Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded May 29, 2008...need some support/encouragement

Well I called the nurse and she explained that most don't feel much restriction with the first fill. And that if there has been no change in two weeks, then I need another fill. So (nervously) I'm going back the Friday for another fill. Thank you for your support. Allison/Lexy/Annika, I feel especially connected with you all. It's a long road and I feel great so far. I need to start some kind of exercise and not be so afraid of foods. It's nice to know Allison that you are feeling hungrier and hungrier even after the first fill. I thought I was going crazy!! Annika, I got on to TheDailyPlate.com site and registered. It's amazing to see all that I eat and to know that I'm still only getting 1000 calories or less per day. You'd think the pounds would be dropping off!! The worst part is the amount of sodium in most things I eat. Sadly I was over 2000mg. of sodium for yesterday!!! Probably all of my potential weight loss is due to retaining Water from all the stupid sodium. I recommend this site to everyone so you can see that even skim milk has 120mg. of sodium for 8 oz.!!! CRAZY. It all adds up and ends up creating some of the problems. A light cheese stick has 230 mg. of sodium. I'm totally frustrated with how much salt is in things, even low-fat/low-cal things that we are supposed to be eating. It has a search function that has all the major brands as well as your local grocery store brands. A major plus was finding out all the hidden Protein in the things I was eating. For instance yesterday I ended the day with 84 grams of protein and only had one 23 g shake for Breakfast. The rest was in the things I ate the rest of the day. So if you are honest with what you put down that you eat then it's very helpful.

So thank you all for the tremendous support and I hope we can keep in touch!!!

Blessings, Kathy

I lost most of the weight eating Soup, I was eating a lot of chicken noodle up until about 2 weeks ago.

OMG! You can eat soup after being banded? I was told to stay away from it once I have had the surgery and can eat solid food. I was told that the liquid from the soup makes it go through the band quicker. If I want soup I was told to make it more stew like. Did you feel full after eating the soup?

Kathy,

It may sound weird but I put sliced skinless apples in Water and leave it in the fridge until its cold. I use sweet apples not like granny smith. Right now I am using gala and in the fall when I can find them I use honey crisp which is the best apple I have ever tasted. It's expensive but so worth it when they are in season.

Also, just a suggestion if you do drink caffeine and go to Starbucks for the Iced Tea which is very good I agree. I would choose the green tea instead of the black tea since black tea has more caffeine in it.

Yeah Soup does a good job of filling me up. I ate a lot of it while I was on the pureed and mushy food stages and was impressed by how much weight was coming off from eating a lot of soup. I haven't heard anything specifically about not eating it from my doctor, but what you said makes a lot of sense, I actually remember thinking that.

Thanks for that Allison :thumbup:

During the winter I love to make Soups and if I buy them already bought I really watch the salt because it says light does not mean they lightened up on the salt it's sometimes more than soups that are not light.

We'll see what happens. Once I have the surgery maybe I can add more Tomato paste to my vegetable Soup to make it more stew like.