Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters...how much have you lost since surgery??

If you have already been banded in July, have you lost any weight? It seems to come off slower now than it did before surgery!!! I have lost 2 lbs since surgery last Wednesday and really thought it would have been more with the amount I am actually able to drink!! I am probably being over zealous...but who knows!!

Maryland Mommy,

I was banded on July 1st and have lost 9lbs. It seems to be slowing down now because I have been at the same weight on the scales for the past couple of days. However, your stomach is still probably swollen from the surgery.

Don't get discouraged.

I get banded this coming Thursday and am not going to concentrated on how much I've lost in the beginning but healing and getting in my minimum requirements. I'm also going to only weigh once a week because I know if I do it more often, I don't normally show any losses until after a week.

MM - I think you are being over zealous. Do what you are supposed to do and you will lose.

I weighed 246 on surgery day and I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 233! The only thing I am taking in as far as calories are 3 Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks a day, and everything else is sugar free. I've been drinking Special K Protein Water, sugar free Jello, and my one luxury is Decaf coffee with sugar free Creamer. I'm taking mulitivitamisn twice a day and I just hope I am not losing it too fast!

I was banded on July 2nd as well and when I went to the doctor the following Thursday (the 10th) I had only lost 2 lbs. I think this is normal. We are doing nothing but drinking so aside from still being bloated from the surgery we can also be retaining Water. I think we will start to see bigger differences as we move along.

I was banded on July 2nd and went into surgery at 327. I am now weighing in at 315. So, since surgery (a week and a half ago) I have lost 12 pounds.

I was banded on July 8th and haven't lost any real weight. I've only lost the weight that was gained from the surgery itself

welcome to being banded. The first month - 6 weeks is mainly for healing, some people may not start feeling restriction or losing significant amounts of weight until they start getting some fills. Good luck with it all.

MarylandMommy,

I was banded on July 2 and after my surgery I weighed 5 lbs more than when I went into surgery! They told me it was from the fluids from the IV when you had the surgery, plus the gas/bloating. I have since lost the 5 lbs gained, and then have lost an additional 10 lbs. Give yourself some time to get rid of the Water weight/bloating and pounds will soon fall off! I am seeing results already. Good luck to you.

I have lost 9 pounds since my surgery date.

I was banded on July 8. I came home from the hospital weighing 5 lbs more than I did on surgery day. Since then I have lost those 5lbs. I feel very bloated, swollen, and my digestive system doesn't feel like it is working as it should. I am not going to worry about losing weight. I am ingesting about 700 calories a day on average. To maintain my current weight would take about 2800 calories...so...I should be losing several pounds a week. I am sure that will all happen when I adjust.

I can't tell if I feel restriction or I am just scare to put too much of my full liquid diet into my new stomach. I haven't had that stuffed full feeling but I don't feel hungry. My Dr. wants me to "eat" only 3x a day. I am finding that I need 1 or 2 small Snacks...in the p.m. and right before bed.

I have lost 18 lbs. since my highest number which was my first doctors appt. I am one week post op. I have actually lost the most this week since surgery but I also think I am still bloated. I am not trying to lose but it seems impossible when all you can do is have liquids! LOL

I was banded on the 2nd and haven't lost an oz. Have eaten between zero and 860 calories over the last 11 days so I think I'm just retaining Water and am not worried about it. I am so ready to hit the gym but have to wait a few more weeks so having to settle for walking.

I wouldn't worry too much about the first month, let your body heal and get over the trauma. I get my first fill the 28th (although I am rarely hungry so so far don't need it) and will start worrying about weight-loss after that.