Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when does the pain/soreness END!!!

oh yeah i'm a whiny baby...3 days post op...hurts to get out of a chair, hurts to get out of the bed, hurts to burp,cough ect....all my incisions are pretty sore to the touch...will walking more help?...cause i sure will do it!! the first day i walked every hour at least for 5-10 minutes like the nurse told me, yesterday didn't walk as much, but did go to Walmart in the evening...that was like an hour walk (very, very slow pace, but i walked)

so more walking or is it something that just takes time to heal

I felt that way too for about the first four days it was hard to get up and hard to find a comfortable sleeping position, I just had my surgery on 7/16 and i'm still a little sore but much much better. I think it just takes time. I did alot of walking to, try not to over do it though. Good Luck.

I am 10 days post op and only last night I managed to lie down in bed. It still hurts abit to cough and OMBG! when I sneezed :tt2: Still I can see a light at the end of the tunnel now so hang on in there X

I was banded the 24th of July as well. We are at the same point. I thought there was only about 2 days of down time but I see that it takes a couple weeks. Its nice to see I'm not the only one who feels like a whiny baby!!

I was banded on the 14th. I didn't get out of bed unassisted until day 6. My stomach muscles were too sore. By day 8, I was in the gym and have been each day this week on the treadmill. My incisions are still tender, but other than that I feel good. Good Luck and move around as much as you can, it will ease the gas pains!

thank you guys...i realized that not only am i whiny but i'm exaggerating, lol i'm only 2 days post op not 3, LMAO!!!:tt2:

yeah finding the comfy position to sleep in ...oh gosh and laughing...my sister keeps cracking jokes, i'm ready to rip her head off, lol lol, i'm like stop making me LAUGH:lol:

thank you for all your help...

Hi, just wanted to join the winey babies. 5 days post op and my port area is sore as doo doo, hurts to bend, move to fast,cough, sneeze, or laugh oh! and up and down is no breeze eather. :tt2: speedy recovery to all

Hi all, I'm a whinny baby too. Banded on the 23rd. 3rd day out and feeling better but very light headed at times and keep getting this intermittent pain/discomfort right at that middle incision between the breasts, enough to take my breath away. not sure if it's the band or my heart, but no vomiting YEA! Today I am able to get blended yogurt down no problem. Hating the Protein Drink, but I must say that the unjury brand is pretty good. Anyone else having these weird feelings?

Also I have found that lying on your side almost on your stomach with a fluffy pillow takes away the pain for me. Go figure I guess putting slight pressure on it eases it.

Hi all, I'm a whinny baby too. Banded on the 23rd. 3rd day out and feeling better but very light headed at times and keep getting this intermittent pain/discomfort right at that middle incision between the breasts, enough to take my breath away. not sure if it's the band or my heart, but no vomiting YEA! Today I am able to get blended yogurt down no problem. Hating the Protein drink, but I must say that the unjury brand is pretty good. Anyone else having these weird feelings?

Also I have found that lying on your side almost on your stomach with a fluffy pillow takes away the pain for me. Go figure I guess putting slight pressure on it eases it.

my heart...thats how i felt last night i was eating some chicken broth...i'm like i don't know if thats what stuck feels like...

i've tried to sleep on my left side...SUCKER! i have no idea what i was thinking, i swear i feel like all my organs fall to the left, mind you, never felt any organs falling before, but now...yep i can feel them move...i'm hoping to read this post a week from now and realize how ridiculous i was:biggrin:

crzytchr- i love that you were back at the gym by day 8 thats awesome, gives me hope:thumbup:

Count me in as a "whiner." I was banded on June 6th, returned to work on June 17th. By the 12th I was starting to worry whether or not I'd be able to go to work the following week. The pain was that bad - I couldn't stand up without the help of my son, had to have him help me get in and out of bed by lifting my legs over for me, and so on. I wasn't just tender - I hurt like hell, especially the port region.

Finally on the 12th I called my doctor's office and asked about better pain relief. My doc doubled my dose of Lortab (Vicodin) as a response. The next day I was walking more easily. By the following Monday I was getting up and down without assistance and Tuesday morning I was able to return to work. At that point I was taking a very small amount of pain killer and I still have half of that bottle.

I firmly believe that pain holds you back from recovery. If you're hurting that much then call your doctor about a change in your pain meds! Once your pain is reduced you'll become more active and subsequently heal better. Trust me, nobody will think that you're "whining." Each person is an individual when it comes to pain reception, so don't hold yourself to an impossibly high standard if you're hurting that much.

One thing that I found helped was wearing an old, soft, stretchy bra 24/7. It added support PLUS it kept my breast off of my port incision. A sports bra would do just as well.

There's my two cents worth, anyway. :tt2:

It does get better that I can promise. Just hang in there and take it easy. Remember this is your healing period don´t go running miles and miles to see if you can do it or not. Do things slowly so that your body can heal. After at least 6 weeks go wild!!!

You are not whiners, just healers in your own body.

I'm 9 days post op and didn't start feeling better pain-wise until the 6th day. I am still unable to sleep on either side which is driving me crazy. I have overdone it a few days with the walking which seemed to make the pain worse. I had hubby take me shopping today for necessary things and am now sore and super tired.

Placing a pillow over your belly area will help if you have to laugh or when climbing in and out of a chair or bed.

I also found that laying on my side...almost my stomach with a pillow pressed up real close felt better. It gave me some support or something.

It was easily a week before I started to feel better...I had lots of pain!

it was about 5 days till i felt like i would live again ...

it was about 4 weeks til i was normal and could sleep on my side just hope u dont catch the flu like me right after ...that was horrible and it lasted 2 weeks

Diva, I promise if anyone would have even suggested a gym to me on day 5 I would have hurt them. But from day 6 on I felt a lot better each day. You will get there!

As for the gym, I'm just walking on the treadmill. I'm not cleared to weight train until 4 weeks post op, but I plan on waiting 6 weeks to make sure! I will not jeopardize my band!

Good Luck!