Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone tried Zumba?

Just came across a video for Zumba, and ordered some DVDs. Looks fun, just wondered if anyone else had tried it?

They offer it at my gym. It seems really popular, they've added a few more classes.

I am more of a running/cycling/weights person. It has way to much choreography for my liking, but those that enjoy "dancing" seem to love it.

They do classes at the Y we go to...so far none have fit my work schedule but they look like fun.

Had not even heard of it!! I just watched a clip of it on utube, amazing!!

Would love to try it but my confidence is very low right now :crying:

My weight holds me back from doing the things I love and then I eat even more to make me feel better about my passionless life!!!

I SOOOOO NEED THIS BAND!!!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I orderd some DVDs on Ebay. It looks like so much fun. I´ll probably stick at it, but I´ll keep moving!

Katie, I do understand some of those feelings. You will soon be feeling better. I see you are from the UK. I lived in London for a few years (my hubby is British). Is the NHS paying for your band, or are you doing it private pay?

globally yours

I am hoping to get my op done on the NHS, have an appointment tomorrow with my GP, so will see what she says. I do fit the criteria with BMI but don't suffer with diabetes or heart problems(YET!!!)so they may still refuse. I am going to ask to be tested for sleep apnea as I snore baldy and really struggle to wake up even after an 8 or 9 hour sleep, also get very tired in the day, this might just be down to being so heavy but still want it checked out anyhow and if I have got it my chances of getting the band are better.........we will see I suppose!

Your weight seems to be going down nicely, well done!!

I'd love to try zumba

GY...how much did the tapes cost?

I got mine on Ebay. 4 DVDs for $26.00. They arrived this evening. Haven´t had time to try them out. Should be a good laugh!

globally yours

I am hoping to get my op done on the NHS, have an appointment tomorrow with my GP, so will see what she says. I do fit the criteria with BMI but don't suffer with diabetes or heart problems(YET!!!)so they may still refuse. I am going to ask to be tested for sleep apnea as I snore baldy and really struggle to wake up even after an 8 or 9 hour sleep, also get very tired in the day, this might just be down to being so heavy but still want it checked out anyhow and if I have got it my chances of getting the band are better.........we will see I suppose!

Your weight seems to be going down nicely, well done!!

Hope all goes well with your appointment. Was wondering how the NHS viewed Lapband. When I lived in London, I had gallstones, had to wait 18 months for surgery. It was agony!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I´m losing, sometimes not as fast as I would like, but I didn´t get overweight overnight either. Keep us posted. I have a soft spot for England:smile:

I took a class at the gym. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it a lot. However, it was only a moderate workout, not high intensity. I work out a lot and this was great for "off days" when I am just getting aerobics in.

I love Zumba! I try to get in 4 classes in each week at the Y. I leave the classes dripping. I have never been high on exercise, but have always loved to dance. So, it's wonderful to be exercising and having fun at the same time.

I've been to a live Zumba class, and it was one of the most fun workouts ever. I have a dance background, and im into the whole 'jazzersize' and step workout thing, but it was fun.

Well, I got the DVD, and it is too advanced for me at this point. Hurts my knees, and ankles. BUT I have it for when I´m ready!

I am signed up to take a Zumba class starting 10/27/08 at my Y. I am just concerned that I am not physically fit enough for it...

I will find out soon enough.