Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gained weight!!!!!!

:sad:Help! I'm 1 and 1/2 weeks post op and at my 1 week appt I had lost 7lbs--but now I have gained two!! I don't feel as much restriction, and I have added things like guacamole to my clear Soups for a little more nutrition. I'm still hungry between meals, but I am not snacking between meals. What is going on? I'm eating so much less than I was before.

be patient- other factors can be at work- like your cycle. Is this usually a bloated time? Give it a few days and I bet you will see a difference.

Don't stress, I gained 2 lbs also but then the next day I lost it. Remember, just like everyone has said before we are in the healing stage right now, as long as you are not "cheating" and eating the right things then all should be good!

It is perfectly normal to gain a few pounds in the healing period between surgery and your first couple of fills. Weight loss will come.

Just a thought: If you are only a week and a half post op, the swelling around the band is probably starting to go down a bit. Since the swelling is going down it is easier for your food/liquids to go through your band, which is why you are hungry between your meals. It is perfectly normal. I went through this same problem. Just eat healthy and follow your diet and this will pass. When you start getting your fills things will get much better. Best of luck to you!

At my 2 weeks post op, I had lost 10 pounds. At 5 1/2 weeks post op I had put back on 1 pound. So to date, based on my weight the day of surgery thru Yesterday (5 1/2 weeks post op), I have lost a total of 9 pounds. My insurance company required me to go on a diet before the surgery. From the time I started my diet until now I have only lost 28 pounds. Yesterday was my first fill. I am a little concerned because I do not fill restricted at all. I will give it a few days before I call the doctor.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I regress. Anyway, I would definitely not worry about weight loss at your point. It is pretty normal.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>:thumbup:</o:p>

Guacamole is not low cal. While avocados are a healthly fat they are high in calorie. Maybe cut back on the amount you are adding. Good luck. It is way to early to be upset about a lb. It could just be sodium in your Soup causing you to hold Water. You will start losing soon.

Its so easy when you are pretty new at this to get alarmed and worried when you aren't losing. Some people lose from the first day and never stop, some people don't lose anything, and even gain weight before they reach their sweet spot, and some lose and then gain and then lose and then gain. Everyone is so different!!! You will be fine. Your body is trying to get used to what just happened to it!! Just rest and try not to worry so much about the pounds falling off right now. It will come, I promise. Good luck to you!!!