Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled to have my first fill on the 15 of this month. I have only lost 12 pounds since my surgery on Aug. 18. I was wondering a few things. What happens while being filled, will this crazy hunger go away after I have my fill, and will the weight stop coming off faster after my first feel. Right now, I am only moving the scales every couple days and I so badly want to move it daily.

I'm afraid if you weigh every day you are setting yourself up for discouragement. I admit I did weigh every day the three weeks after my surgery, while I was still on liquids. But once I moved to real foods I started weighing once a week on Friday mornings. Your body weight is going to naturally fluctuate each day due to many factors, so weighing daily isn't really a good indicator of how you are doing.

Don't expect a drastic change with your first fill. From what everyone says, it can take several fills before you reach that "sweet spot" of restriction, where the food in your pouch takes 3-4 hours or more to pass through the stoma into the stomach. And it will do nothing for "head hunger". I've been fighting that this weekend. I know I'm not really hungry, but I find myself wanting to eat because I'm anxious about a few things. And I am NOT going to let myself start turning back to food for comfort. That's how I got here in the first place.

I'm having my first fill tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, and a little nervous too. I've not had any troubles with PBing at all, and I want to avoid that, but I know that with each fill comes the chance that something you've been eating with no problem could become a problem food. So I'm going to do liquids for at least a day or two afterwards, or whatever my doctor tells me to do. Then I'm going to be REALLY careful as I add back soft foods.

Keep the faith! You've only been banded for a short time. And stay off those scales!:)

Stacy~

I had my first fill this past Wed. I had 3cc put in and could definitely feel it right away. I did help with that hungry feeling in my tummy. I was on liquids for 1.5 days and moved to mushies and soft textures pretty easily.

I lost about 5 lbs while on liquids and it has since slowed down. I agree with MistyD65 about staying off the scales. I was checking almost daily and went to weekly when I started adding real textures back in. I have been slowly losing since that time.

Just remember every pound is a pound you will not have to lose again! Keep up the good work, you will start moving down the scales soon!

Hunger vs. "head hunger" how smart you are to recognize the difference. It it something I have been thinking about alot lately. It is nice to have words to put with those thoughts and feelings.

The first fill was so scary for me. I read on line that it was very painful and I am a complete baby so I was really nervous but my Dr. was really great and laughed at me about how I was acting. he used a numbing agent and I didn't feel a thing. I for sure lost more weight after the fill and there were big time changes in the way I could eat and amount and speed. That is when the really dieting happened. I think that it was great. As for the scales, I weigh twice a day still and I hear that it is bad but I paid a lot of money and have done a lot of work to get to this point and I can't help but obsess a little. I was banded on Feb 29, 2008 and have lost 90 pounds so far and I have had two fills. Sometimes it is really hard to know what to eat but your body will tell you quick and will reject what is not good. Stay strong!! I think that the fill will change things for you.

I had my first fill today, it was easy as pie- my Doctor put in 5cc's I was pretty amazed with that but he said most people tolerate it well- well I'm able to drink Water but no food for the next 3 days and than I can go on mushies adding food as I feel up to it- the fill took about 10 minutes of my time.

I went into the hospital, so it could be done under florurscope (SP) I laid on the bed with my knees bent up I had a pilliow in the small of my back he asked me to curl up like I was going to do a sit up he felt for hte band a small pinch from teh needle and bam I was done pretty darn cool. I worried about it for nothing.

I weight myself once a week on Mondays that was hard for me to do- because I never used to stand ont he scale out of fear it would throw me off if I gained a pound. once a week I can handle.

best of luck to you with the fill.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches