Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you know about that new pill that

only allows you to have a period every so often? I am on of you who goes through the hard time of trying to get anything down during my PMS time. Having fewer periods would help there...but... I don't need the pill (tied tubes) and I am worried about side effects and weight gain (I gained weight on the regular pill) at least I blame it on that!!!:thumbup: Anyon have updated infor?

I have been on the pill since I was 16 (aside from my pregnancy) I was looking into it and talked to my OBGYN about it. He didn't recommend it because it takes months before it can be regulated and often times you still spot and get all of the pms symptoms monthly anyway.

I decided that it just didn't make sense for me.

i have the Mirena IUD that lasts for 5 yrs, they insert it in you down there, it will cause u to cramp and possibly have a period for a bit to start but I only spot now and its not all the time and maybe just a day I have had it since sept, my mother in law has had it for 4 yrs now and has not even spotted or anythign since getting it. and like i said plus side is it lasts 5 yrs then u get it removed and reinserted if needed, and you can get it removed anytime during that 5 yrs if needed.

I have tried it, but it only caused me to bleed even more. Some people love it, but it didn't work for me.

I have heard/read that this drug can be extremely dangerous. If your tubes are tied, do you really want to use chemicals to regulate your period? I am extremely wary of all prescription meds anyway--although I know that sometimes our lives depend on them. I had a uterine ablation several years ago. It has done a great job with practically eliminating my period. Had tubes tied prior to that as well. My vote: Don't use the pill!!!!

The pill works really well for me in regulating periods. I think the best bet is to speak to your gynecologist and get suggestions if the primary purpose is to eliminate some of your period misery.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but I'd say talk to your doctor about it. He/She can explain all your options.

FYI - the period we get on the pill is not a real period - you only get a real period after you ovulate. The pill suppresses ovulation so you won't get pregnant, so the bleeding you get is just mimicking a real period.

So there is no problem with only getting this fake period every four months instead of every month.

That said, some people do experience bleeding between periods on Seasonique - especially in the first 3-month cycle - but it improves in the 2nd cycle and gets better with each cycle after that.

Good luck!!

I have used the seasonale and it worked fine for me. I never had any problems and my gyno guy was supportive of it because it was a low dose. I got off the pill in december with the hopes of having a baby. I have had a period every month since being off it. Talk to your doctor about your options. What works for some may not work for others. Good Luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches