Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cross your fingers-possible offer on the house

Hello everyone! I just had to share because I feel like I'm going crazy...hehe. The realtor called at 9:45am PST and said that we might have an offer. The people may not want it to the end of June though. That would be ok I think. I guess they are willing to do an 30 day escrow but as a result would want to pay $5000 under our offer. For just two more weeks, I think I can stick it out to get our asking price. This is so exciting and amazing. We bought our home just south of San Diego in Dec. 2001 for $299,100. Now we are asking $630,00-$645,000...some appreciation huh! As you can see, the insane rise in cost of living is why we are moving to Oregon. It will be nice to be able to put a huge chunk down on a house and I might not have to work, at least not full time.

Thanks for listening to my babbling. I haven't told my husband yet because I want to wait and hear more. Cross your fingers for me. Thanks.

OMG if you got what you are asking would not your new home be paid for and then some. I cannot believe the home prices out your way WOW.. Here's crossing my fingers and Toes that they are the ones..

Best of luck to you!

It's a sellers market right now.

It is amazing here in Calif. I bought my house for 629K in 12/2000 and now it's worth 870K. My daycare just anounced she quiting and moving. She's getting a bundle for her house and retireing.

As things happen for a reason, I'll be going part time starting in Aug. I've been wanting to go on part time for so long. Now It's finally happening!!!

Wow! Everyone should move to Oklahoma...You can buy a beautiful new 2000 sq ft home for arount 160k and just live off the rest!

Congratulations!

Aileena

I hope it works!!!!! Remeber what goes up can and will come down (except mayber in CA- you guys are just crazy!!!))

I think I have lost what you will gain- but somebody gets to get - I am glad it is a bandster!. our farm in TN has been for sale for four years. (We lost all of our industry- etc) We finally have an offer almost 400K less thans appraised value 6 years ago! But I can pay off the bank and get out from 4 years of two payments (there and STL).

Heather,

That is awesome! You should be able to find a great house in Hillsboro with all that cash. Just to warn you, the traffic sucks out that way, I suppose living in San Diego it won't seem so bad here, nevermind!

Let me know when you get up here, we should find a lap band group to go to. I asked at the dr. office today and they said that they have a group that meets once a month, I will get more info when I go in for my pre-op class, hopefully that will be soon.

I have my sleep study done Saturday night, then it takes 2 weeks for the idiots to read the study and dictate... (ridiculous!) then when the office finally gets the results they will sign my up for the pre-op class and refer my over to the surgeons office to meet and make my surgery date. I am really hoping to do this in early June. Will keep you posted.

Worked out today to burn my minimum 300 calories a day, they said I have to lose 14 pounds before surgery or they won't do it. I suppose I should serious about the watching what I eat... sucks. Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do.

Rena

Well...no official word yet. I got a call from our realtor at 9:30pm and he said that the potential buyer wanted to offer $625,000 with a $5000 credit for closing costs....computing to only $620,000. My husband and I talked and decided to counter them at $630K with the $5K credit. We had wanted around $635K but decided to go with this couple, if they accept the counter, since they are already pre-approved and have a move in date in mind. I already miss my hubby after only two days and want to get up to Oregon.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that what is meant to be will be. If this doesn't fly, we have another Open House on Sunday.

Thanks.

Rena...I will be emailing you.

Oh I just love this real estate drama!!!! Please keep us posted! My advice? Don't nickle and dime a good buyer...especially when it means you are not with your hubby! I think you made the perfect couter-offer, and I'll bet they take it! Let us know!

I've never seen real estate come down, since I'm an investor, that's a good thing. Interest rates vary, which may determine the speed in which a home sells, but I've never known of a home to sell at a reduced rate unless the seller just needed to get out from the debt or had to sell for personal reasons, such as divorce of illness, etc. When the stock market fell, my real estate just kept on getting it. Invest in real estate, they're not making anymore of it.

Good luck on the sale of your house, I'd use a little of that money to invest in a rental property that becomes a source of income.