Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would Like 2 B somebody's Buddy

michelle43@msn.comHey I've lost 215lbs since I had the lapband. I can give advice before, durning, and after. I would like to help you as much as possible. After 4 years this surgery still works. I'm still losing weight.

Thanks,

Smoothingshell:thumbup:

I would love you to be a mentor for me. I just got my band date; Sept 18. I am very nervous. I am about 90 lbs over weight. Been up and down a lot with my weight. Lost it all about 6 yrs ago and put it right back on. I just went to the psych and all is good to go there. Aug 20 I go to nutrition, ekg and blood gases. sept 10 cariologist. Now, I need to get my body and mind used to eating much less and maybe doing some liquid meals during the day too so that I will be able to stick to the medifast only come Sept 3.

ooh see my post..i'm in need of a mentor too.

how is this working? not sure how we all get paired..

When I hear good stories like yours, it makes me feel like I am doing what I need to for my health and not to be so scared. Am beginning to prep myself now that I have a date, with eating less and drinking lots more Water. I need to shrink my stomach some before I get to the liquid diet pre-op phase.

I would love you to be a mentor for me. I just got my band date; Sept 18. I am very nervous. I am about 90 lbs over weight. Been up and down a lot with my weight. Lost it all about 6 yrs ago and put it right back on. I just went to the psych and all is good to go there. Aug 20 I go to nutrition, ekg and blood gases. sept 10 cariologist. Now, I need to get my body and mind used to eating much less and maybe doing some liquid meals during the day too so that I will be able to stick to the medifast only come Sept 3.

I would love to help you through this. First of all dont be scared. I was 476lbs before this. I felt like this was my last hope, without this surgery I felt like I was going to die from being over weight. I can tell you that I did the liquid diet 5 days before my surgery and lost 26lbs. I can tell you my diet if you would like. I thought that I would starve from not eating but after the first day it was easy. I mean I was so desperate to eat I thought that I called and asked if I could have some lettuce and some fat-free ranch dressing, but was going to do this for myself and my kids. So just let me know if you have any questions or anything.

I've had my band for a little over 3 years and I started at 250 pounds. I went down to 190 and now I am having to struggle to drop it all over again as I have popped back up to 208. Money is tight and sometimes I can't get all the protien I need in a day. Any suggestions would be welcome. MamaGail1956

I can tell you that I know how it is when money's tight. I never bought anything expensive. I couldn't even if I wanted to. I'm a single mom of 2 girls. I would do this clear liquid diet for a week and see if it works. I dropped 26lbs in 5 days with this diet. I dont know if you have a sav-a-lot where you live, but if you do go there. I had a cup of fruit cocktail, a cup of tea with sweet-n-low, a boost, a cup of chicken broth with a few crackers to give it taste. I did this 3 times a day. I also bought sugar-free popsiclesand eat them thought out the day when I got hunrgy. It was hard the first day but it got easier the next few days. I also started doing things to keep me busy to keep my mind off of food. Try this and if helps let me know. I also wouldn't buy the swanson chicken broth because it has no flavor buy a store brand. Use the same cups everyday to know that you're getting the same amount. Mix the broth and the boost up. Maybe one day use chicken and the next day use beef. Mix the boost flavors up also so you won't get tired of the same one. I wish you luck and if there's anything else I can help with please let me know.

Thanks. And that does help. I really like the Soups a hand. But I am going to buy me some boost as bad as it taste and also the sugar free popsicles. Thanks again and I'll let ou know what happens. I'm also making it a point to start walking again. :tongue_smilie: