Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im due for my surgery in august, i hear of people talking about thier port, i was just wondering can you see the port once in? it outline of something, and once you lose weight will it stick out? someone told me they find it hard to wear underwire bras as it annoys it.

Im 6 days post op and i cant see where my port is... and its no where near my bra line... i hope it wont show once i lose weight ...

I am 6 weeks out and I still can't feel or see mine.....I know the general area because my surgeon showed me were he was going to put it. I tried to push and feel around on my stomach to see if I could feel it but no luck..... I wonder how they are going to put a fill in (hopefully I go on Tuesday).

I had asked the same question will it show as a bump when I loose 100lbs......

I was told "yes it may show, but if you lost 100 lbs. would it really bother you if there was a little bump?

I didn't think so, I may feel differnt then but I heard you can have it redone......

Hello I thought I would let you know what has happend to me and my port?

I had my band done August 2007 and all has been good but as I have lost weight the port has started to hurt, I have been to see the consultant and he tole me that as I have lost so much weight the muscle they have sewn it to may have got weak and the port has now fallen forward.

I am waiting for some plastic surgery and bob job and they have saud what they will do is resite it when they do that. Other than that as i still have 14lbs to loose it will only get worse.

I started my weight loss without this information and as I paid for my band to be done after 12 months the after care has to be paid for so unless I have the boob job done which I will have to pay for I wont get the port resited until I have lost the rest of my weight.

Has anyone else had this problem with a large weight loss.:tt2:

Hi there...I had my surgery one month ago, and (for me) the port site was really the only one that gave me a little pain after the surgery...my doctor told me that most of my weight is around my hips and legs, so my port didn't have that much "fat" to be sewn into...either way...it's all healed up now, I can feel it if I press on my left side...it's a little above my pants waistline...best of luck to you, and remember...it'll be well worth it in the long run...I'm down 19 pounds since June 23rd...:tt2:

My port is about 2 1/2 inches above my naval, and I couldn't tell where it was until the doctor told me. I couldn't feel it. I'm 3 weeks out, and now that the swelling and gas seem to be almost gone, I can push around a feel it a bit.

Nobody can see my port and I'm about 23 pounds from goal. If someone saw my belly bare they would see the scar, but they can't see the port. It doesn't bulge and it never really did. My port is just below my rib cage. I can feel it if I push in. It kind of feels like a hockey puck in there.

Good luck everyone. I love my band and am very happy one year out with 23 pounds to get to goal.

Sue

I heard that the Realize brand lap band has a port that doesn't stick up as high. Anybody have experience with that one?

My port is right above belly belly level, if you bra is that low, you must be huge.

I didnt have any trouble with that incision, just the one by my belly button, but hopefully now that the stitches are out its on the mend. The port area doesnt hurt.

They say you can find the port when you lay down and lift up your legs, it will show thru the skin. Im afraid to push on the skin and feel it.

I can feel my port (I even let others feel it!) I told my doc (in a lighthearted way) that the port is going to stick out when I wear my size 4 bikini. He replied, "Won't that be nice!"

That said that the port sometimes hurt from her underwire bra, interesting that no-one has it there i will have to ask the doc it may be where he likes to put it.

I have the Realize band - 5 weeks post-op - my first fill is on Monday and I intend on telling my doctor that I have got to have the port moved down more - it sticks out like a goose egg and is very unsightly - I know that sounds vain but I wore a swimsuit the other day and it looked weird on my left side- I feel like people will think I have a tumor there or something - I love the band - hate the goose egg.

I wish I could wear a swimsuit. I probably could but it has been so long since I wore one I can't forsee it.

My port I can feel but I cann't see. If yours is very obvious, I see how you may feel. But at least you felt good enough to put on a swimsuit. I hope to at least get there.

Banded 12/17/07

244.5S/189C/165G

Birmingham, AL

I don't think it would be nice and only a man doctor would say something like that - you don't want the world to look at a bulge and know what you did - it should be something private - anyway, I went for my first fill today and the Physician's Assistant said she thought there was still some swelling going on and to give it another month so I will but if it isn't down by then she said they could "move it" whatever that means.