Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else starting to get a little Nervous?

i know one huge fear i have is the fact that i threw up 3, rather violently, times after my gallbladder was removed...so i am just scared to death that i will throw up and cause the band to slip...my doc says that it's not a good thing that i threw up, so he is going to give me even more anti nausea meds than i had before....

yea throwing up woud be a bad thing.

Yes my sister is overweight. She had an RNY, lost TONS of weight, got down at one point to 89 pounds, and gained it ALL back. She's bigger than me now.

Teri

yea throwing up woud be a bad thing.

Yes my sister is overweight. She had an RNY, lost TONS of weight, got down at one point to 89 pounds, and gained it ALL back. She's bigger than me now.

Teri

OMG! Now that is just tragic. Do you think that she is afraid that you will be more successful in your wls? Anyway enough of her and cheers to you on your journey to being healthy!

23_28_125.gif

OMG! Now that is just tragic. Do you think that she is afraid that you will be more successful in your wls? Anyway enough of her and cheers to you on your journey to being healthy!

Terri

I am not an expert but it does sound that your sister cannot stand you to have success. And the fact that she failed at WLS must be a big issue. If you succeede after she couldn't she will have to face her failure. I guess it will kind of be like rubbing it in her face. Not that you have done anything wrong, but it seems that she wants everything you have or she is jelous of you.

I have a younger brother who still blames the older brother for his lot in life. We are all over 50, give me a break, he needs to get over it. If I hear one more time about favoritism I will throw up. All of this happened years ago, and was there - YES. Did it ruin his life - NO. He made his own choices and his personality is definately a factor. He should have made peace on his own terms.

I for one looked at a video/movie of my Mom when we were little kids. She grew up in an abusive authorative family. So there she was, just 20 with 3 kids, 2 in diapers. She had her first at 17. My Mom looked like a little girl over her head, trying to be grown up around people much older than she. Did she make mistakes, YES, but we all make mistakes. Trust me I am almost 53, I almost forgot my age :(, and life is a challange. The things we did as young adults may come back to bite us in the ass in later years. My brother can't, but my older brother and I accept our Mother as the "flawed" person she is. There comes a time when you have to forgive.

Perhaps your sister is still wrapped up in her own hatred. Don't let it bring you down. As I said before - do this for you and if you must, leave your relationship with your sister for a while. Revisit it when she is in a "healthier place". Right now she is poison to you.

Of course all my opinion, and I am not perfect. I spent 22 years in an abusive marriage and I know how someone can dominate you if you let them. Take care! Debbie

I am so enjoying reading this post. I had the band placed 8/2007, removed due to slippage 3/2008 and getting a new one 9/15/2008. I am also nervous even though I have been there before. Any surgery give me the shakes. I know the band can work as I lost 63 pounds, and have gained some back. I want that "tool" back and that "tool" does work, if you work with it. Don't expect quick or rapid weight loss as that just does not happen. But, hey, any weight loss is better than weight gain.

I had great support the first time, but now many people can't believe I am going to "go through it again". Then there are those that say, "until eveyone walks in my shoes, it is my decision and to let those nay-sayers go."

Teri, I have them in my own family also, and I just don't get into discussions about it with them any more. As long as my DH is in agreement, I am fine. He has to live with me and put up with my PBing, and not eating like the old me. He was so supportive the first time and is looking forward to me losing more and getting healthier. He has always been slim ( the typical Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean LOL), and is anticipating me doing stuff with him that I could not do before because of my weight.

Hang in there everyone. Let the nerves run their course, and keep looking forward.

I can soooooo understand where you are coming from. my surgery is in 2 days and I feel almost panicked thinking about it, but I know that 1-2 years from now I will be a different person and a healthier one, yes it will change your life for ever, but I am sure that you and I have tried everything possible to lose weight only to gain it back and not be able to control it. we will be incontrol now and be able to enjoy many other things we liked before 100% better after we lose and maintain it off. God Bless you and have a wonderful healthy journey. I am sure you, as well as I, will.