Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When I was early in my post op phase, I measured EVERYTHING! I might have even been a little fanatical about it. However, it really taught me what correct portions look like. That has really stuck with me over the last year.

Personally, I think measuring is a good strategy for the first several months. It keeps us honest :)

Hugs,

AAWWEEE...LIBERTY...I JUST READ THIS PART OF YOUR PREVIOUS POST "Porclndoll i saw @ our last support meeting with the pysch and she looks wonderful for just being out of surgery."...........THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I DIDN'T WANT TO SEEM RUDE FOR NOT SAYING ANYTHING, BUT I HONESTLY DIDN'T SEE IT TILL NOW! WHAT A GREAT COMPLIEMENT! DR KWONS STAFF HAS HONESTLY BEEN AWESOME AND I OWE SOME OF MY PROGRESS TO THEM. DR KWON IS AN AWESOME SURGEON AND IF IT WASN'T FOR HIS SKILL, GOD ONLY KNOWS WHERE THIS SURGERY COULD HAVE WENT. AS FAR AS MY CONTRIBUTIONS..WELL, IT HASN'T BEEN EASY, NO ONE EVER SAID IT WOULD BE...I HAVE HIT MY WALLS HERE AND THERE, BUT I HAVE GOTTEN AROUND THEM....AND I AM SURE YOU WILL BE LOOKIN AND FEELING GREAT AFTER SURGERY TOO! see you monday june 6th at support group?

TALK TO YOU SOON

Porci ndoll

I was under the impression that we should have at least 60 grams of Protein and no more than 20 carbs daily. As far as fat counts go, I really don't remember the exact amount, but it should be on the low side.

Hope this helps!

Eileen

Eileen....Thanks for the info. I knew about the 60g's of protein...No more than 20g's of carbs ya say hum.....well...... I will have to start keeping better tract. I am not well organized...and I don't write everything down...but I think to see results I need to figure out something. I am also going to see Curves this weekend....see if I like it enough to join. I belonged to Golds Gym last year. Lemme tell ya...the people there weren't too friendly. The staff was great...but getting a gym buddy was hard! I will talk to just about anyone too. I guess they were all there and focused .... I dont know what it was for me....a social outting? Well where the hell was the coffee and cake??????? :( Guess thats why I ended up quitting after three or four months.

they never had the coffee ready when I got there. Damn Itallian tradition in me......if you bake it, they will come :D hehehehe Im feeling silly today..... If they sit down, you must feed it hehehehehehehe Its no wonder I am where I am today!!! I will see you later...thanks for the info again!!

:banana :banana

I LOVE CURVES!!

:banana :banana

Is that message clear enought? hehe. One of the reasons I love curves is that it does not attract the spandex and testosterone crowd. The other ladies working out with me are ordinary folks, just like me. There's almost always someone there to chat with through the circuit. And, often times, a staff member engages me in conversation as I'm working out. The half-hour is gone before I know it.

I had a curves victory this month... I moved into the number one slot of most weight lost at my particular curves. (and I even outpaced two ladies with an RNY!! yipeeeee bandsters!)

You'll love it!

Hugs,

Good for you Julie! I loved Curves, too when I was there. Had to opt out for the gym with childcare for now but I'll go back! I agree, great atmosphere there!

Hey Everyone! I will see you all 6/6 at the meeting, Porcndoll, Its True and your welcome, I can't wait to be on the loosing side...I used to belong to curves. But because of the odd hours i stopped going, If i could find one that was open after 8pm i would go. But hey maybe someday! Well Got to get back to work. Have a wonderful Hump day!!