Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long.....

Ok, I'm a little embarrassed to ask this question, but my husband really wants to know, and I know you all will give us honest answers. How long is normal for a guy to last during sex? My husband is almost 40 and he's worried that he doesn't last very long. (I have no complaints, however, because he always satisfies me in other ways). I would also love to hear from the guys on this one.

OK, my husband is 28, so that is an unfair comparison, but I have a friend who is married to a 43 year old (she's 26) and she has complained to me frequently about him not lasting for more than 4 or 5 minutes.

Depends on how long it has been, how desperate we both are, whether the kids are definately asleep etc etc. Anywhere between 5 mins and 45 mins.

If he tends to get a little over excited and he is capable of it, why not have a quicky, give him half an hour, and then go for round 2? I promise he will last longer second time round :biggrin:

Supposedly, the more frequently you have sex, the longer he'll last. I guess it's a practice makes perfect sort of effect.

My husband's in his early fifties and swears to me that regular sex will keep his prostate healthy. Not sure if that's medically true but I'm not arguing!

My husband's in his early fifties and swears to me that regular sex will keep his prostate healthy. Not sure if that's medically true but I'm not arguing!

That might actually be true-ish. There was a study done on prostate health and regular masturbation.

My wife always says the first 10 minutes are the best (for her), and if the orgasm doesn't happen within that time, it's probably not gonna happen. Of course, she's never been a marathon type o' gal.

Since I can't orgasm from penetration anyway, it's no big deal to me. I have to have other stimulation and my husband is WONDERFUL at it. But he was a little worried about it.

Since I can't orgasm from penetration anyway, it's no big deal to me. I have to have other stimulation and my husband is WONDERFUL at it. But he was a little worried about it.

Well there you go.....no complaints = no complaints, right?

my husband is 28 (i'm 33) and we only have sex like every other wk (we have a 2 1/2 and 1 year old). we are busy with kids mostly. when we do have sex it is after about 40 min of foreplay---so he only lasts about 5 minutes TOPS. it sucks. haha.

Yea, we don't have sex very often either, so that's probably why he can't last long. Who has the time or energy these days?!

36.25 seconds

As soon as I get mine it can't end soon enough. I am a selfish kind of girl.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Hey it's all about time management and effiency, right?

But DH gets frustrated at times and thinks I am just not into it. So not true. I am just dog tired and the less work I have to do the better. At times I would be perfectly happy to just lie there and say "Climb aboard sailor, just don't wake me up"

It all depends on what part your counting. lol.

we are currently experiencing some ED problems. Because he was in denial about his dibetes for a couple of years and neurapathy has taken it toll on him. But before that it varied. actual penitration??

Well most any of the guys I have been with in my life (Actually swung with my ex for few years) most never lasted very long unless there were problems.

excessive alcohol use can make some guys last forever but not orgasm. very frustrating. Some it gives temporary ED.

Heck once when me and the ex were dating we had one episode that went on for like 4 hours before he came. years later I find out he's really gay and trying to fake a so called *normal life* was why he had trouble orgasming.

5-10 minutes seems to be pretty normal for actual intercourse. Fore and after play however has varried allot! Currently my BF is wonderfull with the Other kinds of sex besides penitration and I get as much as I want which can be anything from 15 minutes up to 2 hours lol.

My .02 worth...

My DH is 46, I'm 45, and he's always been good for 2x per session. First go round, he concentrates on me so that he never worries if I am satisfied.:crying:

Occasionally if I'm not feeling frisky, I'll take care of him first, which gets me in the mood, and then we go again. Intercourse can be anywhere from 5 - 20 minutes, depending on position and speed, but if I'm giving him oral, it's a little shorter (depending on my technique).

I've noticed that the second time around, he can definately last longer...means we both have to keep up the aerobics so we can keep our endurance up!:wink2: