Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you recomend a surgeon in Brisbane

Hi,

Can anyone recomend a surgeon in Brisbane? As my husband got banded in March and he has lost a lot of weight. He went with Dr. Bowden and I was wondering who else is out there and how much they charge, because I am thinking about getting it done. I do have private health insurance but was wondering what the cost was with or without insurance.

Dr. Bowden out of pocket expenses was $6.600.

There is another doctor at the wesley. Dr Ian Martin. He's my surgeon, I'm not sure about the amount you would be out as the public system is paying for my surgery, but I know that he does alot of his surgeries at the pa hospital. There is also a obesity clinic on the gold coast and on weightlosssurgery.com.au there are a list of surgeons in queensland/brisbane

I was banded by George Hopkins at Holy Spirit Chermside. He is a fantastic person and a brilliant surgeon, I thoroughly recommend him. I believe he is hard to get into, and may have a bit of a waiting list, but for me it was worth the weight (pardon the pun lol). I have lost 44kg in just over 5 months, it has been really successful!

Wishing you all the best,

Josh.

Hi all,

Thank you all for replying and after much researching I have opted to go with Dr. Copps so I have my first appointment with him on the 23rd July, looking forward to that one. One of the main reasons was that he does the op at Greenslopes Hospital John my husband got done at the Wesley and it was such a pain driving into the city all the time for appointments etc.

Sam

Hi Sam,

my appointment is on the 24th. We might end up getting done at the same time, who knows.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks Chickie, everything I've read about him has been super positive and glowing! Can't believe its this Thursday when I finally get there. Will be setting my op date at that visit, cause its still a couple of month's away, but I will be able to give work plenty of notice.

I'm getting really excited now!

Hi Sunwyse,

I got a phone call from Dr. Copps receptionist today and she has changed my appointment until the 24th at 1pm, as Dr. Copps has a funeral to go to. So who knows I might see you there.

Sam

I went to Dr Nicholson Sunnybank he is honest and very good. I have been banded for 5 years and lost 65kg.

I went to Doug Nicholson at Sunnybank he is honest and helps you through everything and available 24 hours a day. He is great.

I have my first appointment with Dr Copp in late August, so will be very interested to hear how those before me get on!! Please report back....:seeya:

Hi Sunwyse,

I got a phone call from Dr. Copps receptionist today and she has changed my appointment until the 24th at 1pm, as Dr. Copps has a funeral to go to. So who knows I might see you there.

Sam

I think it was Benita who is away for a funeral on Friday (or at least that is what he said on the phone, he might be going too for all I know) Usually, you see Benita before you see Dr Copp. Good luck tomorrow.

I have my first appointment with Dr Copp in late August, so will be very interested to hear how those before me get on!! Please report back....:thumbup:

I love him to bits. Is there anything in particular you wanted to know about?