Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The band is not good do not do it! PLEASE! save your self the money!

i think i have a large band 10cc? it has 7 in it i have to pay for fills so have not been recently too much pain to get one anyway

my only other issue is people suspecting my motives. I will tell you any details you wantjust ask.

i am sorry you think it is not right i am just offering up my experience as a bad one just as many others offer positive ones

There are plenty of other american doctors who would help you. I know the drs at NYU will see people who were banded by other doctors. Especially if you are having trouble. What are you eating?? Are you chewing? How long have you been in pain and, if your dr was not responding, have you tried to contact any other drs to get their help? Have you gone to do a barium swallow to see if you have a slipped band? All of these things are part of routine band follow up and, if something is wrong, you arent gonna lose weight at the same rate. This does not make the band a bad proceedure...just means you need a better doctor and more follow up.

Okay, snowho...I'm attempting to believe you, but you gotta understand that it's difficult based on how you're coming across.

Would you mind answering some band questions? Like: what type do you have? How many fills have you had? How many cc's? What do you eat - are you following the program?

I haven't lost weight in 3 months and it's because I've rediscovered ice cream and refuse to give it up. It's an inner struggle with myself - NOT my band.

Are you eating poorly and blaming the band? Have you had a check up with your doctor to discuss any of this?

Thanks...

I am deleting this. I do not remember the brand I think it is a large 10 cc band during my free year of fills I had 4 I think I no longer get free fills I had my surgery by Dr. Montgomery at Northwest Medical Weight Loss surgery in everett wa in late december 06. I think my band has 7.5cc in it now hurts like hell in my throat

I do not care if any of you believe me. You may all go screw yourselves

If you have issues with me or suspect my motives I live In Bothell WA 98021

Please feel free to contact me

I am through with this shiothole board you need to post opinions are not allowed unless they agree with ours.

I don't think you're being fair.

You have 7cc so you should have plenty of restriction. Assuming there's nothing wrong physically with your band, I'd be willing to bet you 100 bucks if you would do liquids only for 3 days to tighten yourself back up, and then stick to the program, eating lots of lean meats and veggies, you'd start losing weight.

You already admitted that you eat soft slider foods cause it doesn't hurt. That is what's making you not lose weight.

The band doesn't do it for you. You MUST change your diet. The band only makes it easier for you to do that. I've lost 15lbs in the last two weeks cause I finally stopped feeling sorry for myself and my lack of aftercare over the last 4 years and started doing my own research and following most of the advice online. You can continue to feel sorry for yourself and keep getting the same results, or you can make changes and start loving yourself and your band.

I cannot figure out how to delete my posts otherweise I would it is too bad people have called me a liar and I could not just post my opinions

ATTENTION MODERATOR If you see this please delete my account

I'm by no means an expert, but it sounds like you may be to tight. If it hurts and you have to eat easy food, you may need to be unfilled. It sounds like your mind is already made up to have it removed. That is your choice. I am not trying to attack you here, I would just like more info. But have you really given it a good try? When have you last seen your dr? I have no doubt that your job is physical, but if you are eating too many calories, a walk durning your lunch may not be near enough. I'm sorry that you are not happy and I do not wear rose colored band glasses, but your approach to tell people of your bad experences was pretty bad. I'm sure if you think back to before you were banded and made the decision to do this, you would of blown off a post like yours too. Honestly, you haven't even made me doubt MY decision to be banded for even a second. Best of luck to you, I hope you get relief soon. -Chelle

My Doctor wants me to have the band, I'm 280lbs, previous back surgery, adna bad back, high blood pressure, kind of high cholesterol. I've looked into it and read this forum and I don't want to do it. I can't imagine all the stuff you go thru afterwards. It seems the only thing the band really does is prevent you from eating, but at what costs? I just don't think I'm ready.

My Doctor wants me to have the band, I'm 280lbs, previous back surgery, adna bad back, high blood pressure, kind of high cholesterol. I've looked into it and read this forum and I don't want to do it. I can't imagine all the stuff you go thru afterwards. It seems the only thing the band really does is prevent you from eating, but at what costs? I just don't think I'm ready.

The surgery itself is easy. I haven't had any complications (other than the company going bankrupt and being left to fend for myself.)

You can keep doing what you've always done and keep piling on the pounds and the list of co-morbidities or you can give yourself a second chance with the surgery. Your choice.

That's too bad pennyllane. Yes, things can and do go wrong for a few people, but if you read this site and nation wide stats, I think you will find that the vast majority of people have found great success. I can't wait to be one of them!!! Good luck in your decision!

I am deleting this. I do not remember the brand I think it is a large 10 cc band during my free year of fills I had 4 I think I no longer get free fills I had my surgery by Dr. Montgomery at Northwest Medical Weight Loss surgery in everett wa in late december 06. I think my band has 7.5cc in it now hurts like hell in my throat

It sounds like you're too tight...can you go to any doctor, if not your own, to get an unfill? You may be causing damage that won't be able to be fixed...

I do not care if any of you believe me. You may all go screw yourselves

That's not a good way to argue your point. We're trying to believe you - and you obviously care or you wouldn't have posted anything in the first place.

The band may not be working for you, as sometimes it doesn't - but you should go to the doctor. Your throat hurts? That's a serious thing, and I urge you very much to get it checked out.

And, don't tell me to screw myself.