Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess I would call myself the bored eater... My hunny goes to bed real early because he is up early.. So I watch tv or play on the computer and think that the refrigerator is calling my name. My husband is one of those guys who can eat anything and have no consequences. I am just the opposite he eats it I gain it.

What happens after the band, from what I read I won't lose the desire to be that bored eater, am I still going to eat and gripe at myself the next day.

I need to lose this weight my knees hurt so bad and my mother is heavy and had both knees replaced..

I am scared what if I fail.. I have tried WW, JC, NS & numerous more thousands of dollars and failed nearly everytime.

Will I change I am so scared... Sorry needed to vent... Still in the insurance process... :confused2:

with snacking it helps at meals but thats it ive only lost 15lbs in 4 months and i still want to snack and eat Cookies at night and watch tv and eat...

i have to work out like crazy to get the weight to stay off..

I'm totally with you! I went to an orientation when reality started to hit me in the face. If I don't do anything to get my weight gain in control then I'm doomed to a spine, knees and ankles that will reduce my quality of life & I got 2 kids & a husband depending on me. I am scared sh*tless about going under anestsia(sp?) but I guess I am finally more scared to gain another 20 lbs. because I won't fit in my clothes or in regular movie theater seats...how embarrassing!

The band works if you do.

It won't stop you from eating, it won't stop your body from absorbing calories and fat and other nutrients. You can eat whatever you want. Eating high calorie, fatty, or otherwise unhealthy foods is something you do to yourself; the band doesn't care what you eat, but you should.

It won't change your habits for you; restriction doesn't stop emotional or unconscious eating. You can eat around the band and that is not the band's fault, it's yours. If you snack, that's on you, not the band.

It won't lock the refrigerator, do your exercise for you, or make you feel better when you are feeling low. It will remind you that you can only eat so much at a time, then it's up to you to stop eating and not start again until meal time.

You have to do all these things. You have to be ready. You have to make the changes and be prepared, no matter how tough it is, and use the band as a guide, a weapon in your arsenal. The band is meant to complement your new behaviors, not create them for you.

Success is your responsibility, not the responsibility of the band.

If you aren't sure you are ready, find someone to talk to until you are ready. You need to commit to this, with all confidence.

If you can do that, you are golden.

I am already seeing a counselor to deal with WHY I eat. Not just what I eat or how much. I know that my stress eating and habit eating is not going to go away b/c of the band. It is going to need to be a total lifestyle change. Not just a food issue....

You can do this if you WANT to do this. You will need to eliminate those things from your fridge that call your name at snack time. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter if hubby doesn't gain weight when he eats things that aren't good for him. They aren't good for him OR you and they need to go! I do all of the grocery shopping in my house so when I decided to change my lifestyle I changed the way I shopped. Instead of chips and Cookies and candies and ice cream now I buy fresh fruit and veggies and Jello and sugar free puddings and 100 cal packs of popcorn. I also have a huge assortment of tea because I find if I sip on hot tea with some splenda in it that it keeps my snacking minimal. I'm not saying that you never get to eat a yummy treat again. You just need to keep them few and far between or else you wont see the results you are hoping for.

So, dont be scared. Just make up your mind! Once you have made up your mind, you can do anything!

I know how bored eating is also. Something I have been working hard to put a stop to. What helps me is not buying the junk in the first place. If its sitting there in your cabnit/drawer/shelf your way more tempted.. Now if I could only get my BF to NOT bring junk home too. lol

The ONLY snacky type foods I have in the house now is the kids Breakfast cereals (All NON sugary) and microwave popcorn. lol.

And making sure I have healthier alternatives onhand for when I get the urge to snack.

Anymore I keep raw broccoli, caulliflower, 2 differnt types of apples, was buying pears & bannanas too but the doc said no to them cause of my diabetes. Those bags of precut salad mixes are great for a light meal with sugar/FF dressing. Carrots & celery. If I do snack its either fruit or a store brand Cereal thats like frosted mini wheats but have no frosting. Or chex cereals.

Also find things to stay occupied! I don't get bored if I have something to do. A hobby, books, find more great boards like this. Anything to do to keep you occupied will help. Bi weekly trips to the library, I also love to do word search puzzles, have 3-4 different hobbies I do occasional also.

The hobbies part wasnt a problem for me cause I have always been one of those people who have to be doing something. I can't just sit around and watch tv or I go nuts.

Start making the changes now. Slowly if you need to. But you'll be amazed at how soon it will be that you get used to it.

I too understand the whole bored eating thing but I have to tell you, once I got my third fill and hit my "sweet spot" I was very blessed that all that snacking didn't seem to matter to me. I didn't <don't> really grave it like I once did. I don't know if it's because on this journey I have changed my eating habits or because with past experiences <two> with being stuck and slime I just don't want to go through that again , If that is the case then the band is REALLY doing it's job! They say it takes 21 days for a habit to take form. Maybe it's a time thing and the further along you go with the band the more your lack of wanting to eat becomes a habit <shrug> Lord knows I don't have the answers but I PROMISE you that it is true where there is a will there is a way and the band sure helps with both the will AND the way!

Good-Luck to you!