Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:scared2:Hello. i am scheduled for banding on the 21st. I'm self pay and am afraid that if I have complications I'm not going to be able to deal with it. I'm at the low end of the BMI but have struggled with my weight for 8 years. I am almost ready to cancel. HELP!

Deal with what? Being nervous before embarking on anything new is perfectgly normal. What kind of complications are you expecting? Talk girl..that is why we are here!

Deal period. with all of it. My husband is trying so hard to encourage me to go through with this. I'm afraid of disappointing him and then myself if this doesn't work. I haven't found that to be the case with most of the people who have this surgery but maybe I just haven't found them. I'm scared. I don't do well after surgeries. Am I just being unduly anxious? When all the money is coming out of an already tight budget I'm weighing things carefully.:tt1:

ok...you are winding yourself in to a tizzy. stop and breathe. The surgical issues arew worrying but no doctor would approve you for surgery if he did not think it was physically safe. You cannot disappoint your husband. you are not doing anything to or for him. It will only faid if you want it to. I won't say you are worrying needlessly but I do think you need to take a step back and stop obsessing about it. Go for a walk, see a movie watch the sun set. If you already know you are not great after surgery then you know what to expect and you also know it ends. Talk to your best friend. Talk to someone who always makes you feel good. read some happy endings.

We have a very similar situation, except that you have a husband that is very encouraging.....you are lucky.

I too am on the lower end of the BMI scale. I am 5'3" and weigh about 165-170. So, I am not obese in the eyes of my insurance co. but I am obese when I look in the mirror. I am self pay in Mexico (next Monday 7/14) and I have been terribly concerned about possible complications.....and how I will pay for that. I have also drained my bank account and maxed out a credit card to get this done. But if I wait til I hit the lottery or get a big bonus check, I'll never get it done. My husband was totally against it at first and quite angry with me, mostly because of the cost of the procedure, but he has finally started to accept it.

So, here is how I have been handling my fears. First, and most important, I pray! Try to remember that complications are possible, but NOT probable, this surgery is minimally invasive. Most people can go back to work on day 3 or 4. I have been overweight (or plump) my entire life and I NEED this tool to help me get to a comfortable weight. And I have 3 people in my life (my mother in law, my aunt, and a friend) who have gone through this surgery and say it is the best thing they have ever done for themselves. I just saw my mother-in-law a few weeks ago and not only does she look incredible, but her personality has changed too. I have never seen her happier and full of energy. In my heart, I know that this is the right thing for me to do.

Follow your heart! Focus on the new you. But if you need someone that is in the same boat as you to chat with, I'm here for you :biggrin2:

Good luck,

Jane

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches