Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The two things I have learned recently...

Two things I have learned in the last week:

1. I cannot lose weight if I don't work out too. I didn't work out for a few weeks due to sickness and Tietze's syndrome and I only lost one pound.. As soon as I started working out again I dropped 5 pounds in a week! WTF??!

Another thing I learned...

2. Even my brand new $70 scale tricks me. I got on this morning and it said I lost 3 more pounds from yesterday's weight.. I was so excited.. jumping up and down telling my husband and just to make sure it was right I got back on.. guess what.. I suddenly gained 3 pounds.. again WTF??!! I get back on.. lost a pound.. got back on and gained a pound.. What the hell do I weigh!! I weighed myself 6 times and just took the weight that showed the most.. I lost one pound. I'll take it.. but, I guess I'll have to weigh myself several times each morning.. What's funny is my husband weighed himself three times in a row and all of his weights were exactly the same. Maybe my scale is just tired my big butt getting on and off all the time... :ohmy:

ANyway, does anybody else have these problems???

My scales do that too if they are not perfectly level on all four corners. And also if I don't step squarely on with both feet in the correct location I get different readings sometimes. It can be maddening to see you're down then the next time you're back up!

Yep, my scale is schizo like that too. Very frustrating. Especiallly when you weigh five times and three out of five times it's really high! =P

I'm going to start exercising tomorrow (she says for the tenth time). I really am, though. We'll see if that helps because Lord knows I'm not losing anything.

I think if your band is too tight you don't really lose very fast either. With my last fill I was too tight and just not getting enough calories in. You really have to find a happy medium. It irritates me when people think the band is the "easy way out" because it's not. The band does help with me not pigging out on breads and pastas but other than that I still have to work out, eat right and try very hard at this. It's not an easy way out...

CC, you're so right about the exercising. I have been pigging out lately. I have lost no weight, and I'm sure if I weren't getting my butt out there and doing this I'd have gained exponentially.

Also, I have to step on my scale several times. Whatever weight it reads twice, that's what I write down. I really want to get one of those medical office types that you have to move the weights at eye level. Maybe when I get some extra money I'll do that.

Make sure your scale is not on carpet or any other soft surface. When my scale is on hard wood I get the same reading now matter how many times I get on and off but put it on a carpet and its all over the place.

I remember one time I put my scale on carpet to see what it would say, and it said I weighed 115!! LOL!!!!

2. Even my brand new $70 scale tricks me. I got on this morning and it said I lost 3 more pounds from yesterday's weight.. I was so excited.. jumping up and down telling my husband and just to make sure it was right I got back on.. guess what.. I suddenly gained 3 pounds.. again WTF??!! I get back on.. lost a pound.. got back on and gained a pound.. What the hell do I weigh!! I weighed myself 6 times and just took the weight that showed the most.. I lost one pound. I'll take it.. but, I guess I'll have to weigh myself several times each morning.. What's funny is my husband weighed himself three times in a row and all of his weights were exactly the same. Maybe my scale is just tired my big butt getting on and off all the time... :cursing:

ANyway, does anybody else have these problems???

scales . . . EVIL things, they are! :) I weigh myself once in the morning, and I DO NOT get back on, because yes, the scale will read differently - and it usually seems to go up, from anywhere from a half pound to a full pound! :tongue: So one reading, then I stay away. I've been told to weigh myself only once a week, but reading it once a day is working for me. I do notice my weight tends to "rock" back and forth between a few pounds (from day to day). As long as the trend continues downward, I know I must be doing something right.

scales . . . EVIL things' date=' they are! :) I weigh myself once in the morning, and I DO NOT get back on, because yes, the scale will read differently - and it usually seems to go up, from anywhere from a half pound to a full pound! :tongue: So one reading, then I stay away. I've been told to weigh myself only once a week, but reading it once a day is working for me. I do notice my weight tends to "rock" back and forth between a few pounds (from day to day). As long as the trend continues downward, I know I must be doing something right.[/quote']

Right, that's just it, this was all done at the same time. I only weigh myself totally naked in the morning after I go potty. I never step back on the scale anytime after that, I just happened to weigh myself when I thought that -3 pounds was a little suspicious, because I had already lost so much this week. So, there was only about a minute in between the first and second and third and fourth weigh in. lol

It irritates me when people think the band is the "easy way out" because it's not. The band does help with me not pigging out on breads and pastas but other than that I still have to work out, eat right and try very hard at this. It's not an easy way out...

You are 100% correct. Anyone who knows someone with a band knows it's not easy. Even my SB sister looks at me with such worry and sorrow when something gets stuck and I'm in pain. I tell her, it's okay - I asked for this. It's not easy when something like broiled shrimp goes down just fine one day, and I burp it all back up the next. It's maddening, really. The band only makes it SLIGHTLY easier to make good choices because you don't want to end up hurting, and it does make it easier to eat smaller portions. If it wasn't doing those things, it certainly wouldn't be worth the $15 grand I forked out for it. I'm not without the ability to screw this up, though. I went on vacation last week and gained 3 pounds! I'm not changing my ticker, though! I will have that three pounds gone by the end of the week or I'll take out a carving knife and peel it off my fat ass!:)

CoolCrystal hang in there. Remember it all takes time.

Here's one for you! I haven't been playing netball for the last 2 weeks (we are on a mid season hiatus) and I have lost 2.3kg. I haven't done any other exercise apart from working around the house and I lost weight!! And for the 8 weeks before that, even when I play netball I don't lose any weight...

Go figure? :blink:

Exercise is that pesky thing that sucks up all of your energy and makes you ache, but stop for a few days and so does the weight loss. It is definitely what is keeping me going. I am bored to tears at Curves, don't care for the looks I get at the regular gym, and don't get enough of a workout with the WiiFit and other machines I have at home. Keep up the great work, sounds like it is melting off now!!

You are 100% correct. Anyone who knows someone with a band knows it's not easy. Even my SB sister looks at me with such worry and sorrow when something gets stuck and I'm in pain. I tell her, it's okay - I asked for this. It's not easy when something like broiled shrimp goes down just fine one day, and I burp it all back up the next. It's maddening, really. The band only makes it SLIGHTLY easier to make good choices because you don't want to end up hurting, and it does make it easier to eat smaller portions. If it wasn't doing those things, it certainly wouldn't be worth the $15 grand I forked out for it. I'm not without the ability to screw this up, though. I went on vacation last week and gained 3 pounds! I'm not changing my ticker, though! I will have that three pounds gone by the end of the week or I'll take out a carving knife and peel it off my fat ass!:thumbup:

Yay, you are back and don't worry about that three pounds. I gained three on our cruise and it came off that week and then some. It was like some temporary vacation weight gain. lol. And you do not have a fat ass at all.. don't even girlie!!

And, the bad stuff definitely goes down a lot easier than the good stuff sometimes, like chips and icecream, but I'm glad I cancelled my fill for this friday because I don't need it. I really don't want to be tighter than this at all because I want to get the good stuff down easily. My doctor said something wise to me once.. he said "don't let yourself get too tight because you will be miserable, I promise" and he is so right. I lose more when I'm not so tight and I'm just happier overall.

CoolCrystal hang in there. Remember it all takes time.

Here's one for you! I haven't been playing netball for the last 2 weeks (we are on a mid season hiatus) and I have lost 2.3kg. I haven't done any other exercise apart from working around the house and I lost weight!! And for the 8 weeks before that, even when I play netball I don't lose any weight...

Go figure? :thumbup:

Yep, that makes sense. Last night I didn't go to the gym, but I stretched at home and spent an hour cleaning - vacumming, picking up, doing dishes and I actually worked up a sweat.. at one point I even broke out in dance with two glasses I was putting away... I woke up this morning.. lost a pound. LOL.. My husband sat his rear in the computer room.. he didn't lose a pound. lol.

Hey Crystal, whats shakin? Ok, we have 2 scales, they are 4 pounds apart. Depending on what the fat scale tells me, then I go on the skinny scale, like if I had a bad day before or around my TOM. Then I go to the doctor and they say to go by thier scale. I don't know if the doctors scale is closer to the fat scale or skinny scale at home, I'm going to have to pay closer attention next time. But all I do know is that I have been doing the eliptical and now I have definition in my calves so I am getting those NSVs!!!