Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Milton Owens - Dr Milton Owens vs St Joseph's Hospital in Orange

Does anyone have any experience with either Dr Milton Owens in Southern California (San Diego, San Pedro, Torrance, Hawaiian Gardens, etc.) or the Bariatric group at St. Joseph's Hospital in Orange, California? I had a hard time finding a nutritionist and psychologist that Dr. Owens' staff is asking me to find, especially those that might be familiar with Lap Band surgery. So I searched hospitals that are covered by my insurance and found St. Joseph's. I sent them an email requesting information, but it was the end of the day and I haven't heard back yet (didn't expect to). Dr. Owens' office didn't give me any referrals for a nutritionist or psychologist, which I found odd, and they didn't tell me which form they would need to fill out to get me approved for the surgery. Is it a standard form? Or maybe I misunderstood Dr. Owens' office and I'll get the forms when they send me the patient information packet.

Anyway, I'm in South Los Angeles County, almost Orange County, and would probably see either Dr. Owens in Orange or someone unknown at the Bariatric program at St. Joseph's. One difference is that I believe St. Joseph's would be covered at 90% and Dr. Owens is covered at 70% by my insurance. But the money is not as important as the doctor-patient experience.

Many thanks for any thoughts you might have!

Deana

Im in santa barbara area and my psy eval was cake. I paid $150 cash and he was simple. 30 min and we were done. Ive heard many horror stories about different tests and expensive evaluations that these psy dr.s do that take hours and they all want their money up front. if you want the # of the guy who did mine im sure he wouldnt mind doing yours if you drove down here. let me know.

I got banded by Dr. Owens on 3/27/2009 smooth procedure very little pain. Dr Owens is a very nice man. From reading some of the horror stories on this site I was terrified. But it was so easy and went back to work 3 days after surgery.

Yes, Dr. Owens is a terrific surgeon and a very patient and knowledgeable person. You want someone like him on your side. I've had three fills and am extremely pleased with Dr. Owens and his experience. Now that I've been banded (10/20/08), I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks everyone!

how does someone get a Dr to privide this procedure, i called one of those numbers on the radio, i think top surgeons or the weightlooscenters number and they gave me a consult date but as the day is closer i did some research of that Dr and seemed to not have a goo rep so i canceled and now i am wondering instead of having someone 800 number do the leg work ot get this set up for me, can i do it or will i still need to call someone to refer me to Dr Milton.

My primary care physician (PCP) recommended Dr. Owens and gave me a referral. In fact, he said that in his experience, Dr. Owens had the best satisfaction rate among all his patients. Now that I'm almost 8 months out from the surgery, I'd have to agree! Have your PCP refer you to Dr. Owens, or call his office and see what they recommend.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches