Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello, i was banded on 8/27 the location where my port is sore and it feels like something on the inside of the port location is pulling and / or stretching causing pain when i move in certain directions. Has anyone had this issue os is this a normal part of being banded.

Thank you

I was banded on August 21, my port site is still very bruised and swelled up a little. It is the biggest incision so I think that it is going ot take the longest to heal. I feel some pulling there but I think it is because of the swelling you are still healing, and that is what I would think

Veronica

Hello from Oregon.

I also had my surgery on the 27th. I notice that sometimes when I sit up, I feel pulling but since I can't figure out where the port it, I am not sure if it is the port. I have been quite sore and find that at this point it seems to be when I move in different directions or am lying down.

Take care,

Chris

Hello I was banded on the 14th and have never felt any kind of pulling, I would call my Dr if I were you.

I would call your doctor and let them know what is going on..how you are feeling..and what they suggest you do.....If it doesnt get better INSIST on being seen.....

As I sit here and type this my port is detached and I am awaiting a revision surgery if my insurance appeal goes through.....it was denied and is now in review...

I had lots of pulling feelings when moving certain ways...and a burning sensation as well.. VERY early on.....

wow, why would they deny a second surgery if the port is detatched? Is it considered a cosmetic surgery? Does the lapband system still work of the port is detatched? For those of you that have been banded already, how soon afterwards can you start playing sports like basketball or softball after the surgery?

I was banded on July 24 08 and every once in a while if I bend or lay on my stomach I can feel my port. Also sometimes if I'm walking I guess too hard ( jiggling?) it hurts my side. I can press againist my stomach and feel where I think my port is. I'll know for sure where it is this Wed. I get my first fill. I'm very excited. I pretty much have NO restriction right now.:thumbdown:

Hi! I was banded on the 26th and had the exact same thing as you. My doctor assured me it was a stitch used to hold the port pulling on a muscle. It's like when you put your hair in a ponytail, sometimes a stray hair is sitting at an awkward angle and it pulls and hurts, but eventuallu things settle down and find a place. He said it would get better on its own, and it has. So don't get too worried about port revisions and such (I was freaking myself out worrying). It sounds normal. Just take it easy and don't strain the area any more, and it will heal up soon.

For me, it's the port tugging on the stitches that hold it in place. The doc said it was no big deal and would stop pulling after a few weeks of healing. If it really bothers you more, call your doc. You pay him/her to take care of you and answer your questions!