Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about Life in General

Is there something in the stars, moon or atmosphere that's giving me the willies? Yesterday a young guy was killed on his motorcycle very close to my home, at an intersection I rode my own motorcycle by the previous day. I wanted to read the news story but it's not in the paper. What's worse is that I stumbed upon a second motorcycle death over the weekend not far from home. This makes me very afraid of my motorcycle - is it an omen or just coincidence?

Next I see something that's got me sick and crying. A cop was chasing a high school kid for spraying graffiti. The cop jumped in a back yard to search for the kid and was rushed by two pitbulls, so his partner shot the dogs and killed one. They were in their own home protecting their house. The owner has no kids and considered them his children, just like I consider my Pitbull my little girl.

Maybe it's my PMS, but I'm feeling very weepy and creepy today, and I'm not thrilled at all about the world right now.

We heard about a motorcycle accident a couple of weeks ago, right down the street from where we live. A guy pulled out of a gas station right in front of a motorcycle! It killed the guy instantly! A week later, we found out it was a guy that lived on the street right behind us, and he was a father to 3 small children. It made me sick!

I especially get mad when the driver of the car says they just didn't see them! Sure they did, they just thought they could beat them out so they wouldn't have to follow them. We have lots of motorcycle accidents here in Texas, and everytime they say they didn't see them. Something is wrong with that excuse everytime. I am sure there are times people don't see them, but not going down the street behind them!

When we were going on a road trip last year there were 5 of us all on motorcycles. A woman kept trying to pass us but traffic kept comming at us. Finally she jumped out in the passing lane, and here come another car, so instead of hitting the car, she came over on top of all of us! We were all very lucky that we saw what she was doing, and that there was a shoulder that we all immediately went over on or we would have all been killed.

I just want to shout "Watch where you are going, and SLOW your ass down a little bit!"

The other thing that bothers me is the cop chasing! Just yesterday a cop was chasing a truck and innocent people were killed because of it. I know these people were wanted by the police, but they just left a drug house, and now the junkies are in the hospital, (last I heard) going to live, but the innocent people around the area are dead! I think they need to do away with the chasing of vehicles all together. It seems like everytime they do a police chase, some innocent bystander gets killed!

And, if the police come into my house or yard, they better not shoot my animal! They are on private property and have no right to kill my pets!

I've only been riding about 6 months and I'm already turning into Brawling Biker Bitch. It won't be long till I get in a fist fight, so I may as well get some tattos and piercings. We actually got a woman pulled over by cops after she ran a stop sign and cause me to spin out on gravel & almost go down. Guess what the idiot chick told the cops? "SORRY, I DIDN'T SEE THE MOTORCYCLES." The cop said he couldn't ticket her because he didn't see it happen, but her license said she's supposed to wear glasses, which she wasn't wearing... why couldn't she see the bikes? The cop was happy to give her a ticket for not wearing glasses.

Good, at least she got a ticket! I don't know why they can get away with just saying that, I thought your car had to be in control at all times! I couldn't just say I didn't see the car and get away with it! It just burns me to no end!

Is there a full moon? Chris just called & told me a looney woman ran into our garage at 4:00 a.m. this morning while he was having his coffee. He grabbed his big buck knife and probably would have stabbed her, but then her boyfriend entered the garage apologizing for her & said she just got out of the looney bin! She was trying to ask my husband if there was glass in her cut foot. What are these people doing wandering our neighborhood barefoot and right out of the bin? Something weird is about to happen... just a prediction.

Y'all are braver than I am. Motorcycles scare me for the very stories you are talking about. I'm always VERY careful when I drive around motorcycles. Just a habit I formed early I guess.

I think maybe people glance to fast and don't register the motorcycles because in their head they are looking for big cars... but the excuse still doesn't fly, people need to PAY ATTENTION!!

Well the STUPID COP should have given her tickets on both counts. DUH, she admitted that she didn't see the stop sign or my bike! Nice sunny day, clear intersection but the woman can't see a stop sign or a 300 pound woman on an orange Harley? They should have cuffed her & had her car impounded but they sent her driving back into traffic, land of invisible stop signs.

I think that we hear alot about motorcycle accidents now because it is the season for it. More and more people are getting out and riding and some inexperienced people are as well. In the winter there isnt any riders so we dont hear about it as often. Its just like the deadly car crashes. I definately feel ya on the feelin weepy and stuff...i been like that all week...i know its a slim chance that i would die from my surgery but all i can think about is having something crazy during surgery happen.....scary thought.

Oh, and dont get me started on them stupid cops shootin dogs....ive got some major issues with cops just shootin away at aniamals when it was their fault to begin with. AND i bet they really made it out to be a big deal when they said it was pitbulls too!!! You never hear on tv about a poodle getting shot...or them little dogs that snip at people all the time. I was raised with Rottweilers and LOVE them....hope to breed them when i get a house. NO ONE can tell me that PitBulls and Rottweilers are any more dangerous than any other dog.....Its all in how they were raised.....but this is all my opinion...

So I'm on my boat this weekend and this crazy jetskier all most plowed into our boat. Hello!! How could you not see us?

Lisa, the moon (cresent right now) is in line with mars and the sun. This only happens once every 2 years.

Cops think they have more rights then "normal" people. Once a cop had a gun up to the side of my face, and anther cop had a shotgun slammed in my back. They were looking for someone (wrong place at the wrong time), In a very normal voice I kept saying "get the gun off my back" and all he could say was "don't make me nervous".

As you can imagin, I'll never forget that feeling. They found the guy and my remark was "what gives you the right!" not even a sorry lady...

Oh my gosh, I was almost arrested once, too! A group of us was pulled over. They yanked me and one guy away from the crowd and were getting ready to take us in. Just then something came over the radio and they released us. Oops, they found the real liquor store robbers. This world is what makes me want to be numb. Please pass the buffet and booze.

I was almost arrested once for breaking curfew, and I couldn't make the cop believe that I was 20 and not 16. So he called my mother at her house, waking her up in the process. Then he decides that he was going to arrest me for "contibuting to the delequency of a minor" because I was making sure that the 16 year old girl actually got home. That's about the extent of my wildways.

And my motorcycle is still broken.

The other night on CNN the "question of the night" was whether cops should tazer kids. !!!!! WTF????

Things are a little weird right now, definitely. This evening's local news was full of horrific traffic accidents, a playground shooting, a 2-yr.-old girl run over by a city bus, another 2-yr.-old falling out of a window, and on and on. I mean, there's always one or two incidents for the local newspeople to drool over, but tonight it was literally over the top. :(

And closer to home, in the last week I've had a work colleague go ballistic on me, a cousin have a nervous breakdown, and my sister-in-law diagnosed with breast cancer. It's been quite the bad week all around. :(

I have a bumper sticker on my car that says "I BRAKE FOR MOTORCYCLES!!" :(

I was raised around motorcycles all my life. My parents went all over the US on their Harley. My Dad had a vest with a white map of the US on the back and whenever he went to a state he would color in that state. He only had one state to go before he died.

I can remember him being mad about that one state because it was Vermont. and we live in AZ. He said he should have stuck is big toe in it when he was so close.. He said he would get there. He didn't. :( I'm sure he is riding his Harley in Heaven so I sure he got there.