Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill and still hungery

I just had my 2nd fill about 1 week and 4 days ago. The 1st week went well as with the 1st fill. But now im starting to want to eat more... and im trying so hard to show self control but its getting harder. Im trying to eat 1 cup of food or less and i still feel some what hungery after but if i sit and rest before i try more food i usually can wait until next meal.

So far i have 2cc in my band and i have lost 76lbs total counting the 23lbs before band that i lost between march 2008 - may21 2008 when i got the band. The other 53lbs is after the band. Im also do for my one a month friend and have had 3 lbs creep back on . I work out everyday also.... so since im working out alot could that be why im more hungery? Or just i need another fill? And if its another fill... is it too soon to get another one? Any advice would be wonderful!!!

~~jessica

I just had my 2nd fill about 1 week and 4 days ago. The 1st week went well as with the 1st fill. But now im starting to want to eat more... and im trying so hard to show self control but its getting harder. Im trying to eat 1 cup of food or less and i still feel some what hungery after but if i sit and rest before i try more food i usually can wait until next meal.

So far i have 2cc in my band and i have lost 76lbs total counting the 23lbs before band that i lost between march 2008 - may21 2008 when i got the band. The other 53lbs is after the band. Im also do for my one a month friend and have had 3 lbs creep back on . I work out everyday also.... so since im working out alot could that be why im more hungery? Or just i need another fill? And if its another fill... is it too soon to get another one? Any advice would be wonderful!!!

~~jessica

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, but I got 4cc's in my band at my first fill, and I am still starving! I know it depends on how big your band is, but don't feel bad about 2cc. I've heard it gets better!

Best of luck to you!!

Hi Jessica,

Pre-band I was starving after a work out, you probably just need another adjustment. I have only had 3 fills and the third one has started to do the trick, I eat less, move more and am less hungry. You will get there, its a journey that is well worth the trip when you finally start to get some restriction. Good luck!

It depends on what your eating. My last fill took about four weeks to kick in. I know this is not the norm however it was like suddenly my port tube came unkinked and i was full. So i personally would wait and make sure im eating my solid protien first.