Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just can't seem to get motivated to eat properly. I have had one fill so far. When I eat what I am supposed to, I feel great. That should be motivation enough, but I am still fighting those old demons. I HATE that the food I am not supposed to eat is the easiest. And with as expensive as food is getting, it's hard to afford the proper foods. The bad food is so much cheaper and easier. ARGH!!! This is not fair. Anyway, just needed to rant. I know it's a slow process and I am not going to change overnight. poop.:blushing:

Jennifer, you don't suck. Your right, it takes time. My nutritionist stressed PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE. Have the right things in the house that you can grab if you feel yourself falling into bad habits. Do you have a "band buddy"? I'm not banded yet but I do. And she's not banded either. Keep on moving forward and keep on reading this board. If your head is in a winning place, your body will follow.

I have not been banded yet, I am just begining the process. I know about those demins!! I hate them too. I wish their was some kind of surgery that could be done on the brain to get rid of those ugly demons. That is one of the things that I am afraid of. I know at one of the seminars that I have been to suggested that I continue going to the shrink to help with things like that! Maybe it might help with you? Just a suggestion!!!!!!!! I will pray for you!!!!

Lisa

Darl'en... I have news for you. You have only been banded for two months! I'll bet you didn't know that! ;o)

Dealing with food issues does not happen overnight, it takes months. All you can do is take it one day at a time. It will happen, just let your mind catch up with your new lifestyle.

I agree with myturn, prepare prepare prepare. I know if I have good meals here to prepare I do, when the cupboards are low and Iam missing things its easy to say lets go out. BUY everything you need and have it all around. Hang in there, you don't suck. Old habits DO die hard. Keep trying.

I am also an emotional eater, although I used to go on binges and only stopped when I could eat anymore.

I never purged though so for years I never thought of it as being a eating disorder....... I haven't been banded for long and are still in the mushy stage but from what I heard not only will it be impossible to over eat to the extent that I used to, it would be damaging to the band and my new stomach pouch....... and I am already attatched to my band.... weird huh.

So I am going to try a on-line program for eating disorders that I heard about and that is supposed to be very effective it is on www.shrinkyourself.com

It is 120.00 for a 12 week program but they have a free tryout...

I will keep you posted on how it goes, I now think it is important for me to have some sort of program or counseling for the emotional part.......I have been eating for emotions since around age 6..... and I want to eat to live not live to eat......

Good luck!

Well, I suck too. I was banded 3/3/08 and had my 2nd fill a couple a weeks ago. I pretty much stopped losing weight about a month ago. My Mom was in the hospital, job sucked, yada, yada, yada. Wasn't eating right and wasn't excercising. I'm trying, really trying, but it just sucks some times. I think after being banded you're expecting sooo much from yourself and no excuse is good enough. Keep a food diary if that helps, chew gum (sugar-free), but absolutely keep coming back here because we're all in the same boat. :blushing:

Bexter....careful with the gum...if you swallow it....I've been told it is not good...especially at restriction.....

NOt that I have restriction yet!

No worries, amsderb. I've had things get stuck and it hurts lika *#!%$@!! No fun at all. Can't imagine what gum would feel like, and I don't want to find out! :blushing:

I live alone, So I know that I need to clean out my pantry and get rid of all the junk that could be destructive. But I'm also the kind of person that can binge on anything. olives, parmesean cheese, raw egg noodles. I'm going to have to find crafty things to do with my mind and my hands. I'm thinking about getting one of those playstation/gameboy things and getting some of the mind games that you see the stars playing on TV. You know keep my brain occupied so I don't get bored and turn to food.:thumbs_up:

you'll do better in time...wish you luck!

Linksmom.....Buy a Wii Fit if you can find one it's so fun you don't know you are working out until the next day when every muscle in you body hurts.

Jennifer27 I notice you are 31 years old that's many years of poor eating habits and we are all creatures of habit! You can't expect to unlearn all those years of poor habits in 2 months. So you made a few mistakes tomorrow is another day and more fills to go where you will get more restriction and you won't have a choice but to eat less. I always go at the beginning of each week and buy a pre-cooked roasted chicken at the market and keep it in my fridge so if I am hungry at least I have a Protein all ready to go no prep needed.

Linksmom.....Buy a Wii Fit if you can find one it's so fun you don't know you are working out until the next day when every muscle in you body hurts.

I agree! :thumbs_up: That is what I want to get...my family wants one too!:thumbs_up:

Gum can get stuck where you have to go to the doc and have it surgically removed. I avoid it. Also heard sugar free gum can cause you to get hungry.

Jennifer you're just starting out, getting down trodden is all too common, you just got to get your head in it, and keep going. If you 'mess up' or feel down, just work on making it pass and going forward.

Laura, I just checked out your blog....You have done a great job! Thanks for sharing....your trip with the girls sounded fun too!

Shelley