Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nipple piercing

I have no peircings besides my ears not tatoos and I have thought about getting my nipples pierced...but considering I will have to have a boob job once this weight is down I should wait?

Uhm.. probably. I don't think it'd really matter, and I don't know why.. but maybe I'm thinking.. they make you take piercings out for surgery, and they remove your nipples when you have reduction.. if they remove it and put it back on, it might accidentally close up the holes, and your piercings will be lopsided or closed up and you have to do it again.

I'd just wait till the boob job heals.

i have had my nipples pierced for 6 years, come sept. 14th lol. (their bday). had them done as soon as i turned 18, because that is the legal age, for where i am.

i did a lot of research and i think it was that 4 or so of the 20+ milk ducts are damaged but you can still breast feed. your nipples will GROW after being pierced and they can take up to a year to fully heal. its better to get them pierced with the rings and thats why most do that for their procedure. the reason is that when you clean them, there is more bar for the nipple to roam, which lets in and out, more soap and takes out the Fluid that secretes from the new piercings. they hurt more, because the crust builds up between cleaning times and if it DOES move, you could drag the crust into the opening on the hole and that is where you have the chance for infection. they suggest to use warm Water to kinda soak the hard stuff off the ring before you clean and drag it through. the actual PIERCING just made me gasp..but one nipple was rejecting my ring, so it was like the worst headach in your life, in one tiny concentrated area. THAT HURT lol. but it was all worth it. i had taken one out, and then had it re-pierced because i didn't feel whole anymore.

so the nipple grows, becomes more sensitive, and you can still breast feed. i didn't like my boobs too much before, but having a new place for jewelry made them even more fun, and i collect nipple shields. :lovechoc:

i found out that the 1st nipple rings were dated to roman times when men would have rings that suspended their cloaks over their back, to show their masculinity. and even in victorain times, women would show their power and wealth by getting them pierced and having gold rings with gold chain connecting, which they would hang over the front of their dresses. (i would die to have those for my collection) lol.

i was really scared, pre-op but i had them out for a few hours and my bf put them back in for me afterwards. (he thought to himself that they were easier to put in when nipples are hard, so he sucked on them and freaked out because they tasted bad LOL, the pre-op shower with hibilens soap. haha, wow. poor guy.) but they were fine, so i may leave them out for an evening and enjoy a different sensation, and put them back in afterwards.

in short, DO IT lol. i did it because i wanted to do something daring, different...crazy...outrageous. and it WAS lol. on top of that, you get all the benefits when they are healed. i'd totally get them re-pierced. i miss the sensations and random tingles when they are fresh. they make you laugh out loud and blush and no one knows why. :P

K, can I just say that three days ago (before seeing this post) I was telling DH about wanting mine pierced too! Thinking about it, I decided that I will def need my boobies worked on - yes, being just alomst 70lbs down with alot still to go I can totally tell- so I will wait. I have to say FF, hearing that you have had them done for a few years and one still hurts has scared me though!!!:lovechoc:

I think it would be neat to have it done, but do your nipples stay hard and show all the time? Can you see the hoop or barbell through your clothes?

they only get hard when.. they are titillated lol.

some scents, some visions, thoughts, touches...etc.

annnd you can see the jewelry if your bra is thin and your clothes are tight. i have a padded bra LOL. so, no one can see.

Yeah when I first got them done, sans bra I went to the gas station on the way home.. Feeling the shirt move over them made me blush in there.. that's the only odd moment I remember.

As for my one that hurts, I just don't put one in there. Every 6 months I think, maybe it's ok now.. I put it in, after a few hours it is throbbing and I take it out and give up.

It could just be that one nipple won't accept it. The other one, never had any problem with it.

Even if you end up like me, where your body doesn't want them.. well.. then you know!

And during healing, I don't remember that one giving me any special problems, I think it is when I changed to barbells. That could also be why I have problems with it, since I don't do hoops.

No, you can't see them through the shirt.. maybe if you wore a big nipple shield or something. I think I see them through the shirt, but no one else can tell (I've asked some people I know, on days I think they are obvious, but they never have).

The actual piercing was not horrible, it's like any other piercings, it takes your breath away..and I yelled monkey. But by time I finished saying 'monkey' it was over.

Yeah when I first got them done, sans bra I went to the gas station on the way home.. Feeling the shirt move over them made me blush in there.. that's the only odd moment I remember.

As for my one that hurts, I just don't put one in there. Every 6 months I think, maybe it's ok now.. I put it in, after a few hours it is throbbing and I take it out and give up.

It could just be that one nipple won't accept it. The other one, never had any problem with it.

Even if you end up like me, where your body doesn't want them.. well.. then you know!

And during healing, I don't remember that one giving me any special problems, I think it is when I changed to barbells. That could also be why I have problems with it, since I don't do hoops.

No, you can't see them through the shirt.. maybe if you wore a big nipple shield or something. I think I see them through the shirt, but no one else can tell (I've asked some people I know, on days I think they are obvious, but they never have).

The actual piercing was not horrible, it's like any other piercings, it takes your breath away..and I yelled monkey. But by time I finished saying 'monkey' it was over.

the one may hurt because of the metal you are putting in it. some barbells will do that, even though they look the same. do you have surgical stainless steel? you should buy one barbell from a piercer, at a shop, because their stuff is guaranteed to be good, and put it in, as a last chance. last hope. some metals will react differently and mine hurts when i have a certain barbell in, so i just change it and its fine.

Actually after reading your post about hoops, I put the original hoop it was pierced with (after cleaning in peroxide) back in.

I've had it in since my last post, and so far.. no throbbing pain.. it's sore when I touch it, but that's to be expected. I always had throbbing pain by now. I also did a 15m sea salt soak.

I'm hoping if I leave the hoop in long enough it'll finally completely heal. Woohoo.

I was trying to figure out when I got them, it was when I lived in Atlanta, which was over 4 years ago!!!

I have my nipples pierced. Both of them. Have had them done 2 years. My nipples don't always stay erect though. They do flatten out at times. When that happens the jewerly indents into the breast around the nipple. I have rather large nipples aswell. When they pierced them they used hoops which was hell because if they got bumped or tugged a little by bra or whatever it hurt so bad. I changed them into barbells then they started healing a lot better. They are healed but sometimes randomly get crusty or have white puss...that's pretty normal though. Because as a girl bras and such can irritate them sometimes. Yes it was very painful and I bled a lot but it was very worth it. Once they're healed put barbells...trustttttt me.

I had mine done about 3 years ago. I kept them for a few months, then took them out. I liked them but decided i didn't want to keep hasselling with the healing process, plus i was prego and you know the whole sensitive boob thing from that. I find that one still sometimes drains white stuff, its interesting. But no big deal. I contemplate gettin them re-done, it wasn't that bad to have them done.

So here it is -I had them done on Friday and it was great. With having little to no sensation from my breast reduction when I was 19 I barely felt a thing! So far no pain or anything it's been great haha. Easiest piercing I have ever had. I went with the barbells.

I will not be able to breast feed anyways due to the extremeness of my breast reduction (nipples completely detached as opposed to being just relocated) so the whole breast feed issue wasn't even a thought in my mind.

Yay for nipple piercings!