Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am concerned now because I have only had one fill that did nothing for me and I am going again on Sept. 5 and I have only lost 2lbs. and are so looking forward to getting a fill, I will be very disapointed if I don't get one.

Im with you. I have only had one stupid fill of 1.8 cc (pissed me off the fill doctor didnt believe me when I said I had a 10 cc band) and lied to me saying I would feel some restriction and I dont. If she needed to see in writing what size lapband I had, they should have told me to bring it. At least you can go back Sept 5, I cant go back until Sept 27. My fill doctor only does fills on every other saturday in 2 locations, and had a wedding and then I face a cruise (with no restriction, grrr) and the next sat at the office closer to me is sept 27th after I get back from my cruise.

My weight isnt dropping hardly, a little over 1 lb since I got my fill. And you know after a cruise Im going to gain. Im also walking a minimum of 3 miles a day, Iv upped the distance a few weeks back trying to move the scales, its not working. I havent dropped a size either, the waist band of my XL shorts seems just as tight now as it was before surgery. Im sure trying with no help from my lapband. Iv lost the easy lbs like most of the rest of you and now they are like glue.

I DONT THINK YOU HAVE ANY RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT MY DR HAVING TO LOOSE SIX POUNDS IN SIX WEEKS ISNT VERY HARD I JUST LOST 4 POUND S SINCE MY FILL YOU JUST DONT WANT TO WORK AT IT YOU WANT IT HANDED TO YOU ON A SILVER PLATTER JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FILL DOESNT MEAN YOU'LL HAVE RESTRICTION GETTING THE BAND IS NOT THE END ANSWER YOUR SUPPOSE TO ACTUALLY DO SOME OF THE WORK AND MY DR IS GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES IVE LOST 36 POUNDS SINCE MAY SO OBVISIOULY HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING:cursing:

I DONT THINK YOU HAVE ANY RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT MY DR HAVING TO LOOSE SIX POUNDS IN SIX WEEKS ISNT VERY HARD I JUST LOST 4 POUND S SINCE MY FILL YOU JUST DONT WANT TO WORK AT IT YOU WANT IT HANDED TO YOU ON A SILVER PLATTER JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A FILL DOESNT MEAN YOU'LL HAVE RESTRICTION GETTING THE BAND IS NOT THE END ANSWER YOUR SUPPOSE TO ACTUALLY DO SOME OF THE WORK AND MY DR IS GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES IVE LOST 36 POUNDS SINCE MAY SO OBVISIOULY HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING:cursing:

Are you yelling at me??? Two of us said we never heard of a doctor requiring a 6 lb loss. You are over reacting HUGE. Excuse me, dont say something and then yell in caps because someone replies to you when you said you are having trouble losing the 6 lbs.

If you are talking to me about not working on losing weight, you couldnt be more wrong. A bad day I eat a 35 calorie fudgesicle. I set my alarm for 7 am so I have time to walk a mile to two miles in the morning in the Texas heat. I did this thru the 18 days of over 100 degrees we had. Plus I walk another 1 - 2 miles at night. One day I missed, something rubbed and was bleeding, but Iv walked almost without exception for 2 months solid, since before my surgery. Most days Im at the 3 1/2 to 4 miles mark, Im insulin resistant and pushing 60, so it is harder for me to lose than most people. I dont eat any carbs except rarely and watch my sugar levels, dont over do tomatoes and other fruit.

You were the one posting you had trouble, and I was trying to encourage you to stick with it even if you were a slow loser like me. I do wish I had some resistance/help from my band, but for you to go off on me saying I expected something to be handed to me and I wasnt working at this, you could not possibly be more wrong. Im moving as much as I can without getting blisters and will keep upping the distance and did some inside gazelle in between my long walks. Oh yea, I am throwing in bits of jogging to get that heart rate and metabolism up.

No one yelled at you, we were just surprised at your doctor's requirement, so color me surprised and maybe frustrated I am not losing faster when I am working so darn hard at losing and my fill doctor didnt fill me enough, there was some miscommunication. Im doing my diet 120%, I dont have a inbetween speed. Believe me your comments are miss-placed. You know nothing about me or my efforts. I was trying to sympathize with your slow loss, Im there now too.

well then you should have worded it differenlty and not say my dr is in the wrong field because hes a great dr i didnt say i was a slow loser i said i was stuck on the same two pounds and then i lost four so maybe you should think before you post because it sure sounded like you were trashing my dr

and i was talking to dionna113 not you i should have put the name sorry if you got offended were here to help each other not talk bad about our drs

I think that dionna113 was only trying to negate my worry, she didn't attack your surgeons credentials or say he was a bad surgeon she mearly stated that he sounds judgmental and needs to have empathy in a specialty field were the morbidy obese seek help and compassion for which for most is a life long affliction.

From the additional research I have done it is rare that a lap band doctor will require a 6 lb loss before doing a fill, it might make a good question to post.

We are all in this together, and it's hard for slow loosers like flowers, dionna113 and I to see others record losses and struggle to get a few pounds off even though we do everything right, so to think that we could go months without a fill because we didn't loose a "required amount" the thought is heartbreaking.

I hope you continue to keep loosing at the rate your surgeon requires, but be aware that you may plateau (even the biggest loosers plateau) or not loose for one or more months and I know that you would not want someone to imply that you are not working hard or that you are wanting everything handed to you on a silver platter.

We need to support each other, not assume or even try to accuse what one does and doesn't do. No one that responded posted a personal attack on you and I am sorry you feel that way.

When we post we don't always like the responses we get but it is what it is and comes with the territory of posting.

Good luck and you have my full support!!!!!

alot of women in the group say they exercise and eat right and dont and just expect a fill and they dont want to work at it so he implemented the six pound rule im sure if he knows your doing everything right he would give a fill anyway