Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glad you're feeling better!!! I'm waiting for approval...tis stressful.

Theresa, Its so good to see you back and doing better. I wish you tons of luck at work today. I've done a lot of playing with foods, cooking deifferant ways to find what makes things the most tender.......I worry about the dry meant, that tends to get stuck. Me and a crock pot have gotten real close, I made homemade chicken Soup the other day, even through in just a wee bit of rice at the end for hubby. I chichen melted in my mouth, not bragging but seeing how chicken isn't a fav of mine, I was impressed. Oh and of course freezer bags, my true best friend, I trim and cut everything into the right size portions before freezing. Saves a lot of money too. OK I better stop before its obvious its 3 in the morning. Good Luck today, don't let those junk food lovers get to you, remember, your the one thats going to be healthy and hot.

It was great to meet Elizabeth and Kar last night! They were both so nice and lots of fun to exercise with. We had alot of fun at Zumba! It was certainly a work out!!! I can't wait for next week!

Nascarfan- I'm so glad you're feeling better! Hopefully the worst is over! It was a good month or two before I was comfortable doing aerobics. My port site is what hurt the most. I wouldn't do any exercising other than walking until you meet with Kaplan to be released. And then just do what you can a little at a time. I am just now to the point where I'm comfortable doing crunches. My top left insertion site (above my stomach) is directly over my ribs and it is still sore and tender to the touch almost 4 months out. I think it has something to do with my ribs. Hopefully you will be able to join us soon!!!

Glad you're feeling better!!! I'm waiting for approval...tis stressful.

Good luck! Let me know when you hear something. Depending on how busy the insurance company is, it may take a few days. :redface:

It was supposed to be faxed to them yesterday. I called yesterday to see if they got the paperwork from the fax yet..they said if it was faxed it should be on file tomorrow so they told me to call tomorrow afternoon which is today now...I wanted to wait until around 2 to give them time...but I'm wanting to call now...but I don't want to call too early and hear it's not on file yet. :redface:

Edited by Froggi

Cool...I hope it went well. Where are you located?

I'm pondering calling now at almost 1 instead of 2...I am feeling anxious.

I'm upset. I just called insurance again and they had NOTHING from the doctor's office nothing...they said maybe it was sent to the wrong fax or something because they couldn't find anything and they looked and looked. I called Brenda and told her what they said and she said I dunno if they faxed it or not...she asked me what the fax number was that I had for it and asked me the phone number so she could work it out I guess. If they didn't send anything yesterday they better send it today. Lindsey told me they would fax it monday. It's nice to know I have to call and figure out all this shit and nothing is even going on it seems. Looks like I am waiting for approval from paperwork that has never been sent. I am really upset right now.

Froggi-I know how you feel. It took 3 weeks for my approval to go through because the wrong paperwork was faxed. :redface:

Turns out they hadn't faxed it yet. Jeannie called me and said why are you calling us now it's not time for approval we told you to wait until October 20th I said I know I was just calling because the insurance told me to cause they didnt have any paperwork. Jeannie called me about 15 minutes ago said they were faxing it then. So that's why it wasn't faxed yet. I'll call and pester insurance tomorrow.

I soo frustrated, upset,scared.. Right now. Last night about 8:30 I got stuck BAD. It took 4 hours before I felt comfortable enough to lay down, it took 30 mins before I could even speak. I emailed Jeannie today and she just called me and told me "You know, we need to talk about why you are having so much trouble with your band." I didnt know I was having a lot of trouble. I had the flu or something a week after my surgery and then this. The reflux has really picked up right now and that is all. Im not vomiting or anything like that, just reflux. I still feel like I have something stuck in my esophogas though. I told her it is probably just irritation but I have to have a Upper GI tomorrow. This makes my 3rd one since surgery. Kyla, when you get stuck,if you get stuck, where do you feel it? Mine feels high like in my throat when Im stuck. I dont want this band out, I dont want an unfill, I just dont know what to think right now. All I can think to do is cry. SURELY he wont do anything major just for reflux, would he? Ive had bad reflux for several years now to the point that at one time I had esophogialitis (spelling).. Another thing is, I cant afford to do anything more. I already owe about $1700 in all my bills, and that is kind of hard to pay seeing I am unemployeed. I just dont know what to do.. I just want to go curl up and cry..

Elizabeth- I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. :wub: I have had several episodes where I have been momentarily stuck, but it has passed within a couple of minutes. I always feel it in the back of my throat, high upper portion of the center of my chest. At first it feels like I'm choking and then it feels really tight for a short period before it passes. It happens if I take too big of a bite. I wonder what he'll do for you? Does your insurance cover the upper GI? I know what you mean about bills! Let me know what happens. I hope that you feel better soon.

Hi! I just moved from Mi to WV (beckley) anyone in the area?? Well I was banded june 24th 08..Ive had one fill so far but lost my ins and with moving havent gotten a fill again..however I have an appointment with Dr. ROssi in charleston next week...does anyone have Dr. Rossi and what do u think..I am nervous because my first fill was with my surgeon. I cant wait to get the fill tho cus I havent lost any weight recently and I can eat what I want...not good...so I have been maintaing the 30 I lost...anywho...let me know if anyone got any info! thanks!!

Wish me luck when I bug insurance tomorrow and hope they have paperwork in hand they told me to call again tomorrow afternoon since Jeannie said they were faxing it as we spoke at 2pm.