Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another new one...from Illinois

Bubbly--Congrats!! How exciting! Your surgery date will be here very very soon!! Would you please post your story with BCBSIL... My paperwork was sent in Wednesday, and I am anxiously awaiting their decision. I would like to hear your experience with them. Thanks!!

Amy

Welcome Bubblyblonde and congratulations. Your surgery date will be here before you know it. So are you getting ready for your liquid diet yet? Does your doctor require it? Mine wanted me on liquids for 14 days before surgery, but I wasn't informed of the surgery date until it was 11 days before, so I got a little repreve and didn't have to do the full 2 weeks. It was long enough though. Good luck to you.

yay!! congrats!!!

sorry for the delay in response...Not yet banded but plan on using Dr Hammer (self pay) and am waiting till January due to my job implementing a new system and no one is taking time off thru december. I think I can wait that long and I really like my boss. My husband though is very worried about the surgery and the extra time will help him address that. He is wonderfully supportive just concerned for me.

Look what my thread started, all these Illinois banders!!

After reading a lot on here, I start seeing what I do as an eater. I think the biggest thing the band can do for me is hopefully stop this non full feeling or satiety. I eat way too much food.

I think when I got married I ate to keep up. So stupid. ugh.

eglean2 - have you had an appointment with Dr Hammer yet? Did your husband go with you? If not, I'd suggest that he go to your next one with you, Dr Hammer is very informative and will answer/address his questions/concerns. Also, his assistant and nutritionist are very helpful. What are your husband's concerns about the surgery, if you don't mind my asking? My husband was against me having gastric bypass, but when we found out I could have the lap band (insurance finally decided to cover it) he was much more comfortable with that. Everything has turned out fine so far and I go for my first fill tomorrow, a little nervous about that as I don't like needles, they make me woosey. Hope I don't pass out from the fill. Although I don't think I've ever read on here about anyone who has. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Edited by freedom0702

Hi. I am from the Frankfort area. Did you have your surgery at Silver Cross? I am hoping to be banded in late September or early October.

Dr Joyce at Silver Cross will be doing mine (if all goes well). Around the same time Sept/Oct.

Kat

My seminar is August 29th and I too have heard about how excellent Hammer is with his patients. I am planning on taking husband with me to have any questions answered. My husband is deaf and I know he doesn't like hospitals or sickness and that maybe because he has a different veiwpoint than I ( I work at SJCH). When I had my gallbladder removed, It was the same concern. When I have asked him about concerns, He says he just doesn't want anything to happen and he would be without me:tt1:(ahhhhh!). Knowing him, the more I talk and show him things about the surgery, the better he will feel about the surgery. I told him that this will give me more time with him in our lives. And, I don't want to die like my mother at the age of 58 because of my weight (and other issues). He does understand, its just the thought of going under the knife he doesn't like. I did show my son on-line surgery from or-live.com and he intently watched. I also told him it would be very similar to the previous gallbladder. So, while I am ready, waiting till January will be best for all.:crying:

ok so here we go: pre-op class 9/22/08 430-730, surgery 10/07/08 FINALLY SCHEDULED!! whoo whooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Another IL girl, From central IL near Bloomington/Normal south of Chicago a/b 2 hours. I'm in the 1st stage doing the 6 month required diet. Good Luck, ALL

:biggrin:

good luck 2u2!! :biggrin:

EllinidaGreek - Congratulations on getting a surgery date. It won't be much longer now!

Bubblyblonde- just a few more days for you, :biggrin: how are you feeling..scared, excited???

Hey Illinoishusker - Isn't Mt Zion having some kind of festival this weekend? What's happening there? Might go if they have crafts and such. I think I heard something about it on TV a couple of days ago but didn't catch the whole thing.