Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so tired all the time, whats wrong???

:w00t: It's been 3 wks and I'm still so darn tired, I mean this is so strange, I'm starting to get worried about this, and sometimes I get a burning feeling in my stomach too. I just want to move forward, what the heck is wrong with me:frown::):frown::redface: Hugs Bobbie

:w00t: It's been 3 wks and I'm still so darn tired, I mean this is so strange, I'm starting to get worried about this, and sometimes I get a burning feeling in my stomach too. I just want to move forward, what the heck is wrong with me:frown::):frown::redface: Hugs Bobbie

I am almost 4 weeks out and I feel the same way. I am going to see my PCP tomorrow morning and I'm sure she will do some labs. I will let you know if I find anything out.

Funny, I just posted this on another forum...

Check this out,

San Antonio Bariatric Surgery - New Dimensions Weight Loss Surgery - Side Effects

Hibernation Syndrome

Two or three weeks after Gastric Bypass or Adjustable Gastric Band, the patient’s body "figures out" that it is not going to be receiving its accustomed calories for a long time. In about half of our patients this results in what we call the hibernation syndrome, where one’s body falls back on its built-in evolutionary response to a low food supply. The person just wants to rest and be as still as possible until the food returns. Energy level drops through the floor, and the patient can become emotionally labile (tearful or irritable). There can also be a component of depression caused by the loss of the previous relationship with food. This syndrome can be unnerving for patients because it comes at a time when they are just beginning to get over the pain and other effects of surgery. They believe they should be feeling better but they just want to curl up and go to sleep. The good news is that this is not a dangerous or unusual thing, and will resolve in about two weeks when the body figures out how to use fat as its main energy source.

<H3>

</H3>

I'm 5 1/2 weeks out and I STILL get tired really easy. You JUST had major surgery. There's been a lot of trauma to the body, your intake of calories is REALLY low and you're healing. Everything on the outside looks and feels normal but the insides are still healing. We can't see the insides so we think we should be up and going all day like normal!

Last Friday we went woodcutting in the forest (normal process for us), all I did was ride in the truck, walk up and down the dirt road watching 2yr old DD play in the dirt and DH to make sure he didn't cut something important off with the chainsaw and I was EXHAUSTED! I didn't hump wood to the truck like normal. I didn't load or stack wood in the truck, like normal. I did NOTHING and I was done for! Drove me nuts! We're going out again tomorrow. I still can't hump wood because I'm still on my 10lb lifting restriction (unless we get some smaller pieces of wood!) but I'm hoping that a day in the truck doesn't wipe me out again. I feel better than I did last week, so I'm hoping.

It takes time. Give yourselves a break and take it easy if you can. Rest when you can and heal.

Best wishes!!

only suggestion i can say is in the morning try to get up and do some light excerise i use to be tired and weak all the time even before the banding and now since i have been excerising i have been feeling good throughout the day and i actually wake up early in the morning and trust me i dont usually wake up before 10 and here i am i can get up at 7 in the morning or earlier to start my day.

I am 6 weeks out, and I really only felt so tired the first 3 weeks, after my body figured out how to use fat for energy I have been bouncing off the walls for a few weeks now. I have more energy when I am buring fat. I know that this is what is occuring because when I was on the Atkins diet the same energy was there once my body was in ketosis. I am sometime eating 500-700 calories a day and feel like running a marathon after work a 12 hour night shift in a busy ICU. So it will come, someone posted earlier about the "hibernation phase" our bodies go into, I did experience this also, I was at a weight loss stall for about 2 weeks, and felt like I did all this for 20 lbs and to feel like this, but it does get better. Keep pushing the end result is so sweet

Veronica

:) Thank you all, all your information is so helpful, I thought I was losing my mind, which is something that happens once in a while LOL:laugh:. I'm looking forward to my new life, but I sometimes wish I did this at 24 instead of at 54, I'm a happy person and I love to do my art, but lately I don't want to do anything, and on top of that my husband gets on my last nerve, now that's sad.

I guess I'll be fine, I do feel better everyday, it's just that I can't do what I want when I want, not until this body feels good again. So thanks for listening to me and helping understand whats going on, this helps a lot. Hugs Bobbie:wub:

I was tired for a long time also.

I would get out of breathe so much more because of a hernia repair I had done.

The other thing is, it's early stages but If your not getting enough Protein, you will be tired.

You must get enough Protein.< /p>

Dixie, You might have hit the answer, I drink about two Protein Shakes a day, and eat small meals, but I'm not hungry, I think I may need to eat better, I think that's the problems. I just don't feel like eating lately, and everything I eat or drink has no taste to me, wow if it's not one thing its another with me, Hugs Bobbie