Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sorry to bother you but I have another question .... how much can some of you eat after lap band without getting it tightened .... should I get my band tightened If I plateau but really cant eat much ???? and any one has GERD ... wont a lot of acid destroy my band

sounds like u need a fill i am in the same boat with the plateau and i am geting hungyier too yes you probely shoud get a fill

i know i need one cuse i can eat to much

Oh hey sweetie don't ever say you are wasting time. That's what we are all here for :] To me it sounds like you need a fill. You should be able to eat about 3-4 ounces. Take a one ounce shot glass and compare it while you are eating. If you are hungry before like 4 hours, than you need a fill. Are you drinking with your meals? My doctor told me to not drink anything a half an hour before and after eating. Try that if you haven't already and if you are still getting hungry, that call your doctor for a fill. Make sure you are eating solid food as well. The more liquidy the texture, the faster it will go down.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

parul,

I just read through the rest of your posts to get an idea of where you're coming from. If you can't eat more than 4 tsp of solid food, and eating solid foods hurt, then you absolutely shouldn't get a fill. In fact, you should talk to your surgeon about a possible unfill. You should be able to eat solid food, and also much more than a few spoonfuls. The band isn't meant to be forced starvation.

thanks shinyhappymommy ... you understood my problem ... i cant each much but i have platued ..... dont know what to do ..... my calorie intake is around 600 - 700

You need to be careful with that. I was getting sick too much beacuse I was too tight and my stomch became swollen shut. It is no joke.

Parul....you can also plateau because you are not eating enough. Your body thinks "Whoa! Times are pretty lean" and your metabolism slows, and so does your weight loss. I don't know what you weigh but if you are "obese" you need 1000-1200 cals a day. Try upping your caloric intake for a few days. If you need an unfill, get one!

And as for GERD...I don't know if it can damage your band but it definitely can damage your esophagus. Tell your doctor you have it...

there are pills that can treat it.

Good luck! Poor starving thing! :rolleyes:

I'm so glad I read these because i am really not eating nearly enough as I should be than. I need to lose 10 pounds in 5 weeks. I'll have to pay attention to that.