Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sadly, although the weight is coming off (slowly) and the exercise is helping the rest of my body, my arms are still endowed with batwings. However, as the journey isn't over yet, perhaps this too will change.

My arms <spit> Lawdy my arms <spit> being fat they were large but I am SHOCKED at the condition they are in, at this rate I may get surgery on my arms before my tummy! I knew things would not be pretty as I dropped the weight but Lawdy mercy!

** Boo Boo you look great!

Thanks! :thumbup:

Laurinda--and of course, we live in FL where you can wear sleeveless almost all year round! With my arms, I may move to Minnesota!

(of course, on a good windy day, I just spread my arms and aim for where I want to travel. Lift off! I am saving so much $$ on gas!)

(To my Jewish sisters, my own sister calls them Hadassah Arms!)

I guess I better join a gym now!! My arms have been my biggest concern through this entire process ( I have already started saving for plastic surgery!) It does make me feel better to know though that weight training will help with some of it. Good luck everyone!

i know i have a long way to go, but i'm concerned about arms as well i went to a support group meeting awhile back and two ladies there had lost 105 & 175 lbs both had the most amazing bodies one was size 6 the other an 8...but arms...gosh, it was like arms are the sign that you've had surgery

jbflorida

I hear ya! I HATE the cold weather but <looking at my arms> I am thinking snow wouldn't be such a bad thing lol <wink>

Hey all! I am getting banded in almost a month. I am a little nervous about wha tmy body will look like once the weight is gone. Primarily - I am worried about my arms! LOL! I know it seems trival with losing weight - but I would hate to lose this weight - FINALLY - and still have my arm jiggle. Has anyone noticed that their arms get smaller without needing plastic surgery? And if you have had plastic surgery - wpuld you recommend it?

I think everyone is going to have a different experience. I know mine will never look like Boo Boo's. Hers did not look bad even when she was heavy (heavier than I am now pre-op). My arms are going to look awful and the plastic surgery they do on them still leaves a long ugly mark. I guess we have to weigh all the options.

I think everyone is going to have a different experience. I know mine will never look like Boo Boo's. Hers did not look bad even when she was heavy (heavier than I am now pre-op). My arms are going to look awful and the plastic surgery they do on them still leaves a long ugly mark. I guess we have to weigh all the options.

AWWWW thanks! I beg to differ with you that they weren't bad before, but I appreciate it!

I think with the RIGHT PS it could get better but I think you have to be very careful, believe me with all of my PS problems I am the last one to advocate surgery! lol...

Good luck to you all!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches