Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

center of excellence?? *just a rant* SORRY lol

i am going through st. joseph's hospital in orange county. the people are great...but you can never get a hold of them.

i've wasted all day trying to call 3 diff. people and i have spoken to one woman for one minute and she said to call her back. i've called 10+ x and the receptionist says "shes with a patient" "shes on the phone" "another patient just stepped in" "shes still on the other line" "can you call back in 10 minutes" , then i did...then "can you call back in another 10 minutes" .. then i did..then "can you call back in 20 minutes?" (which put the time at 4:57 pm...) so i did. and she said "she's with another patient...can i have her call you back?" ...........WOOW. lol.

so, the woman i am trying to reach..IS the receptionist of my surgeon. and she is ignoring me, right? i am a patient. i called before the patients who showed up mid day...afternoon, and then evening! lol.

* my insurance ends on my bday, which is surgery day.* so...i can't do it unless they can move it up, or confirm that "cobra" insurance will cover my bday DAY.

so i am freakingggggg out. lol. day 3 of liquid diet with lactose, being lactose intolerant. i have to return it and start a new system. but that means i have to get a hold of the receptionist...that i am scared of because she won't talk to me and tonight is my last meal without "opening" another box, that i need to return. (7 meals per box) :thumbup: .. $100 for the 4 boxes i need to return. and thats... a week and a half. i guess.

woman who said "don't hesitate to call if you ever have any questions" hasn't answered my calls.

the leader of the program hasn't returned my call. :mellow:

the dietitian hasn't returned any of my messages. :cool2:

is this normal?

is it always this hard, during a critical time, not to get a hold of an entire program? lol.

now i have to get ready for class and hope that the receptionist doesn't "grace" me with her call while i am in class.

Since you can't get them on the phone, if they are not too far from you, I would just drop by with the boxes in hand. I don't think they could ask you to call back then. Just a thought.

I'm not sure, but COBRA should cover anything previously approved, the premiums just cost more, because an employer doesn't pay any of it. Just make sure you pay the premium. Hand deliver it if necessary. You can't have them claiming they didn't receive the payment.

Rescheduling your surgery for earlier would be optimal. It is disgraceful that they aren't returning your calls. I am so sorry you are going through this.

Definitely double-check the COBRA coverage and GOOD LUCK!

I had my surgery there in Jan 08--my doc, dr. eric pham ALWAYS calls me back and his receptionist, debra, she is sooo sweet. She must really be busy, but yeah I would show up to exchange my boxes and tell them, if she doesnt call me back in 10 to make an appt I am going to show up~!

well I would ask the dr. to call me back and tell him your situation and ask him to get you in before you ins expires. I am happy that I did it although the weight loss journey has been harder than i expected, but I am still trying to eat right and move more and for sure I am eating less, whether I want to or not! good luck!

I cannot stress the importance of making sure the Cobra gets their payment on time. hand-deliver it, or, if you have to mail it, make sure you send it with delivery confirmation. My mother got a hysterectomy and her situation was a lot like yours and cobra tried to say they didn't get payment on time. Luckily, they had cashed the check by the date, so everything was cleared up, but COVER YOUR OWN BUTT. They will cover any pre-scheduled surgeries, but MAKE SURE your ducks are in a row.

thank you guys for the advice. the lady called me back at 6. lol. she said i am PENDING surgery for the 3rd, but its in the directors hands. i am supposed to go to pre-op planning class, but that's on the 4th. LOL. not too awsome. but maybe she can help me with that.

i will be sure to keep tabs on the COBRA payment. thank you guys very much, and i should know in the morning about my date. =/ yikes.

but thank you guys. <3

I too would just show up at their office with the boxes in hand.

I used the center of excellence in Eugene, Oregon and had the exact opposite experience. I can talk to anyone on the staff in just minutes. Very good service there.