Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Jersey August Chat

Trish, Diane and everyone else - thank you so much for you kind words!! I never thought I would lose the weight like I am. It has not been easy but it sure as hell is worth it!! we are all worth the effort. I will try to post some before and after pics sometime soon.

Michaele - I still have a hard time seeing myself skinnier then I was before surgery. it doesnt really hit me until I look at old pictures and I wonder why I didnt do this sooner. Most of the lovely ladies here are not from NJ but I am. I live up in Essex county and would have no problem driving to meet up for a little chit chat with any of the NJ chicas. I dont personaly know anyone else that had the lapband surgery so sometimes it can get a little lonely not having someone to talk to about the numerous things we have to deal with.

hope everyone is having a great weekend. I have not left the house yet today...this weekend was my time to catch up on the sleep that I didnt get on vacation.

Trish, me, energy, lol, just busy, busy, busy, fortunately and blessed it's mostly fun stuff, or things I do by choice.

DH and I went to a party last night, saw lots of people I hadn't seen for a while, OMG, I swear, I'm NOT bragging, but I got so many compliments about my weight loss, my hair, just pumped me up, all I could think is...."can't touch this, LOL".

post-204180-13813137405639_thumb.jpg

Hello.

I've decided to go forward with the lap band. My insurance requires 6 month supervised weight loss. with the PCP..and I'm going for my first visit week after next.

As long as I can remember, I've always been a "big girl" but in recent years, I've just gotten bigger and bigger. Right now I'm 320 @ 5'10" and my ankles/knees have started to hurt from climbing stairs. So I took a deep breath and bit the bullet.

Enough about me - I've read such good things about this group in other forums on this site :biggrin:-just wanted to stop by and say "Hi"

NYCfun - welcome to the family!! I was in the same boat as you - Im 5'8 and was at 277 and climbing when I finally said enough is enough and went for the surgery. for me it was the best decision I ever made. Good luck on your journey

Welcome Michaele and NYCFun--this is definitely a great group, they are supportive, and loving--when you need a kick in the butt, and ask for it they give it, but they do not tear you down without you asking for help!!! I treasure the friends I have made both from NJ and not!!!

Back a couple of years ago, the forum was set up differently and the newest posts appeared first, so many of us responded to a question or comment, without realizing it was NJ thread, and were so happy with the companionship and support we all stuck around!!!

Has been a busy 4 days off for Rick and I. His birthday was yesterday, so we spent the day riding, and had a family dinner, and cake and ice cream, which I promptly got rid of---sent it with a niece!! We also had the Connie Mack World Series (HS baseball---usually aged like 17-18.) The company my DH works for sponsored the home run derby, so we had to be there for that---to help keep records, and he helped hand out trophies. Was fun.

We also have his sister, and her son, his wife and their baby in from Denver. She cannot come to visit her parents and enjoy them, she has to come here and make it a job. I really love this SIL, but she frustrates me with her lack of ....heck I don't even know the word I want----but she cannot sit and talk and laugh with them, she wants to redo their house, and she is NOT an interior decorator!!! She is actually planning to sand down and paint their wooden kitchen cabinets! She thinks the dark wood is too much for them---so is planning to pain them a light blue and then the rest of the kitchen off white. Last time she did the soffet area with contact paper like wall paper, and was put out it did not last!!! She is not neat, she slops paint everywhere!

Then in the LR are the ceilings are high with exposed dark wood beams, she is going to paint them white with the ceiling. I just shook my head, and vowed to stay the heck out of it!

But for now.....the same SIL is supposed to come over to access my WiFi---so I need to get some things picked up----I know she would LOVE to get her hands on my house, something she will NEVER do!!!

Talk soon---miss you girls!

Kat

Jetti, I would love to meet sometime. I think that would be great! My email is NJSoldierwife@yahoo.com

lets make plans!

Kat, thank you so much for the welcome. I was wondering how most is not from NJ, but in the NJ forum. Thanks for answering my question!

Congrats on your WL, that is absolutely wonderful! My inspiration, actually, everyone is my inspiration, I am getting more and more excited now, not as scared.

Talk to you all soon

Michaele

Thanks for the welcome.

NJSoldierwife - even though I have NYC in my name, I'm in NJ. I live so close to the city that whenver I feel like having fun, I make that short trek...hence the name NYC Fun.:thumbup:

Hello Y'all!

Anyone want some sunshine and hotter temps? I'll be glad to send y'all some! It is darn hot here! I didn't even want to go in the pool when I got home! I like hot weather, but this is not fun!

Pat - You look so hot, and so happy! I love your picture!

Kat - You are so busy all the time!

Jessica - You are doing so awsome! I am really proud of you!

Diane - It's not fair you and Donna get to visit with Pat and I don't!

NYCfun - Tell us your name! Welcome aboard!

Trish - Good for you for planning a vacation without the kids! We all need that once in awhile. Make it a really fun one too!

Well, time for me to get supper on the table or close to it. I still have some things to do before I set the food out.

Later my friends!

Betty you can keep all the hot weather. its kind of hot here in NJ and if its going to be this hot I need to be back on the beach in DR not at work...damn it!!

some of you ladies wanted to see progress pictures of me and since I am computer challenged and my computer sucks - surprisingly enough I work for a technology firm. You guys can check out my myspace where I have pictures posted from pre and post surgery. they are not labled as such but if you look around in the albums you can see the changes.

have a great night!

Jessica! WOW! just visited your myspace page....You're so pretty! The boys in the DR must'uv been lining up to dance with you. And OMG :thumbup: the change is tremendous! You rock :cool2:

Pat, cool sunflower hat :thumbup: LOL! I love the new picture...gorgeous YOU!

Betty honey, We'd have a blast if you were there too! (wish you were.)

OOps, gotta go!!!! Hi to everybody!!!!! Later :biggrin2:

Trish, me, energy, lol, just busy, busy, busy, fortunately and blessed it's mostly fun stuff, or things I do by choice.

DH and I went to a party last night, saw lots of people I hadn't seen for a while, OMG, I swear, I'm NOT bragging, but I got so many compliments about my weight loss, my hair, just pumped me up, all I could think is...."can't touch this, LOL".

:cool2:

Pat, you deserve to brag; you look fabulous!

Edited by dj_bryan

Good Morning ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a terrific time with my oldest daughter this past weekend. She is a lot of fun and I was sad to see her go back to NJ yesterday afternoon.

About a 1/2 hour after I got back from taking her to the train, my SIL came to spend the night before going to a conference this morning in VA Beach We had a great time last night cooking out and drinking too much wine. :cool2: It's been a busy few days, but good busy.

NYCfun- welcome. I know you will enjoy this group, they are all terrific women!

I am looking forward to my first fill tomorrow. Even though I'm not expecting much as far as restriction, a couple of days on liquids should put me down a couple of more lbs. Every little bit helps, right?

Kat your SIL sounds like she has a lot of energy! Maybe you can put her to work on something other than decorating your home.... polish the silver or clean out the junk drawer. LOL

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'll let you know how my fill goes tomorrow.

Donna

good morning ladies

I just wanted to let you all know that Michaele - NJsoldierwife - and myself are planning on meeting up on Sunday August 17th for some lunch/coffee/chit chat is any of you NJ ladies would like to join that would be GREAT!!! even if you dont live in NJ and want to travel up that would be awesome. I believe we will be meeting somewhere down in or by Howell if anyone is interested let me know.