Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!

I had my surgery July 2nd and everything is going great. I have lost a total of 35 pounds since the beginning of this adventure and am very grateful for the band. I am preparing to transition from liquids to mushies and am really racking my brain for food I can eat. Can I have some ideas of your favorite things you ate during the mushy stage? So far what I have come up with is: turkey and green Beans - blended together in a blender

chili (mild!!) - blended together in a blender

....any other ideas?

THank you!!

I had apple sauce, Lipton Noodle Soup (with broth not chicken pieces), instant mashed potatoes with fat free gravy, refried Beans (pulverized some salsa and mix in the beans, nuked in microwave and put fat free cheese on top to melt), sugar/fat free puddings (Jello), creamy egg salad (hb eggs, light mayo, dijon mustard, salt pepper), creamy tuna salad (same recipe but with yellow mustard ala Pinera Bread), Tomato Soup with Kraft fat free slices broken up and melted into soup. I can't think of any others, but hopefully this will help. A lot of the above was on a list the dietician gave me, and I just added things like mustard for flavor (yellow and dijon have little or no calories or fat).

A few of the things I ate were Dannon light and fit carb and sugar control yogurt, sugar free pudding, low fat cottage cheese, soft scrambled eggs, pinto bean puree (1 can drained and rinsed pinto Beans, 2tsp. olive oil, small diced onion, 2 diced garlic cloves, 1 cup salsa, and 1/2 cup chicken broth.....sautee onion and garlic in olive oil, then place all ingredients except broth into blender and pulse, add broth a little at a time until you get desired consistency. Then heat it on the stove until thickened and bubbly.....my surgeon's office gave me this recipe, it's good!). Oh, and my favorite....sugar free fudsicles.

I did a lot of what was already mentioned: tuna salad, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, applesauce. But I also did Soups. Progresso's lentil Soup pureed in a blender was great; lots of Protein and Fiber. Campbells Select soups, they come in a box (John Lithgow does their commercials) are good options too with great flavors like Butternut squash soup and a great Tomato Soup. Already mushy enough to eat. Good luck!:thumbup:

I started on mushies today, boiled up a packet of low cal Soup in quite a bit of Water then added mash potatoe powder to thicken it. It was so yummy!

Also blending veggies and adding it to veggie stock to make a smooth veggie soup.