Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much have you lost July Butterfllies??

I had my second fill this week. When I weighed at the doctors office, it was 3 pounds lighter than my scale on saturday. I am 57 pounds lighter. I am so excited. I am almost half way to my goal weight.
congrats, that's great!:tongue_smilie:

Everyone is doing so awesome! Also, thanks for all the congrats last week on ONEderland!

This week I am down 3.4 more pounds....0.6 more pounds and I will be halfway!!

Everyone is doing so awesome! Also, thanks for all the congrats last week on ONEderland!

This week I am down 3.4 more pounds....0.6 more pounds and I will be halfway!!

You go girl! :biggrin:

I won't be on chat today either as I have a lunch meeting. I don't think I can make tonight's chat either (8 central 9 eastern).

I can't believe I just found this board. Today I decided that I needed to spend more time on the various forums. I need HELP and I live too far from the hospital where I had my surgery to attend the support groups there. It is so inspiring to read about everyone's losses and about how hard you are all working. I needed to hear that.

Here are my stats:

Last March, I weighed about 210.

I figured out I was probably diabetic and that scared me enough to switch to an Atkins type of diet to bring my blood glucose down. It worked.

On July 9th, when I saw the surgeon, I was 184.

On July 21st, I was banded. I weighed 174 that day, after being "emptied out" the night before. My surgeon only has you do a day of pre-op. So all in all, I lost about 36 pounds before the surgery.

Today, October 20th, 3 months later, I weigh 159, 15 pounds less than the day of surgery, 25 pounds less than what I weighed at the pre-op appointment. That's a loss of only 25 pounds in 3 months, total.

Needless to say, I am depressed. I have only had 1 fill and I called BEGGING for another, but the doctor was away at a conference and then away on vacation etc. etc. etc.... I feel like I can eat anything and everything, which makes me so sad. My next fill is November 5th and I can't wait.

I guess I shouldn't be that unhappy. I have lost 51 pounds in all and only have 34 more to go, but it hasn't been because of the band. I could use some cheering up and some hugs right now. Any advice would be so appreciated.

Ellen

I can't believe I just found this board. Today I decided that I needed to spend more time on the various forums. I need HELP and I live too far from the hospital where I had my surgery to attend the support groups there. It is so inspiring to read about everyone's losses and about how hard you are all working. I needed to hear that.

Here are my stats:

Last March, I weighed about 210.

I figured out I was probably diabetic and that scared me enough to switch to an Atkins type of diet to bring my blood glucose down. It worked.

On July 9th, when I saw the surgeon, I was 184.

On July 21st, I was banded. I weighed 174 that day, after being "emptied out" the night before. My surgeon only has you do a day of pre-op. So all in all, I lost about 36 pounds before the surgery.

Today, October 20th, 3 months later, I weigh 159, 15 pounds less than the day of surgery, 25 pounds less than what I weighed at the pre-op appointment. That's a loss of only 25 pounds in 3 months, total.

Needless to say, I am depressed. I have only had 1 fill and I called BEGGING for another, but the doctor was away at a conference and then away on vacation etc. etc. etc.... I feel like I can eat anything and everything, which makes me so sad. My next fill is November 5th and I can't wait.

I guess I shouldn't be that unhappy. I have lost 51 pounds in all and only have 34 more to go, but it hasn't been because of the band. I could use some cheering up and some hugs right now. Any advice would be so appreciated.

Ellen

You are doing FANTASTIC!!! I would give a LOT to have lost around 50lbs. I still haven't hit 25 yet. You are an inspiration to those of us who lose slower. Thank you!

You are doing FANTASTIC!!! I would give a LOT to have lost around 50lbs. I still haven't hit 25 yet. You are an inspiration to those of us who lose slower. Thank you!

I second that.....you have AWESOME weight loss!

Ellen, your progress so far is phenomenal. Both before and after banding. I had my 4th fill last Tuesday for a total of 4.5 cc in 8 cc band. I can hardly eat so I'm pretty hungry. I'd rather be able to eat and be a little hungry than not be able to eat and be hungry.

Thank you all for your support. It's been kind of rough lately, but coming here has cheered me up. I also was lucky enough to speak with someone who is also losing slowly. I realize now that I am not alone on this journey. I guess I started out looking for a miracle that would do it all for me. Now I know that I have to put in my own good share of hard work as well. Have a nice evening. Talk to you all again soon.

Love,

Ellen

Wiredshut, your doing fantastic. I would give my eye teeth to weigh 159. and 50lbs you go girl. I think we all go thru ups and downs with this weight loss thing. somedays I feel great about my loss so far and others like today i feel like it's gonna take forever if it even comes. I only lost 1 lb this week and I felt like I worked really hard. But tomarrow is a new day. When I get in those slumps I come here and on the July butterflies master thead and my girls always make me feel better. With that being said I hope you will continue to join us. Kim

Kimaly, you're doing pretty fantastic yourself! 46 lbs down! Wow!

Thx Donna, but I was just saying on our other thread I feel kinda stuck(as far as what i'm losing now) Kinda 1lb up and down this past week and a half. I know my calorie intake is good (1000) I guess I need to step up the exercise. I have good restriction (4.4 in a 10cc) If i had any more right now I wouldn't be able to eat. I guess i'm lucky, I hardly ever get what I'ld call hungry. I also know it'll pick back up I've just been in one of those moods the last couple of days.

I know it sounds weird, but you may also need more calories. I know that my weight loss is much more steady when I have around 1200 calories a day versus 1000. I track on the daily plate and watch my charts.

Thx Donna, but I was just saying on our other thread I feel kinda stuck(as far as what i'm losing now) Kinda 1lb up and down this past week and a half. I know my calorie intake is good (1000) I guess I need to step up the exercise. I have good restriction (4.4 in a 10cc) If i had any more right now I wouldn't be able to eat. I guess i'm lucky, I hardly ever get what I'ld call hungry. I also know it'll pick back up I've just been in one of those moods the last couple of days.

I think you might be right, I'm gonna try it for a couple of weeks and see how that works out. Thx