Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is on the 19th. I am only allowed to have 3 Protein shakes a day. No food. I have been doing really well so far. I am so happy to have possitive people like you to talk to! Thanks!

wow Mike thats all, 3 shakes? How are you managing? I thought my pre-op diet was strict! I guess I shouldn't complain I can have 4 drinks 2 bars and sugar free Jello (which I am now sick of after 3 days) Keep up the good work, and good luck to you!

Hey everyone, I am new to this site. I am currently on day 7 of a two week liquid diet. I am only allowed 3-4 Protein shakes a day, 1 - low carb yogurt, and unlimited amounts of Water, crystal lite, low sodium broth, sugar free Jello, Decaf tea, and diet snapple drinks. Sounds ok, but I am having a hard time getting my Protein in so I have decided to eat egg drop Soup for the egg protein. Per day I am having

2- Adkins shakes

1- quart of egg drop Soup (through out the day for hunger)

tons of Water & crystal lite

multivitamin/ Calcium /CO Q10

Am I sabotaging myself? Do I need to stop the egg drop soup? Please help! I have my pre-op labs on the 14th and my surgery is on the 19th.

I weighed 243 on my initial consult and I now weigh 236.5. Thanks for all your help.

Amy:confused:

you'll be fine. The idea is to restrict fat in the diet and to lose fat on/around? your liver so that the surgery will be safer for you and easier for the surgeon. Good luck!

I do have a problem with the shakes. They make me want to vomit and give me awful BM's (tmi-sorry). I am doing better with the Atkins rather than the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury whey Protein that my doc suggested. I appreciate all the support. Only 6 more days to go now.

Amy

So, I just met with my doctor and he told me he is putting in for the approval from my insurance company. He said to start to loose weight. He didn't say how much or anything. :Banane37: So, what was the goal your Dr. gave you to loose before the surgery? can you send me a sample deit plan? I want to get this going.:sleep2:

So, I just met with my doctor and he told me he is putting in for the approval from my insurance company. He said to start to loose weight. He didn't say how much or anything. :biggrin: So, what was the goal your Dr. gave you to loose before the surgery? can you send me a sample deit plan? I want to get this going.:thumbup:

He never set an amount. I am a cash patient so luckily I do not have to deal with insurance companies. The 2 week pre-op diet is 3-4 Protein Shakes a day, unlimited amounts of sugar free Jello & Popsicles, low sodium broth, Water, crystal lite, and only 1 low carb yogurt daily. It is pretty fierce! Good luck to you!

Thanks a bunch for the update. I called my dr and he gave me the same menu as you gave me...so thanks.:)

Im trying to get my page set up. How did you get your BMI and weight progress on your profile?:biggrin:

I'm a little sad that "eating" is over now for 7 weeks... (3 weeks liquid + 3 weeks soft foods.)

I am doing a high Protein, low carb diet prescribed by the dr. I am not missing regular foods yet. I'm eating a lot of salads with grilled chicken. I've lost 7 lbs though, so I'm feeling ok.

Before this started, it was my birthday and I went to my THREE favorite restaurants. My favorite Thai, Vietnamese and Indian places. I had leftovers every day! I went to sushi a few days before too!

I really wish I had pizza though, because I LOVE pizza and miss it. I will be able to have a little bit of it in 7 weeks if I want it anymore. I always imagined I would go for one last "feast" before the surgery, but don't feel like it right now, which surprises me!

So, I just met with my doctor and he told me he is putting in for the approval from my insurance company. He said to start to loose weight. He didn't say how much or anything. :biggrin: So, what was the goal your Dr. gave you to loose before the surgery? can you send me a sample deit plan? I want to get this going.:)

When I first visited the doctor, they said "don't gain weight" but didn't give me the diet until my next visit. I was stressing a bit... as "don't gain weight" isn't much of a diet!! I started by cutting caffeine and any drinks with calories and switched to crystal light and flavored Water. I just tried to limit myself a bit more and be a bit more conscientious. I also started a light workout. (sit ups, leg lifts, arms, squats and walking.)

I went to the doctor and amazingly was down about 5 lbs just from that (over about 4 weeks though, so it wasn't anything huge.) During that time I also ate at all my favorite places and had all my favorite foods! I wanted to get everything in before the surgery!

I understand the disappointment of not be able to eat favorites anymore.:sad:I already ate everything that I thought I would never be abot to eat again. So, my OK with the shake...but today is my first day.:tongue_smilie: Ask me how I am on Monday.

So, i am basically doing 2 shakes a day and 1 meal. We'll see how that goes.

Good Luck and dont get discouraged. Try to remember the end results.

About Pre-Surgery Diets, my doctor put me on one once I didn't lose any weight with Weight Watchers. It's protien (whey) shake for Breakfast, chicken, salmon or tuna plain for lunch and salad or green veggies for dinner. My doctor mandates that you have 10% of your body weight lost before he'll do surgery, so it's been long going for me. I'm on the UBER small end of the lap-banding spectrum (34.9-35 BMI) and it's hard to lose weight when you've been on diets for ages....

I always had a problem with hunger until I saw my psychiatrist Monday. He wrote me a script for Phentermine to help boost the depression meds... and the stuff works. Finally something has curbed my hunger in a huge way. I mean HUGE.

I lost about 11 pounds in 3 weeks on doctors diet... and just started the Phentermine on Tuesday and down another 2.5. Maybe that will help? I dunno. Some insurances don't cover it, but it's worth it... maybe 60.00 for a month supply?

I hope this helps!

Edited by SnowWhite760
wrong numbers in the bmi