Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got approved then Got SCARED!!!

I really expected this to be a fight I thought the insurance would look over my request and say well lets try the 6 month diet... Well not at all the authorization request was submitted July 3rd and the surgeon called me yesterday stating that it had been approved.

I travel approx. 1 hr each way to and from work.. so it gives me plenty of time to think... I started doubting myself thinking I failed at every diet I ever went on. I am a glutton when I eat.. I take as my husband calls it HUGE bites... and drink like 4-5 glasses of Water or tea when I eat... how in the heck am I going to re-train my eating habits...

I lay in bed at night thinking wow one day I might wear a size 10-12 again. Then I think,, "yeah right"...

Wow very screwed up in the head right now from excited to paniced!:confused2:

Hi, I know what you are going thru, when i waz all set to hit the table I had second thoughts but they diminished quickly when i realized that this waz not just another diet this waz it, I waz going to loose the weight no matter what. The band won't let you eat excesivly and yes it is a scary thought after so many years of abusing our bodies. I myself waz a binge eater, can't do that anymore lol. U learn realy fast how to eat slow and u get full faster and faster. I am alittle better than a year out and have lost 56lbs, it is slow but then again it didn't take over night to put it on ither lol! It is worth it if you are ready to make the commitment to yourself! I have had alot of trial and error, learning to slow down take my time dont' eat certain foods lol. bread and rice big no no if you eat more than 2 or 3 bites. BUT it is worth it to be able to see your toes standing up lol. Don't wory, think it out, the surgery is a breeze! I was in at 7am and out at1pm the same day. Back to myself in 3 days. The only thing i don't look foward to with the weight loss is the Tummy Tuck lol.. I hope i helped u some, any questions let me know. And GOOD LUCK GIRL IT"S WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keri

Stop stop being sooo mean to yourself.you are a wonderful person. You can do this and prove to all the dream robbers you are women.if not for you than whom.don't you want to enjoy life at a size 10-12, or better yet 5 or 6?? Walk proud of who u are going to become.you can do it.and do it in a big way..good-luck keep us posted

It is O.K. to be scared. It is hard to think that I will be able to change my "wicked ways" but that is what the lap band is for. It is a tool. You and your lapband can do this together. You are not alone in this. Don't expect it to do it all but it will give you the help that you didn't have on all those other diets. You have to want to get into those size 12's and be a healthier person. If you want it bad enough you will be willing to give up those 4-5 glasses with your meals. I have lost 65 lbs since last October and the one regret I have is that I didn't do it sooner. You are 43, I am 48 you can always learn new behavior. You didn't say how much you had to lose but if you are approved I would assume it is enough that the insurance co thinks it is necessary a well as your Dr. I will tell you now that you need to be sure you want this BEFORE you go through with it. I can't answer for everyone else but I know it was the right thing for me to do. I had sleep apnea, high blood pressure, joint pain, and back problems and my primary sent a referral but my insurance wouldn't cover it. I am a self-pay and I knew that this was what I needed to do before I ever went in for the consult, my Dr. just confirmed what I already new. I am not going to tell you that you will never have tempations or that your hunger will magically go away but with the lapband you will be able to have better control.

Good luck with your decision and keep us posted. When would your surgery date be?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches