Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what a difference each day makes....

OK, 8 days out. I am finding each day brings something new. I can tell an overall improvement with each day but I seem to get a new ache or pain as each day as well. the hunger pains set in today...big time. It feels like I am completely hollow. I guess I have never been truly empty bellied, hungry before...LOL. This is a whole new feeling for me.

I am so soar in every muscle between my neck and hips still, front and back.

I can't find a comfortable position to sleep in and I wake up with my back hurting as bad as my front. I can't believe how slowly I seem to be recovering. It is getting rediculious now!

I am still white as a ghost. I have no color at all in my face. People keep asking if I am going to pass out. Not a big ego boost when my best compliment of the day is that I look like I am dead....LOL. My temp. is still low (hasn't gone over 96.5) the nurse said some people have a bit of a shock to their body after surgury and this can happen and is OK. I am doing three protien shakes a day and some broth and Jello along with at least one baby prune juice a day but I feel weaker today than I have in the past 7 days. I have now lost 12 pounds in 8 days. I guess this rapid weight loss while I am sure most is Fluid, is the best part of these 8 days!!!!!

Just whining......I really thought this would be easier. tell me I will feel sooo much better soon.

Hi Nita!

I will have my band placed in me by Dr. Spivak as well....on June 28th...can you give me any advice, as to how you felt right after the procedure and stuff???

Thanks!

disclaimer:

I am a big wimp so don't let my experience or pain scare you!!!! I am sure you will do much better, LOL!!!!!

Let me just say that I really like Dr. Spivak and his staff. I wouldn't have chosen anyone else to do this. He is one of the best around!

Again, Don't take my experience as an example cause I still (8 days out) feel like I have been run over by a train! From everything I have read I am healing slower than most. So I am sure you will do much better!!!!

Immediatly after...... I was nausous & I have to say I was not thrilled with the staff at the surgury center. It is an in and out sort of place. As soon as I was awake, they had me get up, inspite of the vomiting, and get dressed and sit in what they called the step down area. They did the flouro which was neat because I got to see my band. I was given a bottle of Water and told when I drank it I would be discharged. There were several other patients in this step down area which was basically a room lined with recliners. Some were doing really well, some were nausous or hurting. I can't tell you how bad I just wanted to lay down and sleep and try to let some of the meds that were making me so queezy wear off, but didn't happen. I was given the choice to sit or walk, not to lay in a bed. It took me about an hour maybe two to finish that Water. I was still vomiting and hurting of course mostly from the vomiting. They did give me meds to help with the nausea but were really pushing for me to drink the water so I could go home and rest. They do not keep people overnight or anything at this facility. I wish my insurance would have covered a hospital, I think I may have been more comfortable if I had a bed to sleep off the meds longer, but they only covered out patient center so here it was. As I said, some people were doing much better though and I think the nausea is what really messed me up more so than the actual surgury. So if you do wake up and feel ok, this would be great that you get to go home really soon not mess with hospital stuff.

The first couple days were really rough and while I am still not what I would call recovered, I can feel improvement every day.

You might consider throwing in an extra protien drink if you think you can stand it. How's your Water intake? Your body is freaking out a little from the surgery, and probably a good deal from the total drop in calories! Maybe some more fruit juices? (real fruit juices, not that sugar loaded crap :)).

You WILL feel better. :D

Are you taking a MVI (multivitamin)? You sound like you could be a little anemic. I take one children's flintstones complete per day. You might try a Vitamin with a little extra Iron for a bit. I chose mine after reading up on them, and finding that they are better absorbed than many adult varieties. Others here may recommend different choices, use your own judgement to choose one you feel will work best for you. I do hope you'll feel better soon!

Guest lizzyd

Hi Neeta,

Have you had your Iron checked? Your symptoms: white as a sheet, not healing well, feeling weak, and low temp are classic signs of low Iron. I had low iron after both of my c-sections and felt like I was gonna die. Two weeks og iron supplements (they have liquid for kids) and I felt like a whole new person.

good luck,

LizzyD

I hadn't even thought about being anemic, but now that ya'll say that, I think I may be. My feet and hands are freezing. I can't get warm. I feel weak and like I am just not recovering well, white as a ghost, fuzzy headed (of course that could be from calorie loss as well), low body temp, duh....LOL. I think I will take some Iron as well as upping the protien drinks and see if that helps.

Nita, I was banded the same day as you, trust me it will get better, I still don't feel 100% yet by far. I'm still tired during the day and not sleeping that well at night because I can't get comfortable. My port is still quite sore. Give it some time and I'm sure we'll be fine.

Sara