Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Does It Not Work

A lot of people automatically dismiss having the band or other WLS as a "shortcut." Many times they really don't know anything about it but just oppose it because it's not natural. My doctor said he was opposed to any type of WLS, but shortly before I saw him to get referred for surgery he attended a seminar at Stanford University that presented lots of new research about the band and now he's all for it. Good luck to you on your surgery. I'm having my first consult with the surgeon on the same day, so who knows how long before I can have my band.

Do everything that your doctor, psychiatrist and nutritionist tell you to do. DO NOT MISS FILL APPOINTMENTS!!!! that is the most important. I had surgery april '07, have lost 65 pounds and still go see the doc every 6 weeks or so. Yes, it works, but it is only a tool. You must do the work, eat well balanced diet ( I follow Weight Watchers) and exercize.

I pretty much think it's all been covered, but I wanted to add that I felt the same way in the beginning because I am a slow loser. And now I've come to realize that's partly because I had too much restriction and made poor food choices.

Along with following the rules, you should learn to listen to your body. I didn't have acid reflux prior to being banded and have developed it since because of being too tight. Luckily, things are much better now with a slight unfill and pepcid complete. The scale is finally moving again.

It does work and I wouldn't give it back for anything in the world! Not even the $17,400 I paid to get it!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches