Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Denton area?

Hi, I'm new (I'll post in Introductions) and live north of Denton. It's "near enough" to the Dallas area group, but it would be great if there were some bandsters in the Denton area. I am on the first baby step of the journey...haven't even had a consultation with the surgeon yet...but I am almost sure my insurance will cover it, and if it does, I'll get banded as soon as possible. So, anyone in the North Texas/Denton area? NEver hurts to ask, huh?

Hi there and hopefully you'll be one of the banded soon! I live in McKinney but travel to Lewisville a lot. Heck, Denton isn't but a ride down 380 for me so if you ever would like to get together, let me know. I'm pretty new at the band but I love it already! I had surgery on April 29 and have already lost 50.5 pounds! Just let me know if you need any thing. Becky

Greetings to both of you, Leatha g. and Becky! Looks like we've got the start of a little group here...Thank you for making me feel so welcome! I also have heard from Yellow Rose, who lives in the Ft. Worth area if I remember correctly...I take some paperwork to the surgeon tomorrow, so their office can talk to my insurance co. I also get to pick up a letter of med. necessity from my primary doctor (internist). So, it's another little baby step forward. Girls, anything I need to know? Ya'll have both done great with your weight loss! You're an inspiration...for the first time in a while, I believe it is really possible to make it to my goal weight. Before, I would work really hard and lose 30-40 lbs, then gain it back + 20. I am sure you know the story...cliche plot, not too exciting ending. But NOW...I'm hopeful, if a little nervous. Thanks again for the welcome...I'm so used to planning everything around food, what would we do if we got together? :) Cindy

Hey girl!

We are having a movie night tommorrow Saturday 6-25 at bubblestina...please come, you can talk with us and watch a movie!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy...I like Leatha's idea about sharing a plate! I never thought it would be possible to eat such a small amount of food and be absolutely full. I can order a child's plate when we go out to eat and still take some home for the next meal. Not only is that helping me lose the weight but saves money, too! I hope your insurance company doesn't give you a lot of problems. I heard back within a week from mine and I was on pins and needles just having to wait that long so I hope it goes fast for you. As far as being nervous about the surgery, I was a wreck and it was so much easier than I ever thought! I had my surgery at 11:30 and was back at my home by 3:30 that afternoon. I had surgery on a Friday and was back at work Tuesday afternoon. I would do it over again weekly if I had to to keep my band....it's that great to me! I just hope everything goes smoothly for you and you hear from your insurance soon! Becky

Hey, I saw the invite to Bubblestina's movie night, and it sounds like fun! Sadly, I will have to pass this up this time...I haven't gone into this on the boards, but my mom is in the hospital in Carrollton...has been in hospitals since Feb. 17. She just had a big setback from MRSA (a superbug) and is in really bad shape right now. So, while I truly need a break, I really can't right now. Thanks so much for the invite, Tammy!

Becky and Leatha : I can just our little party now...an appetizer plate, and four women! Maybe we could even share one mocha latte! LOL Thanks, Becky for the encouraging story of yours! I start wondering some when I read about some of the bad times people have had. I imagine it all depends on so many things...Good news is the surgeon's office contacted me today to say my insurance doesn't require too much to pre-certify me, just some letters of med. necessity, which I'm almost embarrassed to say I'll have 3, and needing to lose over 100 lbs, which I think I need to lose 135, if my target weight is 150. I'm 5'7" and 285 right now. They said my BMI was 45 (4 points higher than I had figured for myself!) It's crazy that I didn't really recognize for myself how bad off I was, isn't it?

You girls keep writing, or PM me...I don't use instant messaging (never learned). Thanks, Cindy

Hi, mystyblu! I know where Justin is! I started writing this reply before I really looked...who is your doctor, and when did you have your surgery? I guess we might have another person for the "split-the appetizer" get-together that we are threatening to have someday! Thanks for the post!

Hey mousecrazy,

I have not been banneded yet. I just started my 6 months of Dr supervised weight loss program (ins requirment) so I am looking to get banded in January. Dr Powell will be doing my surgery when I get to that point. I cant wait.

Hi, count me in - I am in Corinth, just south of Denton. My mom (from Coppell) and I were both banded this month by Dr. Powell at SCOR. My S-I-L lives in Princeton and she is working with her Insurance Co. also to find out if they cover it so she can get a surgery date. My surgery was last Thurday 6/23, I rested all weekend and really I feel pretty good today. My husband and I have our own A/C & HTG business in Coppell/Lewisville area and I went into the office today and worked all day (it helps when your husband is your boss) anyway I am little tired now and am having a real time with this liquad stage, especially tonight, I am hungry. How did you girls get through this?

Debi

Hi, Debi,

Corinth! My favorite (NOT!) place to be stuck in traffic on the way to Carrollton (where I work). I bet it's nice place to live, though...just not so great geting down I35. Wow! You're already up and around and working? That's just great! I want to get my band before school starts (Aug. 8) but I don't know if it will go that fast. I have already had 6 months of dr. supervised weight loss program, a year or so ago. Supposedly, all I need are letters of med. necessity, and then the waiting game. What liquid foods are you "eating? I bet it is hard, but you'll get through it. I'm so happy there are quite a few of us in this area...maybe we really will be able to meet! Good luck, Cindy