Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

I too like hearing the stories the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am Thursday also getting nervous but reading these helps.

Three days out from Lapband surgery and I am still very sore. Have been on a liquid diet consisting of Soup, apple juice, milk, and Water. Its important to remain hydrated but when your stomach is so swollen its difficult to get too much water in. Have been suffering gas pains and copping it in the left shoulder. Luckily I was already aware that this would be the case or I would have thought I was having a heart attack. Yesterday I walked for about 30 minutes around Salamanca Markets in Hobart, Tasmania. Will try to do more today although I have to go into my classroom and supervise my husband in moving the furniture so that the cleaners can come in and do the floors over the school holidays. Best wishes for all up and coming September Banders, Your Day Will Come!!!

Wow, I still can't believe that I will be posting my surgery day experience on Friday. Did any one have an afternoon surgery time? mine is at noon on Thursday.

Hi Everybody,

Congratulations to everyone who had surgery this past week. I had my surgery on Thursday and I am doing fairly well. The surgery went great, according to my surgeon. My biggest complaint is the pain where the ports are--sore and burning. It also feels like I've done a million sit-ups.

I have been taking liquid oxycodone eevery four hours but it just makes me sleepy, it doesn't do anything for the pain. Anyone else experience this? My doc. told me to add 600 mg liquid motrin (even though I was originally told not to use Motrin or Advil), so I will try that today. Any body have other suggestions? Other than that, I'm tolerating liquids well, and even chicken broth tastes yummy at this point!

Thank you all!

Just three more days. What a hoot today was - I was part of a Family Funfest and had whipped cream pies thrown at me. And I could not lick :) my face once! Now that's sacrifice. Folk do not know yet I am having it done so they just laughed. One more memory. May we all do well. Blessings to y'all.

Congratulations to all... Thank you so much for posting your stories.... I hope everyone is feeling better soon... September Samurais ROCK!! :)

Hello samurai family! I was banded yesterday and the surgery went well. Ok here is the low down: I was told to be at the hospital at 8:30 and that I would go into surgery around 10:00. Well the surgery before me ran late. I didn't get rolled back to anestheia until 11:30. I was able to lie in bed and watch tv during the wait. I even took a nap. The nurses were all very nice to me and my husband. They even signed a card for me to take home. The first nurse in recovery had a band so that was cool. I did war from surgery in pain and was given liquid pain relief. I was ready to go around 5:00. My husband got my rx gilles at the hospital so that saved time. Gas is horrible! Nothing like I expected. It is just painful. I wish I could pass it from my bottom but its not that kind of gas. The gas x drips are not working! I might try childrens mylecon. Also, I could barely get anything down as far as liquids because the gas is so painful. I have been walking a lot andvuring the incentive breathing device that they gave me. I think I am beginning to feel hunger pains now but before I couldn't tell the difference between those pains and gas. I love my liquid loritab. And taking a hot shower was heaven. Thanks for letting me share. Good luck to all.

Hi Everyone,

I was banded on Monday the 8th, and I came home yesterday. I am in a little bit of pain and the gas pains were pretty bad. Overall I think I am doing ok. I am living on Water, diluted apple juice and I had a little bit of sugar free pudding. I am more afraid of eating because I don't want anything to get stuck or feel yucky afterward. I am truly not hungry though. I hope tomorrow more of the pain will subside. I will let you know...

Nicole

Hi all

I was banded yesterday and came home from the hospital today. They took me into the OR at about 9:30 and at about 10:30-10:45 the Doc was out talking to my Dad to tell him how I did.

I was pretty shocked yesterday that the only thing that was sore was the port incision. As the day passed I started to feel the gas pains that I heard so much about and was expecting.

Tonight I just feel tired (didnt get much sleep last night) and a littl sore in my port incision and gas pains. They will subside soon I'm sure.

One question though: Did any of you wake up the next day asking "what did i do:" ha ha ha. I had that feeling. I know that this was the right thing to do for me. I have spent so much time preparing as I'm sure you all have done as weel. I guess I just got a little scared.

As far as food today I know I haven't eaten enough. I'm truly not hungry. I will work on this for tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone. Good luck to all!

Well I guess I am one of the Sept. Gang! Went to my appointment today thinking I would be lucky to be banded maybe next month, to my surprise I being Banded Tuesday. Sooo not prepared!! Start liquid diet tommorrow.

Guess I better get ready!!:omg_smile:

Welcome September Samurai! Good Luck

Hi all

I was banded yesterday and came home from the hospital today. They took me into the OR at about 9:30 and at about 10:30-10:45 the Doc was out talking to my Dad to tell him how I did.

I was pretty shocked yesterday that the only thing that was sore was the port incision. As the day passed I started to feel the gas pains that I heard so much about and was expecting.

Tonight I just feel tired (didnt get much sleep last night) and a littl sore in my port incision and gas pains. They will subside soon I'm sure.

One question though: Did any of you wake up the next day asking "what did i do:" ha ha ha. I had that feeling. I know that this was the right thing to do for me. I have spent so much time preparing as I'm sure you all have done as weel. I guess I just got a little scared.

As far as food today I know I haven't eaten enough. I'm truly not hungry. I will work on this for tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone. Good luck to all!

Thanks so much for the update! I am so glad you are doing well. Remember to stay hydrated. Take Care Debbie

Hi again, well the big day is tommorrow :)... I am so glad although this clear liquid diet is kicking my butt right about now. Oh and I had to do a bowel prep earlier and that really sucked!:sad: Fleet Phosphorus Soda is about the nastiest stuff I have ever had the misfortune of drinking...I threw up the first dose that was supposedly lemon and ginger flavor and had to run out and buy another bottle. I hope I never have to take that again...Its so weird that tommorrow will be kind of a finality of sorts. This surgery is all I have been thinking about, researching, and talking about for a year now. Not that my journey is over by any means but at least the waiting is over. I have to be at the hospital at 5:15 so hopefully I wont be at the hospital all day. As soon as I feel good enough I will let you all know how it turned out. Say a little prayer for me!