and of course the tv show Biggest Loser is no help because they all look firm :wub:! it's extremely hard and takes allot of will power.:wub:

Dr. Ernest Rehnke

Palm Of Pasadena

St.Petersburg, Fl.

i pick up my pre-op diet this Friday which is also my Birthday:blink:. so now i feel like i have a deadline to meet

the tv show Biggest Loser is no help because they all look firm :wub:! it's extremely hard and takes allot of will power.:)

I was nutrisystem with a young gal who tried out for the Biggest Loser who wanted it so bad, had a great personality, early 20s, but she weighed too much. They told her to shed 100 lbs or so and maybe she could try out again. They only pick women in the 200s usually who dont have so much to lose and the losses will show more as they lose.

Dont feel bad about picking up your diet on your birthday. (Happy Birthday :wub: ). I had my fill the day before my birthday and realized I would be back on mushys the day after my fill, so I couldnt eat what I wanted for my bithday this year. I just had my birthday Sept 28th, so Im also a Libra. hi, fellow Libra.

Plain - you are such a stalker! :wub:

I prefer to think of it as sharing my incredible wisdom with the newer members! Oh.....who are we kidding?

I prefer to think of it as sharing my incredible wisdom with the newer members! Oh.....who are we kidding?

Ha!!! Better you than the worker stalker! :wub:

BTW - you have lost 12 pounds since I've known you! Good job!!