Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does this mean to you...

"...maybe we weren't meant to be together, but that doesn't mean i'm not going to love you and stay with you."

I just want some opinions. I don't want to say how I took it, so as not to cloud your opinion. :confused2:

you are not his 'soul mate'?

Sounds fishy.

hubby said it

well, to me it sounds like, it's too much of a hassle to get out of this, i'm here, so i guess i'll try to make the best of it. in other words, he's settling for me.

or am i being paranoid?

Nope, not paranoid I don't think. Thats how I would have taken it. Did he say it calmly in conversation or was it in amongst a heated argument?

It sounds like my relationship. I am settling. I am stuck in a relationship that I am not happy in. Kinda scary though, when I think what it would be like dating all over again. I have serious trust issues. I pray to God this isn't what the dh meant.

Perhaps just what LOVE said. You may not be his soul mate, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love or adore you. I used to be in love with mine (bf) but now there are his kids and my own. Five years later, we are family. If I break up with him I will be affecting my son all over again. I did that once when his father (my husband) separated. He cheated and I don't tolerate that. Now I feel like he is just a room mate that owes me a lot of money (business related) hence the feeling of being stuck.

wow...sounds like he might want out, but fishing for your feelings so it won't be all him taking blame for ending it.

What exactly was the conversation prior to the statement from him. Was it out of the blue?

I was taught a long time ago that love is a choice. You choose to love or not to love.

I believe what he is saying is that, perhaps you guys were not actually meant to be together, but that now that you are together, he loves you and will always be with you.

Love grows over time and builds that bond of commitment.

I think he was, in a man's weird way of saying things, trying to tell you that even if things were rough or perhaps different choices should have been made, that he loves you and wants you.

Learning to interpret the weird things guys say is hard sometimes because we, as women, are wired differently.

Perhaps talk to him and ask him to try to explain more in depth. You may get more out of him that way. He may just have trouble with words.

I would have felt like they're saying, they could do better, you dont belong together, but he's too lazy to find a new relationship. Definitely a damaging thing to say :tt2:

Because this came from your husband and not a date it is not a promise that you will be stalked for the rest of your life. That is a good thing. I think he is saying that he loves you and wants to remain with you forever even if you think that he is not your soul mate.

I think you should ask him what he meant.

Maybe he meant "I'm settling". Maybe he meant "I wouldn't have picked you originally, but now that I have, I'm in love with you."

But you don't know until you ask.