Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does being stuck feel like??

I was banded on Aug 18, and have been doing great. I started mushie foods and last night I started getting some pressure in my upper chest and also kinda ache. I skipped dinner because I just didn't feel very good, kinda like flu symptons. It don't really hurt just uncomfortable. I thought it might be gas because I feel like I need to burp but nothing. I can eat ok and drink ok nothing comes back up but the Water and food do go down slower. So I was just wondering did something get stuck??

s-weight.png

Sorry I can't answer. Why not call your surgeon? I was banded 8/29 and have no restriction whatsoever. Unfortunately, I can eat anything I've tried to so far! That pain may be gas but you would recognize that by now, I'd think. So best bet is to call your doctor.

I think that means something is stuck. I was banded in March but this last fill on Tuesday has made things go down just horrible and I have that same feeling in my chest. It kind of feels tight and I get a headache with it. Certainly makes me think twice about what I'm putting in my mouth because this is not fun AT ALL!

I had surgery on the 10th and my chest will hurt if I drink Water sometimes. I just take it as a sign to stop. Try again in 20-30 mins.

To me it feels like what I imagine a heart attack feels like - like a lot of pressure in my chest. It's a lot of pain. Everytime I swear I'll never eat again. But of course I'm looking for something else to eat after a few hours.

You might try drinking some pineapple juice, sometimes the acid in the juice will help dissolve whatever is stuck. To me, you'll know if something is stuck. I got stuck on a soft boiled egg, not paying attention to chewing, luckily since it was soft, some hot coffee helped wash it down but that was NOT fun. But I've heard others talk about keeping pineapple juice on hand. If that doesn't work, call your surgeon. Even being stuck doesn't feel like a heart attack, it's a pain in your chest, but like something being stuck and needs to come up or go down. If you are in that much pain, I'd skip the pineapple juice and go straight to the doctor.

With me getting stuck usually feels painful in the stomach area and I start sliming. It doesn't sound to me that you;re describing a stuck feeling but everyone's different.

It feels like you swallowed a cup of rice and its stuck like a clogged pipe and the only thing that will help is a plunger and draino.

Oh yeah, that unfamiliar feeling is called FULL.

I was banded on Aug 18, and have been doing great. I started mushie foods and last night I started getting some pressure in my upper chest and also kinda ache. I skipped dinner because I just didn't feel very good, kinda like flu symptons. It don't really hurt just uncomfortable. I thought it might be gas because I feel like I need to burp but nothing. I can eat ok and drink ok nothing comes back up but the Water and food do go down slower. So I was just wondering did something get stuck??

s-weight.png

Pain:cursing: with sliming and pb. I was stuck for 2 hours with pb and slimed. I try walking, changing postions and raising my arms nothing worked. I tried a hot long shower and that help to move things along. This was a wake up call to eat slowly and to take my time. I was sore for the next day and eat mushy foods only.

Well I have had the stuck feeling a few times, it varies by food. Somehow sweets NEVER get stuck, lol. meat will, bread will, the discomfort can just be pain like an internal pinch and also I get phantom pain on the right side sometimes. If I am not chewing well due to hunger or getting something I really enjoy too much in to fast I get a tight feeling in my throat, cough and up it comes. Now I know what a bulimic feels like, the discomfort is gone but you still feel full. Scary but true. So I make sure the Protein Drinks and Vitamins etc are taken and not lost, and work on making the chewing effort a better habit.

I have was banded on August 21, 2008, I have been stuck once. I was eating chicken and I guess it was too dry and I didn't chew it up well enough. Well soon after eating a few pieces I felt some mild discomfort, and I had the sliming going on, although I didn't PB, I felt like I was going to. I was able to stretch my arms above my head and it seemed to pass within a few minutes. I know to now put some type of gravy on my chicken, and chew it better. I was not filled at this point so I am assuming that it will be worse once I am filled

Veronica