Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Cross Fitters out there??

I was just curious if there are any other banders that do Cross Fit as their exercise regimen? I have been doing the cross fit training for about 11 weeks and feel like it is a really great workout. I work with a trainer and we have a group of us that workout together. It makes it a lot more fun and really makes you work hard!

Thanks!

Sheila

what is it?? I need to add something to my exercise routine to kick start my weight loss. I cycle and I walk, but I need to add some variety.

Would love to hear more about it.....

Traci

Wow Sheila! I'm impressed!

A few guys at work do the Cross Fit program and I've taken a look at it. That is some pretty rigorous exercise. I haven't attempted it, although I think it's probably a great program. Everything can be accomplished at home I believe. No gym required, right?

HP-check out the link...navigate around. There are videos and stuff. They design the workout, you don't have to try to figure out what's next. You just do the next day on the list. Pretty cool. Very police and military oriented. Welcome to CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness

~C

thats pretty cool....looks like a tough workout...wow!!!

Hi carol!!!!!

Hi Carol!

Thanks! I do feel really great doing the program. It is pretty vigorous but can be adjusted to just about anyone's fitness level. You can do it anywhere which is what i really love about it. We workout at the complex where I live. My trainer Anthony can take just about anything and turn it into a workout! We do use some equipment but it is all provided by the trainer so I didn't need to buy anything or bring anything to the workouts.

Thanks!

Sheila

Hi Sheila, Hi HP,

That is awesome! I may consider doing the Cross Fit at some point. Right now I am focusing on just exercising. Just getting to the gym and even getting to the point that exercise needs to be as much a part of my daily routine as brushing my teeth, you know?

I feel like I need to start somewhere and just doing it is part of that. Once I get in better shape with more stamina, I will start to incorporate more variety and more challenges.

I'm glad you like it. I've not heard from any girls on the program. Good to know it's doable!

~C

my wife and i both do cross fit. i am pre-surgery and was wondering if anyone on this forum does CF. I love it after 30 days, but have actually gained a couple of pounds since starting. Frustrating but supposedly I gained 14 lbs. of muscle. Very exhilarating workouts and the variety keeps boredom down.

I completed my first CrossFit workout yesterday. Thought I was going to die!!! I love tough workouts, but it kicked my butt thoroughly! I can't wait to gain the benefits of doing it regularly. I go to CF Sparta in Lutz, FL. Anyone else out there? If you live in the area let me know and we can cheer each other on and keep accountable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches