Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your surgery date? Let's keep a list.

GG, I was also prescribed Oxycodone, and I've taken about five tabs (I'm allowed one or two). One tab seems to relieve the slight burning sensation that I'm having at some of the surgical sites that are not next to the bigger incision.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having that painful burping, or non-burping situation. That's hurts even when you haven't had surgery.

Edited by kiz

lol!

You should have that not want to eat feeling for a lil longer...so enjoy!! lol lol but like i said although i feel hungry...as soon as i drink it goes.... and i dont start feeling hungry till about 4/5 hours later! I am being naughty and not drinking as much as i should do~! i think its because i get full so quickly and dont want to force it! Also having some bother with this burping thing...i wantto burp but it doesnt quite come out...just this sharpe pain in my chest. But walking does help it all come out!

You so lucky you had no gas pains!!! I think i would of prefer the port pain to the gas pain...it was just that constant dull ache that bothered me!

Thats really good that you have ur pain meds going dircetly to the port! If the pouch does become empty you have soluable meds on standby? Im sure you do...i just used parcetamol and they worked fine for me.

Get well soon hun, sound like u doing fab!! xxxx

Hey GG!!

I laughed when you said while walking you were able to let a burp rip .....:P So walking does help this somewhat? I am also worried about the gas pain!!! Course I guess this is the least og my worries right now!!! LOL

Thanks for the nice comments and thinking of me!!:tt1:

YOU take care of yourself!!! And will be praying all of us have a positive experience with the lapband!!!

Teresa!:lovechoc:

ps.... did you give your lapband a name?:scared2:

lol you remided me of what i did...afteri travelled back from belguim to england...i wasnt feeling so good, and was in some pain from all the bumping about on teh journey. I was meant to take 1 every 4 hours but i took about 4 in one go!! It worked staright away!! lol lol

GG, I was also prescribed Oxycodone, and I've taken about five tabs (I'm allowed one or two). One tab seems to relieve the slight burning sensation that I'm having at some of the surgical sites that are not next to the bigger incision.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having that painful burping, or non-burping situation. That's hurts even when you haven't had surgery.

Hey hun!!

Yes the burp just came out of no where, im so happt i was in public...one min im walking teh next min this monstrosity is coming outta my mouth lmao. The walking really does help, even if its just pacing up and down ur room.

Ive will having the naming cermony for my band on monday...lol lol Its gonna be called gg bandSTAR!! LMAO!!:thumbs_up:

Hey GG!!

I laughed when you said while walking you were able to let a burp rip .....:teeth_smile: So walking does help this somewhat? I am also worried about the gas pain!!! Course I guess this is the least og my worries right now!!! LOL

Thanks for the nice comments and thinking of me!!:biggrin:

YOU take care of yourself!!! And will be praying all of us have a positive experience with the lapband!!!

Teresa!:shades_smile:

ps.... did you give your lapband a name?:thumbs_up:

You guys are too much! But I am so glad we have you to guide us through this. Glad to hear you are doing so FANTASTIC!!!!!

I am SOOO glad to hear that you are missing the "hunger". But GG - be careful, stay hydrated. We need you!

And, most important, walk. For some reason it moves the gas. And I guess it is going to come out - one way or another.

I looked over the list. My how we have grown.

Take care. Debbie

Congrats and I'll be prayin everything goes well. You have done well with weight loss during your pre op diet. Your's isn't bad comapared to what I had to do; complete medifast, yuk. I would have loved to have been able to have a healthy choice dinner. Check in after surgery.

Hi All!!!

I am on day 12 of my pre-op and it's not been too bad! I sort of did a modified diet about 3 weeks ago. But for the past 12 days I've had opti fast shake for Breakfast, opti fast Tomato Soup for lunch and a healthy choice tv dinner for dinner! My Dr. doesn't require a strict diet per se but would like you to try and lose. As of today I am down 18 pounds!!!:teeth_smile:

My surgery is Monday! And I am everready!!!!

To quote GG2007 - On Monday I will go from a "Bandster" to a "BAND STAR"!!!:shades_smile:

Good luck to all!!!

Teresa

gg, you're funny. I busted out laughing about your "monstrosity" of a burp. I had so much gas that I really didn't care where it came out, I just wanted it out, no matter which end. Burps were difficult so when they came, I welcomed them. My problem now is, and I don't mean to be GROSS but I haven't had a BM since my surgery. What's up with that?

lol you remided me of what i did...afteri travelled back from belguim to england...i wasnt feeling so good, and was in some pain from all the bumping about on teh journey. I was meant to take 1 every 4 hours but i took about 4 in one go!! It worked staright away!! lol lol

Hey hun!!

Yes the burp just came out of no where, im so happt i was in public...one min im walking teh next min this monstrosity is coming outta my mouth lmao. The walking really does help, even if its just pacing up and down ur room.

Ive will having the naming cermony for my band on monday...lol lol Its gonna be called gg bandSTAR!! LMAO!!:shades_smile:

Hi hudlyn - September 12th too!! Not too much longer. Good luck and keep in touch!!! Becky

hey hun!

i have been literally forcing the Water down...lol im trying... still have another 1.5 litres to go. think im gonna be on da toilet all day lol

I am SOOO glad to hear that you are missing the "hunger". But GG - be careful, stay hydrated. We need you

Take care. Debbie

Hey!

lol lol i wish u could of heard it! Ive never heard anything like it!! lol lol The gas has no problems coming out of the end:lol:....but its just so painfull and unfortable when it gets stuck in your chest. But it does feel so good when i burp....its like a big release.

Your not the only one hun, i havent had a BM since surgery....i guess thats because we dont have anything solid going in...im normally quite frequent...so its really weird lol Im still on liquids next week so doubt i will be getting a BM untill i start the mushie stage (week three) But im sure its no healthy to go that long without a BM. Im going to ask my doc if i can take some liquid fibre. xxx

gg, you're funny. I busted out laughing about your "monstrosity" of a burp. I had so much gas that I really didn't care where it came out, I just wanted it out, no matter which end. Burps were difficult so when they came, I welcomed them. My problem now is, and I don't mean to be GROSS but I haven't had a BM since my surgery. What's up with that?

Congrats and I'll be prayin everything goes well. You have done well with weight loss during your pre op diet. Your's isn't bad comapared to what I had to do; complete medifast, yuk. I would have loved to have been able to have a healthy choice dinner. Check in after surgery.

Thanks for the prayers!!! Will be needing them!!! I am glad that I didn't have to do a strict diet! The healthy choice meal was really good at dinner time! But I was strict on what I ate because I didn't want to have the fatty liver issue!

I woke of a little nervous this morning and I didn't think I would be! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am Monday morning! So today it is all Clear liquids and then a yummy cherry magcitrate this afternoon!:thumbup:

Will check in after surgery!!!

Thanks!

Teresa

my big day is set for oct.5 i am getting worried and dont know why i have been wanting this for a long time i guess its just cold feet

MY BIRTHDAY!!! What a perfect day:thumbup:

It may seem a long way off, but it gives you enough time to get all your pre op work done. Good luck Debbie:wink_smile: