Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Manatee's turn for plastics

Made it through. Trussed up like Houdini, but I can see that the extra roll seems to be gone. Pain isn't bad at all, been up and walking.

Only weird side effect is that all my fingers are numb. Went back to the doc to have it checked, he has no explanation. His advice is to hold out for a bit and see if it's better tomorrow.

Congrats! I wonder if the compression garment might be contributing to the numbness?

Some early post surgery pics

Keep in mind that there's quite a bit of swelling, and the final results won't be in for 6-8 weeks. Also, I'm wearing a compression garment right now. Still, it's a hell of an improvement.

At this point I have NO idea what the scarring is like, I get to see those tomorrow.

post-240658-13813137615261_thumb.jpg

post-240658-13813137615588_thumb.jpg

And more pics, without the compression garment

Beware, all sorts of bruises and scarring, not pretty at all.

The skin is very loose but will adhere back to the underlying layers later from what I understand. It feels very strange, I suspect there's some nerve damage under there, but that too will eventually heal.

On the bright side, the fingers are close to normal again.

post-240658-13813137616551_thumb.jpg

post-240658-13813137616851_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, Manatee! You look great. Sorry to hear your'e having band problems again.

Day 3 report.

Got the feeling back in my fingers, doing well there.

No more seeping, so the gauze is gone too.

I decided to get out of the house for a bit today. That was sort of a mistake, as I really didn't have the stamina I expected. Made it back home and took some more of the pain medicine. Feeling better does NOT mean you are indeed better!

Got some pics in regular clothes. That's a large shirt and a pair of 34" jeans, both are very large on me. Good thing for now, but I think I'm going to end up needing custom tailored shirts if I bulk up any. Look how huge that back billow is, and that's just cloth -- nothing under it.

post-240658-13813137624434_thumb.jpg

post-240658-13813137624951_thumb.jpg

And more pics, without the compression garment

Beware, all sorts of bruises and scarring, not pretty at all.

The skin is very loose but will adhere back to the underlying layers later from what I understand. It feels very strange, I suspect there's some nerve damage under there, but that too will eventually heal.

On the bright side, the fingers are close to normal again.

Manatee

YOU look GREAT! There really is minimal bruising (or looks to be) As for as nerve damage, it does start to come back and believe me you will know when it starts to happen. I hurt like hell somedays for no reason. Just my body putting itself back together again! :girl_hug: Keep on getting healthy!

So, day 5

Mostly off the pain meds, I did end up taking some tonight after driving over some too-rough road in the pick-em-up.

The strange yellows and blacks and greens are fading back to purple. The long horizontal scar looks like it's going to clean up pretty well, time will tell.

Still wearing a full knees-to-shoulder compression garment, along with an abdominal wrap when at home. When I'm out I take the additional wrap off so that the clothes aren't tight to minimize the pressure on the incisions. I can walk upright just fine, albeit slowly.

Getting some really strange sensations on the skin surfaces, I suspect that will be the case for quite some time.

Thanks for the comments, they're appreciated.

Congratulations!!!! You look great and I'm glad to hear the side effects are diminishing. Looks like Lipo has turned out to be a great choice for you. I hope you continue to heal and feel well.

It was Lipo plus a small tuck. I had some loose skin, not a whole lot but enough that the doc wanted to trim some of it out to get the look he wanted.

Well, you look great and it's good that you're being so diligent with the compression garments. They make a big difference. Sounds like you're healing well and will be back to 100% before you know it! Isn't it amazing how life changing this procedure can be!?